Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The idea of an evil Wonder Woman

Months ago, I mentioned the Wonder Woman 2011 pilot. Although, her personality on the pilot was NOTHING like the WW in comics, the idea of a rogue Wonder Woman seems like a cool idea. I know it wasn't their intention, but I kinda like the idea of a stuck-up WW who thinks she is above the law and violently kills bad guys. What if the pilot purposely went into that direction?

What do you guys think?

edit: What if they made a TV series out of it?
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 02-10-2013 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

Princess Zarda in JMS's Supreme Power.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Been done:

There's a Superwoman on Earth 3 that fits that model.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    Been done:

While she was definitely rougher on the Boston crime families she never killed anyone (except the Black Magician who became a demon).
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

I think she's better off being a really, really nice woman.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I dunno about evil, but I would really enjoy a TV show based on the Wonder Woman from ASBAR.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Well, if she is evil, maybe she can kill Superman.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Because Amazons are not allowed to be good people in nuDC, and we're told by Booster Gold that the Superman/Wonder Woman romance portends something awful, I expect Wonder Woman to be made into a villain relatively soon. She seems like a loose cannon in Justice League. I don't think DC editorial is done wrecking her.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Because Amazons are not allowed to be good people in nuDC, and we're told by Booster Gold that the Superman/Wonder Woman romance portends something awful, I expect Wonder Woman to be made into a villain relatively soon. She seems like a loose cannon in Justice League. I don't think DC editorial is done wrecking her.
    You've been expecting Wonder Woman to be made into a villain really, really soon for over a year now.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Evil versions of heroes are kind of overrated, IMO.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    You've been expecting Wonder Woman to be made into a villain really, really soon for over a year now.
    At Azzarello's pace, that's still a current prediction, of course.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Didn't it come to pass in that Flashpoint thing? (Along with the most horrible WW costume ever)

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    Months ago, I mentioned the Wonder Woman 2011 pilot. Although, her personality on the pilot was NOTHING like the WW in comics, the idea of a rogue Wonder Woman seems like a cool idea. I know it wasn't their intention, but I kinda like the idea of a stuck-up WW who thinks she is above the law and violently kills bad guys. What if the pilot purposely went into that direction?

What do you guys think?
    Irony... too stong....

...can't...

...RESIST.....

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

The curious one.

I think turning heroes into irredeemable villains is more of a marvel thing. But we have seen evil or at least overly agressive Wonder Woman's in the past. In the JL animated series the Wonder Woman of the Justice Lords (What ever happened to them?) could qualify.