Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Just purchased my first NICE Superman Action Figure: Thoughts?

The other day, I noticed my bro had a S-W-E-E-T Superman Action Figure laying out on his end-table so I asked him if he could bring it out to show me since I thought it was the BEST Superman figure I've seen.

Every single trip to Wal-Mart, for years, I make sure to walk in the kids isle and see if they happen to have a Superman figure for purchase. Always walk out empty handed. My brother does the same and never has seen a Superman figure lurking until he ended up snagging this one off the shelves:

DC Superheros Series 2 Superman

Needless to say, I left uber-jealous. Since I rarely have the extra money, I've been holding out on starting my Superman Action Figure collection. With the release of the Mattel Man of Steel figure and the Henry Cavill Man of Steel statue, I'm ready for the splash.

Since my bro got the DCSH S.2 Superman, I didn't want my first to be the same as his, so I did some research and settled on DC Direct's Reactivated Series 1 Superman for $28.00 online.

DC Direct Series 1 Reactivated Superman

Now, I read that some deficiencies of this product is his hand joints and overall, a very delicate figure on its own merits, but one of the best looking ones to date. I'll pose my Superman for display, not so much play with him so if it's concrete enough, I'll be happy.

Anybody else have this figure and have any feedback on it? Thanks!

Ooooh! It is nice. I've actually never seen that one.

Is it recent? Or is that overstock from a previous line? I kinda want one now. The only Superman related character I have from Mattel is the 90's Superboy (which I LOVE).
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

The reactivated one breaks really easily. Also the ankles can be weak. I tend to favor sculpts over articulation most of the time.

Here are the ones I have:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c4d73584-1188-4a0a-aadb-f3e8ba7326c8.jpg   90b34f0b-47c3-4cd8-86f9-2b86683e840e.jpg   JL-Superman-New52.jpg  
    Last edited by lovelikewinter; 02-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Upon his lips the taste of pain
    venom kiss of love insane
    he's got a rod beneath his coat
    he's gonna ram right down your throat
    make your grovel on the floor
    spit up and scream and beg for more

Upon his lips the taste of pain
    venom kiss of love insane
    he's got a rod beneath his coat
    he's gonna ram right down your throat
    make your grovel on the floor
    spit up and scream and beg for more

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Ooooh! It is nice. I've actually never seen that one.

Is it recent? Or is that overstock from a previous line? I kinda want one now. The only Superman related character I have from Mattel is the 90's Superboy (which I LOVE).
    I believe the first figure pictured was the same model used for DC Superheros-line in the Superman/Doomsday packaging. There are some variants as well, like Superman in his Blue/Silver suite and the one packaged with Doomsday has a slightly squiggly "S" but same sculpt. The model has been used in quite a lot of different variants. I'll be getting it soon.

Here are the two being compared to one another:

^That "S" on the DC Directs is a little more thinner and squiggly, so that must be the one packaged with the Doomsday figure.

Very nice collection you got, lovelikewinter. I'm hoping my DC Direct Reactivated figure gives me no problems.

I've been eying an nu52 Superman figure as well.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 02-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    I've been eying an nu52 Superman figure as well.
    Take that plunge! I have both of the variants (the angry boxed set one, and the smirking single figure), and the single one is my favorite.

I'm going to have to find the Mattel one. Honestly, all of DC's 'classic' Superman figures are lacking in some way (be it construction, sculpt or stature). The New 52 Superman is the frst one they've done that I found to be perfect. Well, he and the New Frontier Superman...but he's in a class all his own. :D

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Take that plunge! I have both of the variants (the angry boxed set one, and the smirking single figure), and the single one is my favorite.

I'm going to have to find the Mattel one. Honestly, all of DC's 'classic' Superman figures are lacking in some way (be it construction, sculpt or stature). The New 52 Superman is the frst one they've done that I found to be perfect. Well, he and the New Frontier Superman...but he's in a class all his own. :D
    Considered me tempted klinton! Haha. I've heard nothing but amazing things about the nu52 Superman figures. I like the more serious Superman in the wave, is that sold in a single yet? I'd love to purchase that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Considered me tempted klinton! Haha. I've heard nothing but amazing things about the nu52 Superman figures. I like the more serious Superman in the wave, is that sold in a single yet? I'd love to purchase that one.
    Nope. It was only in the set. But seriously, it's not as nice as the single one. Photographs don't do them justice, as I was always of the inverse opinion until I got them.

The single one looks a lot less 'goofy' in hand. I swear. :p

I have each New 52 Superman produced so far.

DC Direct can be hit and miss. More than a few times they suffer from sloppy paintjob.

The smirking DCNU 52 is hideous. Really awful. And no stand as per usual from DC.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Take your pick.

Last edited by Lexrules; 02-12-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Nice figure.

I dont have any personally myself, but I always wanted this one. Face sculpt is almost perfect to me