Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Mike Carey's New BOOM! Series Is A Sure-Fire "Suicide Risk"

Writer Mike Carey spoke exclusively with CBR News about his decision to launch his ongoing "Suicide Risk" at BOOM! Studios, a story set to mine unexplored consequences of a world of super-powered people.

Full article here.

That book is THE one I am looking for!!!
    A super heroes book without the f-word classic mess. The hero will be a normal human. Not a super powered geek as we are seeing everywhere in this stoopid super heroes comic books (except the X-Men!!!! :) ).

I do not understand why Boom! is not a Premier publisher for Diamond: it really has a huge lot of various comic books for kids and older to mature readers. So, why????
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

I've often been very disappointed in Carey's work, but Lucifer is one of my all-time favorite comics so of course I'm going to check this out. Looking forward to it.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Neat. Carey is always worth a shot, interested to see where this might lead.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Neat. Carey is always worth a shot, interested to see where this might lead.
    I agree wholeheartedly. While I haven't loved everything Carey has written, it is always worth at least a look...

Retired

I've missed him ever since he left X-Men Legacy. Definitely looking forward to this. Lovely cover art.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Wow. This sounds phenomenal ! and it makes sense : start off trying to do the right thing, getting tired of fighting against impossible odds, and finally doing what you do, except, for the cop.

Yeah, I'm getting this.

Could the trigger event have something to do with SDCC ?
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Sign me up. I love the idea of regular people dealing with superhero type problems, which is why I haven't stopped hoping Powers will someday come back to releasing more than 1-2 issues a year.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Could the trigger event have something to do with SDCC ?
    Tie in with Fanboys vs Zombies?

Carey says they've got 12 issues planned, we'll see if it goes further than that per BOOM's usual run of "ongoings".

Like a2, I liked Carey a lot on X-Men Legacy, that's why I did read this article. Now let's hope mey comic book store does sell Boom! Comics as well, so I can pre-order....
    We have a new King...!

I now pre-ordered this at my comic shop (or do you say Comic store?). I forgot the 1st release date though. It must be quite soon now.
    We have a new King...!