Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    And who could play Shazam/Cap. Marvel?
    Holy Moley, how about Brandon Molale?!?!?

BANNED

Now that I think about it, Bogdanove and Mahnke are serious contenders too.

AAAGGHHHH my head spins at all the choices!!!

I couldn't pick a favorite \S/ artist at gun point to save Aquacatlungfish's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    Holy Moley, how about Brandon Molale?!?!?

Good choice! Him and the kid from Diary Of A Wimpy Kid as Billy Batson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    Good choice! Him and the kid from Diary Of A Wimpy Kid as Billy Batson.

Attn. Hollywood, we did all the hard work now the rest is up to you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    Curt Swan or Gary Frank.

I hate that artist...So much...
    I don't hate him, he has talent but I think like Alex Ross, Quitely is massively overrated.

José Luis García-López gets my vote, btw. If only he got to have the longevity on the character that Swan was afforded. A dark horse contender for me would be Tom Grummett. Incredibly underrated Superman artist in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-10-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Now that I think about it, Bogdanove and Mahnke are serious contenders too.

AAAGGHHHH my head spins at all the choices!!!

I couldn't pick a favorite \S/ artist at gun point to save Aquacatlungfish's life.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOS046.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	108408

Different strokes, I guess. I always hated Bogdanove's disproportional bodies and constipated, teeth-gritting faces. He was really bad at drawing hair, too. I remember back in the day when Supes had four monthly titles and would routinely do crossovers. Because of Bogdanove, Superman: The Man of Steel was always the worst of the four titles and a real choir for me to get through, but I'd make myself read it anyway just to get the complete story.

Dan Jurgens has always been my favorite Superman artist. Even his New 52 stuff was really good and shows he's still got a flair for the character after all these years.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; 02-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Different strokes, I guess. I always hated Bogdanove's disproportional bodies and constipated, teeth-gritting faces. He was really bad at drawing hair, too. I remember back in the day when Supes had four monthly titles and would routinely do crossovers. Because of Bogdanove, Superman: The Man of Steel was always the worst of the four titles and a real choir for me to get through, but I'd make myself read it anyway just to get the complete story.

Dan Jurgens has always been my favorite Superman artist. Even his New 52 stuff was really good and shows he's still got a flair for the character after all these years.
    I'll grant you Bog's teeth were a bit much but the hair was wild! IMnsHO, he drew the best mullet. I was always keen on his cartoonish design, especially when he'd channel his inner Shuster, but as you say different strokes.

Jurgens was a fav back in his legion days but he got really stiff by the 90's for my tastes. During the triangle Era, my favs were Bog and Grummet, then Jurgens and least of all was that guy on Action. Action Comics was to me what Man of Steel was to you, so I can totally relate to struggling through the triangle era like that.

Amen, brother, good times.

The best Superman artist is the underrated Rob Liefeld:

Joking aside, my choice is Gil Kane:

Last edited by the Sun God; 02-10-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Alex Ross followed by Gary Frank IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOS046.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	108408

Different strokes, I guess. I always hated Bogdanove's disproportional bodies and constipated, teeth-gritting faces.
    You really went out of your way to find the most extreme, out of the ordinary, contorted-with-anger example of Bog's Superman out there to try and support your point.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    You really went out of your way to find the most extreme, out of the ordinary, contorted-with-anger example of Bog's Superman out there to try and support your point.
    Bog is as legit cartoonist, and an excellent artist.

Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

I'm Right, You're Wrong King Krypton's Avatar

Toughest choice for me to make. There are so many great artists who've done the character...and so many utter hacks who should never have been allowed anywhere near him. Pinning it down to one guy who does it better than anyone else is unbelievably hard.

But if I had to choose one guy who does the best Superman of the whole bunch, that honor has to go to one of the best all-around artists DC ever had, the great Tom Grummett:

For me, it doesn't get better than this. (And as an added bonus, I own the Fleischer Superman art he did.)
    Last edited by King Krypton; 02-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Either Curt Swan or whoever did the model sheet for the Fleischer Studios animated version (that strikes me as something I should know, any help?)

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    No I didn't. It's one of the first hideous Bog images that popped up when I did a Google search on his Superman. Wasn't hard to find at all.

I'll grant you Bog's teeth were a bit much but the hair was wild! IMnsHO, he drew the best mullet. I was always keen on his cartoonish design, especially when he'd channel his inner Shuster, but as you say different strokes.

Jurgens was a fav back in his legion days but he got really stiff by the 90's for my tastes. During the triangle Era, my favs were Bog and Grummet, then Jurgens and least of all was that guy on Action. Action Comics was to me what Man of Steel was to you, so I can totally relate to struggling through the triangle era like that.

Amen, brother, good times.
    I think you mean either Bob McLeod or Jackson Guice. Both of them were pretty middle of the road to me. Nothing spectacular. The best part of Action anyway was having Roger Stern as the writer. And yes, good times indeed!!!
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; 02-10-2013 at 05:15 PM.