View Poll Results: Which Before Watchmen Titles Do You Recommend?!

Voters
78. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Before Watchmen: Minutemen 1-6

59 75.64%
  • Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre 1-4

44 56.41%
  • Before Watchmen: Comedian 1-6

12 15.38%
  • Before Watchmen: Nite Owl 1-4

17 21.79%
  • Before Watchmen: Ozymandias 1-6

31 39.74%
  • Before Watchmen: Rorschach 1-4

28 35.90%
  • Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan 1-4

24 30.77%
  • Before Watchmen: Moloch 1-2

16 20.51%
  • Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill

14 17.95%
  • Before Watchmen: Epilogue

4 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ozymandias was a great read, I coulsnt say about any of the other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    A question on the Epilogue. "Before Watchmen- Epilogue"? What exactly does that mean? Seems to be a contradiction. Does it take place after "Watchmen" or before? I've seen fan fiction on how Rorschach might still be alive afterwards so if that happens I'll be thrilled.
    Lol, If DC makes a story that shows Rorschach is alive after the events of Watchmen, a LOT of people will be pissed off at them.

most of the art is good if not stunningly good

Minutemen and Ozymandias for me.

Kinda regret not getting Dr Manhattan, I've read it turned out quite good. I'll see if I can pick up the issues during the big sale this weekend at my LCS.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Kirby was a cool guy, huh WilliamMcGuire's Avatar

To my knowledge, the one rule DC had about the Before Watchmen series was that every book had to end before The Comedian's murder, so I don't think the epilogue will reveal Rorschach is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMcGuire View Post
    To my knowledge, the one rule DC had about the Before Watchmen series was that every book had to end before The Comedian's murder, so I don't think the epilogue will reveal Rorschach is alive.
    Moloch # 2 ends after The Comedian's murder.
    And I don't think there's an epilogue anymore.

Speculation about Rorschach has included ideas about how if Dr. Manhattan can duplicate himself then maybe he can also duplicate others, so maybe when he zapped Rorschach he also sent a copy of him off somewhere. But though I would love to see that happen I think its highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Speculation about Rorschach has included ideas about how if Dr. Manhattan can duplicate himself then maybe he can also duplicate others, so maybe when he zapped Rorschach he also sent a copy of him off somewhere. But though I would love to see that happen I think its highly unlikely.
    Why? I think that would ruin the whole point of Watchmen.
    Calling All Writers!
    Join the fledgling Ultimate DC Unified Fanfiction Community
    Ultimate DC Universe
    Tons of Titles still available!

I think Minutemen and Silk Spectre have been the best. Nite Owl, Rorschach, Doc Manhattan, Moloch, and Dollar Bill (since it's only a single) have been mostly solid. I've enjoyed Ozymandias and Comedian the least out of all of the books.

The Before Watchmen comics are very interesting, highly recommended and some of the Before Watchmen are even better than Watchmen. It is best to get all of them so you don't miss out on any of the expansions and details of the Watchmen universe.

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    The Before Watchmen comics are very interesting, highly recommended and some of the Before Watchmen are even better than Watchmen. It is best to get all of them so you don't miss out on any of the expansions and details of the Watchmen universe.
    Sorry, no.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

BW: Minutemen was masterful. Just an excellent read. Silk Spectre was a fun read, with great art from Amanda Conner. I decided to trade wait the rest, especially after I got disappointed by The Comedian series.
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

the trade for silk spectre and minutemen are combined and thats all you really need :)

the other good ones : moloch, dollar bill, ozy, manhattan

the whatever ones : rorschach, niteowl

worst was comedian surprisingly

I've bought everything. And I just started reading them. so far they are not that good.

Just read Doctor Manhattan #1 and its decent. I feel J. Michael Straczynski nailed the inner monologue. I'm a bit confused about the back up the "curse of the Crimson Corsair". It says chapter 2 and then continued in Minute Men #3. Does anyone know the reading order for the back up story or is it even worth reading at all?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison