Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by green_amethyst View Post
    I've never tried comixology, but if you're using an iPad, there's an APP called DC Comics (DC's ebook store). Most of time I would be able to pay and download the latest issues Tuesdays around midnight (12:05am to 12:45am PST).
    I think that back-ends off Comixology, no?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Snyder just needs to lay off the events for a bit
    I'll second hat. Hopefully the Riddler arc doesn't have a bat-crossover.
    Chill!

Homosexual Propagandist Supernature's Avatar

I personally didn't enjoy that story arc all that much. I actually enjoyed the previous one but this... Ugh !

One of the main problems I have with it is that it just seems to try entirely too hard to come up with ~*~epic~*~ imagery (at the detriment of the story), instead of simply writing a good story first and let the symbolism emerge naturally. This is the main why reason I didn't like issue 16 at all. It was especially out of control in this one.

Again I actually like Snyder's stuff usually, but this didn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Snyder just needs to lay off the events for a bit
    I agree with you somewhat. I just finished reading 17 and it felt somewhat... incomplete. The best way I can describe the DoTF arc is a train going down the track, picking up speed picking up speed until suddenly.... it runs out of track and falls over. It left me wanting more. I've read some reviews about it being one of the best Joker stories out there, and don't get me wrong it definitely was a fresh take on the Joker and pretty good, but it could have ended better. I don't see how the Joker actually did anything to permanently affect the Bat-family... maybe we'll see some changes in the individual fall out issues. It needs to be Wednesday already so we can get an actual discussion thread going on!
    ... it would be far easier to consider this a dream. But how can I? For in my hand... I hold the Bat-radia. And I... I am the Batman.

BANNED

I loved it. Felt like a more mature version of B:TAS.

Wish people wouldn't blame Snyder for the eventification of the arc. That was editorial.

I'm no fan of this arc – i dropped the book a while ago – but i read the bootleg out of curiosity after hearing about it here. Can't say my mind's changed, but i expect some will love it. I might come back tomorrow to discuss it when it's out there legally.

I really do detest the whole Joker-without-a-face angle though, i think it's one of the cheapest, most infantile things to happen to the character in his history. It's not scary in the least, and it's literally – and i do mean literally – incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Well Morrison fans are known to be unbearable. I tend to stay away from them because I don't want to be grouped with them because aside from the obvious poor quality of Action Comics and the Returns of Bruce Wayne, Morrison is my favourite comic book writer and if you take away the pointless "why did I bother to pay for this" zero issue, Inc is the best book of the New 52. This forum is unbearable because people have to bring up Snyder and Morrison in each of their comics.
    I dunno, I find group fans up and negatively labeling them to be more unbearable then any fan of any comic writer I've ever seen. Yet it seems to happen on this forum so frequently that there is of course, pushback. Because it's bullshit that max or someone else just tries to use other people's preferences to write off their opinion if they don't agree with it. It's nothing to do with Snyder fans, Morrison fans, or what have you. It's someone saying something that a particular group doesn't agree with, so rather then discuss all they can do is grope around in the dark and throw around some accusatory crap. It's just straight bullshit and I can't believe it happens in every single Batman thread.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Why do you keep bringing up my name when I was justified with my complaint of people trying to spoil this comic before Wednesday? Is it because I said that I was going "spoil" Inc (which happens to be the next big reveal in the Bat U)? That had nothing to do with the fans. I said that because it's the next event to be able to "spoil". But, like I've already said, I wouldn't ever spoil a comic book (or anything) for people. That's just f'ed up.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 02-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    It's someone saying something that a particular group doesn't agree with, so rather then discuss all they can do is grope around in the dark and throw around some accusatory crap. It's just straight bullshit and I can't believe it happens in every single Batman thread.
    It's pretty sad when you can't even hold a decent conversation with someone who holds a opposing viewpoint on something to your own without it devolving into pettiness, isn't it? For myself, I enjoy a good debate and you really can't have one without someone with an opposing view point. I try not to discredit someone's opinions simply because they are not my own. That's just petty and stupid IMHO.

Personally, I've no love for the bulk of Morrison's Batman work (B&R aside) and I'm pretty much middle of the road with Snyder's Batman (it's not even my favorite Bat title or even in my top ten books) so understandably I'm pretty fed up with this whole thing myself. Unfortunantly, "cheerleaders" on both sides have caused the problem and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. It's gotten to the point for me that I pretty much ignore all the hoopla, say whatever I feel I need to and then leave without debating anything at all, which is sad.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Listen up, everyone. No spoilers until this goes on sale! No hints, no teases. I'm serious.
    Here's where we were all told not to post spoilers by Captain Jim. I guess you missed this back on page 3 post #36, huh. Also I could have sworn that there are spoiler tags here that hide things from people who may not want to be spoiled. Use them in the future please.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-12-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Batman #17

This is it: The stunning conclusion to "DEATH OF THE FAMILY"!
    Who lives? Who dies? Who laughs last? Find out as Batman and The Joker face off one last time!

Full preview here.

I give Batman #17 a score of 7/10 but Death in the Family as a whole a 9/10. Joker is my favorite villain and this was one of the better Joker arcs I've read in a long time. It could have been more epic, but in the end, still very enjoyable.

I have a feeling the Riddler arc will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    I didn't do anything wrong. You could have been nicer about it though.
    Except for spoiling one of the biggest issues of the year.
    No big deal though
    It's not like we were looking forward to this issue or something
    Oh wait
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Heard spoilers. I'd rather read the Culling again. At least that story didn't try to pretend to be anything epic. At least you pretty much knew going into that story that it was a whole lot of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    My old lcs used to get a preview issue of many of the main books a week early.

I don't know if they still send such copies out,
    I was under the impression that they stopped doing this, but I'm not 100% certain.

In any case, even when they did do it, back in the day, whenever there was a big reveal issue coming up, they made a point not to send a preview.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum