Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 848
  1. #106
    Cyclops Is Right Kiryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Speaking of comixology- I'm in florida, away from home. Don't wanna go to some random comic store though, so I'm going to do comixology. How soon until it'll be up? Don't they usually get it early?
    All DC stuff goes on Comixology at 3am the morning of release. So this issue of Batman will be on comixology at 3am tonight(or tomorrow morning, technically)
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

  2. #107
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    For instance, Uncanny x-Men which I am looking forward to also leaked and has a big final page. I don't know anything about it though, and won't til tomorrow morning when I read it on my kindle. And I certainly won't know anything about Batman Inc 8. I'll be staying up til 3am tuesday night to read it the moment it gets put on comixology though, that's for sure.
    How will you ignore the cover of Inc #8 showcasing Damian's death (the one in the solicit is a variant) and the massive press release about it? Seems pretty hard to ignore.

    I'm pretty shocked that someone can be excited about Uncanny X-Men though. Now that's the shocking status quo shaking twist of the year!

  3. #108
    Cyclops Is Right Kiryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    How will you ignore the cover of Inc #8 showcasing Damian's death (the one in the solicit is a variant) and the massive press release about it? Seems pretty hard to ignore.

    I'm pretty shocked that someone can be excited about Uncanny X-Men though. Now that's the shocking status quo shaking twist of the year!
    Just not go on the forums and mute bleedingcool on my twitter for the week? That's how I roll and it seems to work. The usual people who spoil I mute. the usual places that spoil, I avoid. I don't get a newspaper and I don't check USAToday's comic spoiler headlines every week.

    Avoiding spoilers is easy. In fact, don't tell anyone, but I'm doing it right now :gasp:
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

  4. #109
    Member YMCMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goon City
    Posts
    654

    Default

    The press release for Inc 8 won't happen until its officially released anyway. If you read it as soon as its released you can avoid being spoiled pretty easily.

  5. #110
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Just not go on the forums and mute bleedingcool on my twitter for the week? That's how I roll and it seems to work. The usual people who spoil I mute. the usual places that spoil, I avoid. I don't get a newspaper and I don't check USAToday's comic spoiler headlines every week.

    Avoiding spoilers is easy. In fact, don't tell anyone, but I'm doing it right now :gasp:
    As I said, the cover for Inc will probably spoil it. The one in the solicits is a variant. They also used a variant for Inc 11. So yes you'll be spoiled by the cover itself if the hype is to be believed.

  6. #111
    Cyclops Is Right Kiryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    The press release for Inc 8 won't happen until its officially released anyway. If you read it as soon as its released you can avoid being spoiled pretty easily.
    Yeah, this. The only time I was spoiled for a comic I liked was in Batman and Robin the reveal of Oberon Sexton. Because I came to this forum before reading it myself.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

  7. #112
    Cyclops Is Right Kiryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    As I said, the cover for Inc will probably spoil it. The one in the solicits is a variant. They also used a variant for Inc 11. So yes you'll be spoiled by the cover itself if the hype is to be believed.
    But you're just talking out of your ass with nothing to back it up except incessantly screaming "WELL YEAH BUT THE COVER WILL SPOIL YOU" at me... No, it probably won't. And on the rare chance that the cover of the book is Damian being murdered or dying or surviving near death exactly like he does in the comic you will have had a point.

    I'm gonna play the safe bet and figure you don't, though.

    EDIT:

    Though I love that here, in a thread about Batman 17, which isn't even out yet, it's already come back to Morrison. Not discussing the comic, not the plot, not nothing, but even on a discussion about the comic leaking early and spoilers IN GENERAL someone still brought it back to Morrison. Maybe maxpower was trying to pass-agg me for saying I didn't like the comic and I am a fan of Morrison or maybe someone who was being a spoiler had once posted something positive about a Morrison comic to inspire it to come back to this, but aside from saying I thought it was bad(I usually find Snyder's comics bad) I didn't even vaguely hint or tease at anything that happens in this book, so hopefully it's not the case there because that'd be some misplaced aggression
    Last edited by Kiryu; 02-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

  8. #113
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Well Max's point was that it's a dick move to spoil something that hasn't come out yet when this thread so far is about discussing a preview according to our moderator.

    And I didn't use CAPS to SCREAM. I merely pointed out that if indeed Damian does die, it will be hard to ignore. DC will probably have it on the cover, especially since they haven't revealed the final cover. Even if it wasn't on the cover, this forums has ruined it.

    If anything people here have assured that it won't be grimdark awfulness.

  9. #114
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Maybe maxpower was trying to pass-agg me for saying I didn't like the comic and I am a fan of Morrison or maybe someone who was being a spoiler had once posted something positive about a Morrison comic to inspire it to come back to this, but aside from saying I thought it was bad(I usually find Snyder's comics bad) I didn't even vaguely hint or tease at anything that happens in this book, so hopefully it's not the case there because that'd be some misplaced aggression
    It wasn't you, Kiryu. You haven't spoiled anything. But, some of the "vague wording" spoilers have been coming from people who have stated at one time, or another that they are in the Morrison-camp. Don't worry, though, I'm not gonna spoil or try to spoil anything for anyone. I'm above that (again, not aimed at you. You haven't spoiled anything).

