Default John Reese (Person of Interest) Runs the gauntlet *Nods to EON001

Seeing how we've decided that John stomps Dexter, I figured we'd find out how tough the guy really his.

River Tam (Serenity)
    Bryan Mills (Taken)
    Catwoman (DKR)
    Batman (Bale)
    Black Widow (Avengers)
    Sherlock Holmes (RDJ)
    Jason Bourne
    Bane (DKR)
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

Weird setup as River is above Mills. I can see Reese beating Mills as Reese has some pretty decent damage soak compared to Mills. After that...
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Weird setup as River is above Mills. I can see Reese beating Mills as Reese has some pretty decent damage soak compared to Mills. After that...
    Wasn't sure about that to be honest. Who is the toughest person you could see Reese beating?
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

Can Reese do well against Black Widow?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigma Rex View Post
    Seeing how we've decided that John stomps Dexter, I figured we'd find out how tough the guy really his.

River Tam (Serenity)
    Bryan Mills (Taken)
    Catwoman (DKR)
    Batman (Bale)
    Black Widow (Avengers)
    Sherlock Holmes (RDJ)
    Jason Bourne
    Bane (DKR)
    Haha Thanks for the shout out. :)

With prep and Finch as backup, I think Mr Reese would put a whooping on most of that list.

River Tam (Serenity) - She is unpredictable, so that's a hard one to judge. If she space's out and goes super fung fu on Reese, she's kind of unstoppable. We saw what she done to the reavers in the Firefly movie. Advantage River Tam

Bryan Mills (Taken) - I could see a dead lock with Bryan Mills in regards to combat skills. Finch would have to dig up some weaknesses, emotional or physical, which could be done. Advantage Reese

Catwoman (DKR) - Reese would kick her ass, But but she would end up running. He couldn't catch her. She's got that free running advantage. But Finch has her got whole life on a hard drive. He'd track her down and off her while she sleeps. Advantage Reese

Batman (Bale) Tough one. Combat skills go to Batman hands down imo. But his lack of wiliness to use a gun could be his down fall. Reese has no problems with guns, BUT batman defends against gun toting villains on a daily basis. This one is going to come down to Finch and the machine. Can the machine figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman? I think it definitely could, leaving batman at a disadvantage like in the DKR. Reese would lose a one on one battle, but would ultimately win the war, when he outs him and leaves his life in ruins.

Black Widow- I actually give her the fighting advantage. Reese would need another assist from Finch, But Widow has shield. Shield has a ton more resources. Not just computer tech but foot solders weapons etc. Advantage Black Widow

Sherlock Holmes (RDJ) Holmes can scrap, but his fighting style is outdated compared to Reese, modern combat techniques. Advantage Reese

Jason Bourne - Bourne is basically an emotionally unstable Reese. I'd say there matched for fighting skills. But Reese would take advantage of Bournes fractured psyche. Finch probably has every bit of data on treadstone and Bournes life. Advantage Reese.
    Bane (DKR) - Bane would probably put a beating on him tbh. And the machine would have little to no information on him due to the fact that he's been living in a whole most his life. Advantage Bane.

Can't believe how much of a nerd I am. spent over half an hour putting this breakdown together and enjoyed every minute of it. lol

There's no way that Reese beats Bourne, that guy is a beast.
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

On that list, River Tam is SO FAR above everyone else, it's hilarious. Seriously. (I love you, Summer Glau...)

Anyways, I'd say..

He ties with Bryan Mills. Beats Holmes, and Bale (no suit) and completely mollywhops Catwoman.

But he loses to Black Widow, Bane and Bourne.

Oh, and if you take out PIS and all that, he should take out Jack Bauer with some work, but will take it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Oh, and if you take out PIS and all that, he should take out Jack Bauer with some work, but will take it in the end.
    IDK. Bauer is very skilled in H2H combat. He snaps people's necks like twigs, even with his feet while he's handcuffed. He also put a trained soldier to the ground and tackled him while handcuffed, shot, and stabbed 3 times in the abdomen. IDK if Reese can handle him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    On that list, River Tam is SO FAR above everyone else, it's hilarious. Seriously. (I love you, Summer Glau...)
    I'd be curious why. Her one good fight involved weapons, against the Reavers. In the bar scene, she takes hits from nobodies. Mal one-shots her. And she doesn't come with guns as standard equipment.

Don't get me wrong, she's quite good in straight hand to hand, but putting her above Bourne, for example, doesn't work for me.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
    Haha Thanks for the shout out. :)

With prep and Finch as backup, I think Mr Reese would put a whooping on most of that list.

River Tam (Serenity) - She is unpredictable, so that's a hard one to judge. If she space's out and goes super fung fu on Reese, she's kind of unstoppable. We saw what she done to the reavers in the Firefly movie. Advantage River Tam

Bryan Mills (Taken) - I could see a dead lock with Bryan Mills in regards to combat skills. Finch would have to dig up some weaknesses, emotional or physical, which could be done. Advantage Reese

Catwoman (DKR) - Reese would kick her ass, But but she would end up running. He couldn't catch her. She's got that free running advantage. But Finch has her got whole life on a hard drive. He'd track her down and off her while she sleeps. Advantage Reese

Batman (Bale) Tough one. Combat skills go to Batman hands down imo. But his lack of wiliness to use a gun could be his down fall. Reese has no problems with guns, BUT batman defends against gun toting villains on a daily basis. This one is going to come down to Finch and the machine. Can the machine figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman? I think it definitely could, leaving batman at a disadvantage like in the DKR. Reese would lose a one on one battle, but would ultimately win the war, when he outs him and leaves his life in ruins.

Black Widow- I actually give her the fighting advantage. Reese would need another assist from Finch, But Widow has shield. Shield has a ton more resources. Not just computer tech but foot solders weapons etc. Advantage Black Widow

Sherlock Holmes (RDJ) Holmes can scrap, but his fighting style is outdated compared to Reese, modern combat techniques. Advantage Reese

Jason Bourne - Bourne is basically an emotionally unstable Reese. I'd say there matched for fighting skills. But Reese would take advantage of Bournes fractured psyche. Finch probably has every bit of data on treadstone and Bournes life. Advantage Reese.
    Bane (DKR) - Bane would probably put a beating on him tbh. And the machine would have little to no information on him due to the fact that he's been living in a whole most his life. Advantage Bane.

Can't believe how much of a nerd I am. spent over half an hour putting this breakdown together and enjoyed every minute of it. lol
    Bad news for you, EON - for most of those fights, you wasted your time, because:

A) neither side gets to use their rolodex or facebook friends list in a Rumbles fight unless otherwise stated by the OP - Widow doesn't get to use SHIELD, Reese doesn't get to use Finch ;

B) you can't really run away in a Rumble, since you are trapped in the Khazan Arena and running = losing;

C) nobody sleeps, nobody gets to engage in psychological warfare, there is no tracking to do, and you sure as hell can't out anyone's secret ID.

D) There is no prep unless the OP allows it - and he didn't.

In a Rumble, Bale Batman ANNIHILATES TDKR Bane, for example. BaleMan doesn't just forget that he's armed with 50 weapons capable of one-shotting the luchero as standard equipment.

As for the specific choices - if you think that Reece is equal to Bryan Mills in combat, how the hell is he lasting longer than 2 seconds against Jason Bourne, who is drastically better in every possible way than Mills? Drastically. He's better with his hands, better with a hand weapon, and better with a firearm. It's not at all close. And if he DOES get hit, he soaks up damage that would kill Mills and walks it off.