Lion-O(2011)

vs.

Black Beetle(YJA)
    Azula
    Savage Opress
    Ice King
    No-Face
    Mumm-Ra(2011)

Avatar Korra gets a lot of love she doesn't deserve. And I would have replaced Mumm-Ra with Skeletor (2008) just to keep it with people who are unfamiliar with each other.

As for the fight, I really would love to see Ben Ten vs. Black Beetle, I think that'd be a hell of a battle. As for this fight though, I'm thinking the villians have quite a bit more firepower to overcome than the heroes could handle.
    Co-Winner of Character Creation Battle # 2
    Won Character Creation Battle # 5
    Finalist of Tami's Create a Martial Artist Tournament

Winner of Cleric of Hell Brigade's Secret Marvel Tournament
    Winner of KJS1982's Video Game, TV, Movie, Comic/Book Tourney

Won the Internet: 1 time
    Awesom Award: 2 times

Shamelessly plugging my fanfiction:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/576259/

That which does not kill you, pick up a knife and make sure it doesn't get a second chance.

I think Ben could do well against Beetle. I think a villain like Vilgaxx showed physical strength on a level superior to anything in Young Justice(I'm thinking of his Mount Rushmore feat specifically) and some of Ben's forms can take hits from the guy. Then someone like Way Big..I'm not sure what Beetle could do. It'd have to be some esoteric power.

Also Mumm-Ra from the latest cartoon never really impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Avatar Korra gets a lot of love she doesn't deserve.
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-12-2013 at 03:17 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

Well, Ben Ten is probably more powerful on his own than the rest of his team put together, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    What do you mean?
    I watched the whole season of Avatar Korra, I did not like it. With the original series, they had time to build up a connection with the characters, feel, understand and appreciate Aang's fear and loneliness, and see the pressure of everyone who tried to end 100 years of tyranny by the Fire Nation. I saw none of that with Korra. She spends a great part of her time playing the sport of this world, which, while cool, adds nothing to the plot. But what I disliked most of all was the shoe-horned ending. Korra loses her power, and then, BAM, the Avatar state comes to her via Aang like some great deus ex machina and gives her her power back. Aang had to struggle through fear and pain before he mastered it. It felt more earned to me than simply the ghost of Aang saying, "oh, here it is, we give you the Avatar State so you can be the avatar again"

But my real issue is with Korra herself. I would have loved to see more of her struggles, appear more human as she fought to live up to the legacy of Aang, maybe be unfairly compared to Aang by others which causes her to doubt herself. Then, there's no only that Korra is simply handed the Avatar State, but Mako, her crush, chooses her over Asami, who I thought was a much more complex character and didn't deserve to get ditched.

I just think 12 episodes to resolve a building trend against bending is too short. It should have been expanded upon and explored as to whether this is becoming the new mindset of the world, that normal people are feeling repressed by the benders.
    Co-Winner of Character Creation Battle # 2
    Won Character Creation Battle # 5
    Finalist of Tami's Create a Martial Artist Tournament

Winner of Cleric of Hell Brigade's Secret Marvel Tournament
    Winner of KJS1982's Video Game, TV, Movie, Comic/Book Tourney

Won the Internet: 1 time
    Awesom Award: 2 times

Shamelessly plugging my fanfiction:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/576259/

That which does not kill you, pick up a knife and make sure it doesn't get a second chance.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

I think Ben could do well against Beetle. I think a villain like Vilgaxx showed physical strength on a level superior to anything in Young Justice(I'm thinking of his Mount Rushmore feat specifically) and some of Ben's forms can take hits from the guy. Then someone like Way Big..I'm not sure what Beetle could do. It'd have to be some esoteric power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Well, Ben Ten is probably more powerful on his own than the rest of his team put together, so...
    This is Ben 10 from the original series by the way.

So the big fight is between Black Beetle and Avatar State Korra.

This is kind of tough. Featwise Avatar Korra wins, what with all the previous Avatar State feats. Kyoshi's island creation, Aang's giant tornadoes, and so on.

A lot of what hurts Black Beetle here is that we don't know his maximum output. We see him steamroll the YJ team and being only held at bay by Blue when he goes all out (and that guy took down Red Volcano who had previously kicked the earlier team's ass). I mean, if the guy is close to the level of Superman 'I can take gigantic explosions that are visible from space' or Fate's 'Look a my utterly huge barrier spell' he should have the edge.

But no feats and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    This is Ben 10 from the original series by the way.
    But the whole thing with Vilgaax did happen in the original series didn't it? Likewise Way Big was in the OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    .This is kind of tough. Featwise Avatar Korra wins, what with all the previous Avatar State feats. Kyoshi's island creation, Aang's giant tornadoes, and so on.
    But what could she do to put Black Beetle down? A tornado certainly wouldn't. I guess she could drop a huge chunk of Earth on him, which from his overall presentation probably shouldn't do anything but slow him down(plus why could he not blast through any chunk she tries to drop on him?).

I mean, if the guy is close to the level of Superman 'I can take gigantic explosions that are visible from space' or Fate's 'Look a my utterly huge barrier spell' he should have the edge.
    If he is close to that level of durability I think he's beyond Korra to do much of anything to. I don't think her firepower comes anywhere close to being enough to even mirror half the force seen in that explosion. It'd basically be up to Ben to do anything to him at that point(I think Ben as Way Big is beyond her anyways)
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-12-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

But the whole thing with Vilgaax did happen in the original series didn't it?
    Vigilax happened in the original series, to be sure, although I'm not entirely sure which feat you're referring to. Edit: It might have been the last episode.

Likewise Way Big was in the OS?
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Last edited by Sol M; 02-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Way Big was first unlocked in the last movie of the original series (which happens after the main plot has ended), so I am not sure if it counts.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i'm gonna say Ben gets his original ten but with cannonbolt replacing ghostfreak

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    i'm gonna say Ben gets his original ten but with cannonbolt replacing ghostfreak
    But isn't cannonbolt the one that later on was letting Ben harm a Vilgaxx who had been further empowered by draining those super heroes powers?

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

But isn't cannonbolt the one that later on was letting Ben harm a Vilgaxx who had been further empowered by draining those super heroes powers?
    if you mean alien force...that vilgax was severely weakened

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Way Big was first unlocked in the last movie of the original series (which happens after the main plot has ended), so I am not sure if it counts.
    Ships with the Season 4 DVDs, so I'm thinking it's good.