Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I still can't get a feel on Kuder. The Superman cover is so-so, and on the cover of the New Guardians for #20, Kyle looks kinda goofy. But on the same token, Carol and the background images in that cover are all awesome. So we'll see.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-12-2013 at 08:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still can't get a feel on Kuder. The Superman cover is so-so, and on the cover of the New Guardians for #20, Kyle looks kinda goofy. But on the same token, Carol and the background images in that cover are all awesome. So we'll see.
    Kuder, despite his weird facial expressions, is a great artist. He reminds me of Quitely and Burnham but those are two of my favourite artists so I don't mind. Rocafort, despite people overrating him to an absurd degree, is also a pretty great artist but I can't wait to see what he has in store for Green Lantern. If he and Fialkov work together I might miss a heartbeat.

I'm pretty sure Rocafort is leaving the book anyway. When Batman had fill in issues they were clear that they were fill in issues and Rocafort is the main draw of the book and DC hasn't made it clear he's filling in. We also have everyone in the Green Lantern line leaving so he'll probably go there. He fits those books better than Superman.

If I were to rank the Superman artists:

1 and 2. Kuder and Asrar. Both underrated and quite excellent. Enjoy both their work. I prefer Kuder personally.

3. Daniels. As overrated as you can be, generic and bland. Only thing of his I liked was R.I.P.

4. Silva. Terrible just terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Rocafort is virtually my favorite artist in the industry, but I thought he was a slightly poor fit for Superman and I'd be cool if he left for another title, and elated if he left for Green Lantern.

So to clarify first off. His work on Superman has been f-ing GORGEOUS. Like, my-jaw-literally-drops good. But as said by others above, his work is sort of Imagey and flashy, and Superman tends to work better with a classic, simple style heavy on physicality.

I'd be a little surprised if Rocafort left Superman this quickly, but Kuder - who has that clean, simple physicality - is a better fit for the book, and Rocafort would perform visual miracles on a space-centered, stylish and colorful title like Green Lantern.
    Rocafort on Green Lantern would be amazing.

I'm more of a Superman guy than Green Lantern, but I mean this line already has enough terrific artists - Daniel, Asrar, Lee, Silva (yeah I like him too), and maybe Kuder if he stays.

dammit I feel like saying so much but I can't T__T
    me and Kenneth go WAY back so I get a bit of inside scoop :P but I have to agree that yeah I do wish he was working on GL :(

Veteran Member

I love Rocafort's art. Styled, creative and dynamic, everything I want from a comic book so it would be a shame if he's off Superman but it's problably true. I think he will most likely go to New Guardians along with Lobdell, which would be perfect by the way.

However, Kuder is also a fantastic a creative artist with a much more detailed storytelling skill, I'm excited for it.

The problem with Asrar is he can't draw Superman himself. Which is kinda a biggie. It also boggles my mind because he draws Supergirl and well, virtually everything else in the tittle so so well, yet, he just can't do Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Rocafort is virtually my favorite artist in the industry, but I thought he was a slightly poor fit for Superman and I'd be cool if he left for another title, and elated if he left for Green Lantern.

So to clarify first off. His work on Superman has been f-ing GORGEOUS. Like, my-jaw-literally-drops good. But as said by others above, his work is sort of Imagey and flashy, and Superman tends to work better with a classic, simple style heavy on physicality.

I'd be a little surprised if Rocafort left Superman this quickly, but Kuder - who has that clean, simple physicality - is a better fit for the book, and Rocafort would perform visual miracles on a space-centered, stylish and colorful title like Green Lantern.
    This is what I'm saying (except for Rocafort being my favorite).

It's not "oh, Rocafort is doing a bad job on Superman, thank god they replaced him."

It's "oh, Rocafort is doing a great job on superman, but could be doing something even more interesting on a book he's more suited to, and Kuder is more suited to Superman than Rocafort".

I prefer Kuder to Roc personally, but they both have their strengths. I just think that Rocafort on GL and Kuder on Superman is a perfect switch.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I love Rocafort's art. Styled, creative and dynamic, everything I want from a comic book so it would be a shame if he's off Superman but it's problably true. I think he will most likely go to New Guardians along with Lobdell, which would be perfect by the way.
    My guess is that Lobdell and Rocafort will give Kyle Rayner and some others the "Red Hood and Outlaws" treatment. I don't like Kyle Rayner, but I think that would be sweet as hell.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I prefer Kuder as a penciller, but I think Rocafort's been the perfect fit for the story Lobdell has been telling. I'd like to see Kuder, Mahnke, and Kolins on the Lantern titles since Superman is already covered.

This is a heartbreaker for me! GL has been blessed with new blood for a while now.

He carved himself a nice run. The new guy looks good though. That Orion cover looks sci fi, Quitely influence for sure, but it looks British Sci Fi too!

NO! He can't leave. :(

I was all pissed when he left Red Hood, but I survived because he hopped onto a book I was reading.

If he leaves Superman for Green Lantern, I can only hope he hops onto New Guardians. That's the only GL book I read (and the occasional relevant issue of Corps). Rocafort drawing Kyle would be welcome.

I'm going to miss his Superman though. :/
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Roc's Superman looks young like he's supposed to, so I hope he stays.

Gosh I hope so but if his run is over I will welcome a new artist, what else can you do.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

I personally hope Rocafort gets a good writer this time.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I only picked up RHO for Rocafort's art, which I have always thought as just astounding. And while his work on Superman has been beautiful, I thought it was a...not necessarily an "odd" fit for him, just not the best book to showcase his style and work. I'm not the biggest GL fan, but could certainly see that book being a much better fit for his style. I would love to see him on a 'younger' book like the rumored Titans spin-off staring Raven and others.
    Not all who wander are lost....