Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm tempted to give it a shot but I hope it doesn't pull an Amethyst/Team 7.

That's the thing nowadays, with all these quick cancellations I grow more reluctant to buy into new books although thankfully Talon and the Earth 2 books are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    I'm tempted to give it a shot but I hope it doesn't pull an Amethyst/Team 7.

That's the thing nowadays, with all these quick cancellations I grow more reluctant to buy into new books although thankfully Talon and the Earth 2 books are still around.
    Why? Just treat them as finite stories, like an Image-style series with a beginning, middle and end.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Why? Just treat them as finite stories, like an Image-style series with a beginning, middle and end.
    That's exactly how I'm viewing them now, it's just kind of a weird thing where the companies intend to have them as ongoings but in the end they become mini/maxi-series although in some cases like Frankenstein they have a pretty decent full on run.

Please be good, please be good. I desperately want these lesser characters to succeed.

that was a painful read. Not checking this out. don't like the art either

I haven't been reading Birds of Prey but I'm definitely gonna check this out on Wednesday. After that it's up in the air.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

LOL at the kitchen line. That is terrible -- even for a quip. I'll pick it up because I like the artwork. Lets see what Nocenti can do with a decent artist.

I wish this was translated from Japanese because the way they're speaking is very stereotypically racist.

I would expect that in the 70s, but not today.
    Last edited by doordoor123; 02-11-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks awesome. I love the stylized look they're going for, great art so far.

This will be a good read. Nocenti doesn't disappoint.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Such a waste of good art. The writing in this preview is better compared to Catwoman, but it's still a long way from being good.

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

I happen to love my kitchen. Other than that, this reads typical Nocenti.

Wow. This looks fantastic. I just knew Nocenti would be a perfect fit on Katana.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    LOL at the kitchen line. That is terrible -- even for a quip. I'll pick it up because I like the artwork. Lets see what Nocenti can do with a decent artist.

I wish this was translated from Japanese because the way they're speaking is very stereotypically racist.

I would expect that in the 70s, but not today.
    I don't understand the online comic community. What is so terrible with reading about Rape or Sexism or discrimination against women? These things do happen in real life and reading about how women combat these problems and how they face these problems and rise above them is a pretty good story I feel. Its Sword and Sorcery #1 all over again.

This looks like it may be a surprise hit. A character that does not have a huge backgound that can be built up. Kudos to DC for giving this a chance. Nice to see something different than another Bat or Supes title.

Both the writing and art could use a little refinement, but there's definitely some good stuff here.

Artwork is beautiful. I have a suspicion this may be more suited to Nocenti than the trainwrecks that are Catwoman or GA. It reads ok. I'll probably give it a try.