Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

I'm not going to read all the responses before mine but I Won AvX, it was me I did it all by myself

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Both Breevort and Gillen have flat out stated the world would have been destroyed by the Phoenix had the Avengers not intervened, so I think they can justify chalking that up as a check in the win column.
    I'd wager all my worldly possessions, that had the avengers not stepped in, earth would still be around after AvX concluded.
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I'm not going to read all the responses before mine but I Won AvX, it was me I did it all by myself
    "Don't you dare turn this into a win!"
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    That is an outright lie, post a quote or apologize
    Ah no it's not. I also stated two books were Tony talked about his plan and even Cyclops believed him and Tony ran test on him. Why would cyclops do that? I'm not going back and find every post you've contradicted yourself on. LOL! There isn't enough time in the world and I find it extremely funny that you of all people want an apology after I've seen the way you talk to and treat people here.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah in UXM 17 Emma Frost talks with the Phoenix and it says it's here for a reason.
    Honestly I think that conversation with Emma was a bit on the vague side as far as supporting the notion that it was there to repower mutants. It didn't say a whole lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uncanny X-Men-Zone-014.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	108485

I guess you COULD interpret that to say the Phoenix was there to restore mutants. But it's vague to the point where you can interpret that to say a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Ah no it's not. I also stated two books were Tony talked about his plan and even Cyclops believed him and Tony ran test on him. Why would cyclops do that? I'm not going back and find every post you've contradicted yourself on. LOL! There isn't enough time in the world and I find it extremely funny that you of all people want an apology after I've seen the way you talk to and treat people here.
    I don't doubnt that Tony said hge had a plan, that is in the book, but There is nothing but the word of a known liar to back up the idea that it was the truth. Stark saying he had a plan just means that he said it, not that he had a plan.

Tony is a good liar And Cyke realy didn't care that much.

And I will ask once one is there anything but Stark's words that indicate that he had a plan? His word is worthless
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Honestly I think that conversation with Emma was a bit on the vague side as far as supporting the notion that it was there to repower mutants. It didn't say a whole lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uncanny X-Men-Zone-014.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	108485

I guess you COULD interpret that to say the Phoenix was there to restore mutants. But it's vague to the point where you can interpret that to say a lot of things.
    Seems pretty clear to me. Besides, it's here for A reason and after AvX we find out it was to restore mutants. That's it.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Seems pretty clear to me. Besides, it's here for A reason and after AvX we find out it was to restore mutants. That's it.
    The thing is, it was Emma that said it was there for a reason. And while it did restore mutants under Hope, it also tried destroying humanity under Cyclops.

I guess my overall point is that maybe it's not JUST one thing or the other... maybe it's potentially BOTH (like the books essentially tell us).

You got tony basically saying it came to fix Wanda mess than you also have the Emma frost conversation with the Phoenix. Scott went dark Phoenix when he was provoked by the Avengers and the X men. The reason why the Phoenix came was to restore mutant kind not to destroy earth.

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    You got tony basically saying it came to fix Wanda mess than you also have the Emma frost conversation with the Phoenix. Scott went dark Phoenix when he was provoked by the Avengers and the X men. The reason why the Phoenix came was to restore mutant kind not to destroy earth.
    Sure. And you've got Unit saying it too. I'm not arguing that it's there solely to destroy the earth (like it did every other planet in it's path towards earth... which I still say was a dick move). I'm just saying that given the dual nature of the Phoenix, it could be a creator or a destroyer dependent on the host. IMO at least, to argue it's entirely JUST one or the other requires one to selectively ignore aspects of the story. There's PLENTY of evidence to support both sides of it.

The thing is, it was Emma that said it was there for a reason. And while it did restore mutants under Hope, it also tried destroying humanity under Cyclops.

I guess my overall point is that maybe it's not JUST one thing or the other... maybe it's potentially BOTH (like the books essentially tell us).
    Yeah, and the Phoenix agreed. I can see why you could argue that it was potentially both, but the Phoenix has been on Earth tons of times and it never destroyed it (or attempted to). The only time it has ever been a threat was when it had been manipulated for quite a while (Jean Grey) or when it was attacked over and over (Cyclops).

Honestly, there's no point in arguing about this. Comic books have plot holes, and AvX is an event that was poorly planned. You can tell how the plot changes throughout the event, from the .1 to X-Sanction to the tie-ins to the actual event. Like you said there's evidence for both sides, that is a result from the poor editing and planning.

"Don't you dare turn this into a win!"
    And why not? That shit was hard

Quote Originally Posted by kakitamike View Post
    I'd wager all my worldly possessions, that had the avengers not stepped in, earth would still be around after AvX concluded.
    Easy bet to make sense it can never be proven being fictional and all.

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Whch it could not do without a host and the intended one was Hope and she could not do it. If it went onto someone else after giving up on her we will never know.