Default Songbird: Where to start? Favourite comic featuring?

Hey guys, i've recently started really getting into marvel comics, and Songbird is a character who has fascinated me for quite some time now.

I've looked everywhere, and i can't find the answer to my question. I know she doesn't have her own min-series or anything, but where is the best place to start for someone looking to get to know the character better? Origins, early stuff etc?

Also, what are your favourite comics featuring Songbird?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The most sensible suggestion is to start from Thunderbolts #1 (from 1997, not 2013) and go from there.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

The Thunderbolts books, and Dark Avengers would be where she's pretty much used the most.

Busieks Avengers Forever gave some nice Songbird love too.

BANNED

Thunderbolts mostly.
    Avengers Forever too.

Besides those two, the rest are guest star apperances.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubbleyoubrown View Post
    Hey guys, i've recently started really getting into marvel comics, and Songbird is a character who has fascinated me for quite some time now.
    I've looked everywhere, and i can't find the answer to my question. I know she doesn't have her own min-series or anything, but where is the best place to start for someone looking to get to know the character better? Origins, early stuff etc?
    You clearly have EXCELLENT taste, since she is, indeed, one of the greatest characters in Marvel (and often is described as having one the best character journey's of any hero).

Also, what are your favourite comics featuring Songbird?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    I agree that start from Thunderbolts #1 and move on from there. She gets lots of solo issues in that run, including the beautiful "Nuff Said." Generally Andy Diggle's Burning Down the House is voted as one of her all time best arcs; where she's trapped inside the Thunderbolts mountain as Venom, Moonstone and Bullseye try to kill her. It's FANTASTIC (but... obviously has much more power if you get to that story organically).

Since finding the original Thunderbolt run in floppy form (since only the first 25 issues are only just now available in an omnibus) is very difficult, you could quite easily start with New Thunderbolts by Fabian (because his entire run and every arc afterwards IS available in TPB form; and that's when Melissa the hero (and leader) really shines).
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Thank you very much to you all. I'm really keen to start reading, because from what i've seen & read, i already love this character.
    I'll start with Thunderbolts #1, then later move on to Dark Avengers, and Avengers Forever.

Big thanks once again for all the really helpful info.

Thank you very much to you all. I'm really keen to start reading, because from what i've seen & read, i already love this character.
    I'll start with Thunderbolts #1, then later move on to Dark Avengers, and Avengers Forever.

Big thanks once again for all the really helpful info.
    Actually I think you can skip Dark Avengers. I got Ellis Thunderbolts and Bendis Dark Avengers mixed up in my head. Essentially just go with Thunderbolts.

And like someone else said, it might be easier to just start with Fabians New Thunderbolts because it's in trade form. And really that was Song Birds book in a lot of ways. Though the original Thunderbolts was a super fun book too.