Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

CGI is fine in live action if you're doing Hulk or a Spidey swinging scene, but for an unmasked human hero? No thanks. I'd happily watch a CGI Wonder Woman cartoon, a'la GL/Beware Batman, though.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

That's not a very good argument. So because people can't agree on looks, then they could resort to CGI? How does that solve the problem? Now there is debate on what the cgi model looks like. The point of live action is to put live actor sin the role unless it is a case where it's just not feasible.

There are way too many talented actresses would do a fantastic job in this role.To have a cgi WW,would be complete BS.WB needs to get a script together,have confidence in their characters that they will succeed, and make the gd movie already.
    $#!T or get off the pot already.

With the technology that we have today towards image rendering hell yes CGI Wonder Woman, but for the right reasons. Physical beauty aside, you're talking about finding a woman who is gorgeous, 6'0ft curvy muscular lean build. That's not gonna happen within the Hollywood stable of actresses, gorgeous sure but the later traits hell no. They don't need to write her kissing or having sex with a real actor so a lot of the awkward script stuff could be left out. Hell look at the DC Online intro movie, That was done back in what 2007? She looked fantastic and the everything about her including the emotion she displayed looked spot on. I've seen demonstrations with ps3 tech that had faces looking absolutely real.
    Last edited by Kage Kisaragi; 02-26-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    With the technology that we have today towards image rendering hell yes CGI Wonder Woman, but for the right reasons. Physical beauty aside, you're talking about finding a woman who is gorgeous, 6'0ft curvy muscular lean build. That's not gonna happen within the Hollywood stable of actresses, gorgeous sure but the later traits hell no. They don't need to write her kissing or having sex with a real actor so a lot of the awkward script stuff could be left out. Hell look at the DC Online intro movie, That was done back in what 2007? She looked fantastic and the everything about her including the emotion she displayed looked spot on. I've seen demonstrations with ps3 tech that had faces looking absolutely real.
    Having a CGI actress within an otherwise non-CGI movie would continuously take me out of the movie/story as I'm watching it. It would be too distracting trying to find flaws or admire the tech as I'm seeing it. If they showed paradise island, would they CGI the other Amazons as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Having a CGI actress within an otherwise non-CGI movie would continuously take me out of the movie/story as I'm watching it. It would be too distracting trying to find flaws or admire the tech as I'm seeing it. If they showed paradise island, would they CGI the other Amazons as well?
    What if you didn't even know? Supposing they create a artificial background for this make believe actress and it wasn't until after the first week of reviews and box-office returns they reviled she was actual a Lara Croft? I could see them doing this just to experiment with peoples initial reactions. It would be great publicity.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

What if you didn't even know? Supposing they create a artificial background for this make believe actress and it wasn't until after the first week of reviews and box-office returns they reviled she was actual a Lara Croft? I could see them doing this just to experiment with peoples initial reactions. It would be great publicity.
    Because technology has not gone that far yet. CGi is not perfected, and it will not be perfect for quite some time. You would always know

Yeah, at this point that's still pure science fiction. Technnology is probably decades removed from where that would be not only possible but affordable as well.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."