Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    It is. Just made with better plastic as it is taken from the original series shown here.

So is the Superman in the two-pack prone to breaking? That's the main thing I need to know because I don't want to buy it only to have it falling apart in my hands.
    Last edited by Last Son; 02-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Every single trip to Wal-Mart, for years, I make sure to walk in the kids isle and see if they happen to have a Superman figure for purchase. Always walk out empty handed.
    That's what I usually hear. Seems to be hard to find a decent Superman figure. Nice catch.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    So is the Superman in the two-pack prone to breaking? That's the main thing I need to know because I don't want to buy it only to have it falling apart in my hands.
    No, Only the reactivated is prone to break. You should have no problem.

Good to know. I was reading reviews on Amazon and every single one mentioned the hands popping off or one of the knee joints breaking. Oddly enough, they were all by parents buying them for very young children, but they apparently started coming apart right out of the package before the kids even got ahold of them.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Great. I purchased the reactivated one. *Crosses fingers*.

Great. I purchased the reactivated one. *Crosses fingers*.
    Where did you buy it from. Id be very careful taking it out of the package and I wouldn't move it to often. Id set the pose you want and just leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Where did you buy it from. Id be very careful taking it out of the package and I wouldn't move it to often. Id set the pose you want and just leave it.
    Here's the site, Lex:

toydorks.com

http://www.toydorks.com/DCDirectReactivated.php

To my advantage, I don't intend to move it much, if not at all. Like you said, will probably have a one pose and done.

Here's the site, Lex:

toydorks.com

http://www.toydorks.com/DCDirectReactivated.php

To my advantage, I don't intend to move it much, if not at all. Like you said, will probably have a one pose and done.
    Cool site. Thanks for sharing, never saw them before. I hope you get one of the good ones.

When it comes I'll be sure to update 8) Until then, I will be memorized by your collection!

The other day, I noticed my bro had a S-W-E-E-T Superman Action Figure laying out on his end-table so I asked him if he could bring it out to show me since I thought it was the BEST Superman figure I've seen.

Every single trip to Wal-Mart, for years, I make sure to walk in the kids isle and see if they happen to have a Superman figure for purchase. Always walk out empty handed. My brother does the same and never has seen a Superman figure lurking until he ended up snagging this one off the shelves:

DC Superheros Series 2 Superman
    I like how the angle and foreshortening in that shot make his hand look huge. Reminds me of the Get Smart villain, Ironhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I really really don't like how chunky they made him, though I do realize that some artists tended to draw him that way back in the golden and silver age.

Also, is the Superman in the DC Direct Superman vs. Doomsday 2 pack the exact same figure as the reactivated Superman? Defects and all? I was considering getting it.
    Love it!

The anatomy to that figure is very bad. Very awkward looking but I guess I can't fault the sculpture by any means. They have to craft their way around the way Supes was drawn in the comic by whichever artist for authenticity but still, a nice figure. Faults and all, I kind of like EVERY figure for what they bring to the table, haha. Defiantly could see where obsession comes from.
    The anatomy isnt bad at all. Its still proportional, just a bit more exaggerated at the core. Its Curt Swan-esque. The anatomy isnt bad, its not different than a Jim Lee exaggeration. Certain artists always exaggerate something somewhere.

It's just that it's an odd exaggeration. He looks tubby, and not just in an Alex Ross sort of way.

I just don't like how the anatomy is portrayed at the waist-line of the figure. Curt Swann is a legendary Superman artist that looks good for the Swann fans on paper, but I think it translates bad onto an actual figure with the puffed out chest, long frame and into a very low and small waist. Maybe I'm wrong but I actually like the figure because of the proportioned art and exaggerated style of Swann's pencils though it could look clunky as a figure overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    The anatomy isnt bad at all. Its still proportional, just a bit more exaggerated at the core. Its Curt Swan-esque. The anatomy isnt bad, its not different than a Jim Lee exaggeration. Certain artists always exaggerate something somewhere.
    I don't see Lee's art as such an exageration. I know more guys who look like that than the Swann physique.

The burly, thicker around the middle, just speaks of 'middle aged muscle boys', where the body can no longer retain the leaner build despite hours at the gym.

They're both quasi realistic and obtainable...just not by all, and not after certain age thresholds.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.