  10. #115
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    And, I get where you're comin from with the "if you don't wanna be spoiled stay away from the net.", and I agree; but, I only agree if this was the Wednesday the issue came out, or the days after (and I haven't read said issue yet). It's not something I should have to worry about two days before hand. Especially, when the mods already said "don't talk about the leak".
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 02-12-2013 at 11:36 AM.

  11. #116
    Cyclops Is Right Kiryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Well Max's point was that it's a dick move to spoil something that hasn't come out yet when this thread so far is about discussing a preview according to our moderator.

    And I didn't use CAPS to SCREAM. I merely pointed out that if indeed Damian does die, it will be hard to ignore. DC will probably have it on the cover, especially since they haven't revealed the final cover. Even if it wasn't on the cover, this forums has ruined it.

    If anything people here have assured that it won't be grimdark awfulness.
    I agree it's a dick move. But it's frustrating how the blame for anyone ever not having a positive opinion on this book gets thrown at the feet of Morrison or some imagined Morrison-Camp trying to rain on anyone who likes this books parade(I haven't even participated in these threads since this story started because apparently my open enjoyment of Grant Morrison's work makes my opinion less valuable or welcome and anything I say positive or negative gets written off as "Morrison-fan stfu)... It's so unbelievably silly and kinda petty. My dislike of this book doesn't have anything to do with my enjoyment of writers I find vastly superior... So I really don't get why every time someone posts something less then flattering about this Batman comic it has to come back to Morrison. It's very very silly and it's not at all productive for discussion or basically anything at all in life to keep pushing this "Snyderite vs Morrisonian" or whatever nonsense label it has.

    And finally, I read my comics digitally. I can skip the cover pretty easily. So, if I don't want to be spoiled, I'm not going to be.

    And, I get where you're comin from with the "if you don't wanna be spoiled stay away from the net.", and I agree; but, I only agree if this was the Wednesday the issue came out, or the days after (and I haven't read said issue yet). It's not something I should have to worry about two days before hand. Especially, when the mods already said "don't talk about the leak".
    This is true and I sympathize with you here. But at a certain point you have to let go of the way things should be/how you want them to be and deal with the realities. I know that anything I am interested in entertainment, be it comics, movies, books, anything, can be and will be spoiled. It sucks but that is the way the world is now, this forum is no exception. My point was that if you really care about spoilers there are easy steps you can take to avoid them and that if you're on this forum being spoiled at this stage in the game it's come down to this: What do you like more, posting on forums or an untainted reading experience. And if you're on this forum being spoiled, evidence points to you(hypothetical YOU of course, anyone including myself who has been frustrated by spoilers and had to adapt) valuing forum time over an unspoiled comic.

    Should you be able to have both? That'd be nice, I agree. Buuuut it sadly isn't the case, you know? Without fail whenever any comic leaks, it's talked about. CBR often does a news story about the comic being leaked.

    Edit: HAH, here it is, 6 minutes after I mentioned it! http://forums.comicbookresources.com...n-quot-17-Leak
    Last edited by Kiryu; 02-12-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

  12. #117
    Harley Licks Nite-Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,068

    Default

    Maybe this will be a good issue and not full of symbolism
    Seems like its off to the right start
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

  13. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Speaking of comixology- I'm in florida, away from home. Don't wanna go to some random comic store though, so I'm going to do comixology. How soon until it'll be up? Don't they usually get it early?
    I've never tried comixology, but if you're using an iPad, there's an APP called DC Comics (DC's ebook store). Most of time I would be able to pay and download the latest issues Tuesdays around midnight (12:05am to 12:45am PST).

  14. #119
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    I agree it's a dick move. But it's frustrating how the blame for anyone ever not having a positive opinion on this book gets thrown at the feet of Morrison or some imagined Morrison-Camp trying to rain on anyone who likes this books parade(I haven't even participated in these threads since this story started because apparently my open enjoyment of Grant Morrison's work makes my opinion less valuable or welcome and anything I say positive or negative gets written off as "Morrison-fan stfu)... It's so unbelievably silly and kinda petty. My dislike of this book doesn't have anything to do with my enjoyment of writers I find vastly superior... So I really don't get why every time someone posts something less then flattering about this Batman comic it has to come back to Morrison. It's very very silly and it's not at all productive for discussion or basically anything at all in life to keep pushing this "Snyderite vs Morrisonian" or whatever nonsense label it has.
    Well Morrison fans are known to be unbearable. I tend to stay away from them because I don't want to be grouped with them because aside from the obvious poor quality of Action Comics and the Returns of Bruce Wayne, Morrison is my favourite comic book writer and if you take away the pointless "why did I bother to pay for this" zero issue, Inc is the best book of the New 52. This forum is unbearable because people have to bring up Snyder and Morrison in each of their comics.

  15. #120
    Senior Member NinjaMic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Snyder just needs to lay off the events for a bit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •