Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    108

    Default Would you accept a CGI Wonder Woman in a Featured Film?

    Bleedingcool.com suggests that a X-Men character maybe CGI. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...acter-but-who/

    Maybe it would be a good idea to make Wonder Woman from a computer generated image for a major motion picture since everyone have different opinions on what actress should play her? Also having an accomplished actress like ashley judd, Catherine Zeta Jones to do her voice would be a plus.

  2. #2
    The Mad Artist RMAN63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bermuda Triangle
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asmith161718 View Post
    Bleedingcool.com suggests that a X-Men character maybe CGI. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...acter-but-who/

    Maybe it would be a good idea to make Wonder Woman from a computer generated image for a major motion picture since everyone have different opinions on what actress should play her? Also having an accomplished actress like ashley judd, Catherine Zeta Jones to do her voice would be a plus.
    As long as the CGI is of a realistic nature yes. I'd love it. I'm not too fond of cartoonish looking CGI. As far as the voice, I don't really care.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    No. It's more fun, if there is a true woman behind it. She is too iconic. That may the same argument for anybody who would vote for CGI because nobody could be that perfect. But true flesh and bones give a better human touch and a lot more controversity (than can be fun, too!)

  4. #4

    Default

    It would suck. If they need a X-Man to be CGI it will probably be someone like Sunspot. Hulk was CGI too, IIRC.

  5. #5
    The Mad Artist RMAN63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bermuda Triangle
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    It would suck. If they need a X-Man to be CGI it will probably be someone like Sunspot. Hulk was CGI too, IIRC.
    Oh.. I was under the impression that the whole film would be CGI, like Shrek. If they mean live-action and ONLY Wonder Woman being CGI then no.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Don-Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,212

    Default

    Err, no. If the entire movie was CGI, it would be okay, of course (DC should do something like that)
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

  7. #7
    The Mad Artist RMAN63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bermuda Triangle
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Err, no. If the entire movie was CGI, it would be okay, of course (DC should do something like that)
    If they haven't done it with all the hooplah around Azzarello's version they probably won't. It's plain and simple. There is no faith on their end that they'd make $$$ which ultimately is why a project hasn't been done.

  8. #8
    The Mad Artist RMAN63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bermuda Triangle
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    What is it with these DOUBLE POSTS?!?! Is it just me, or is CBR like majorly slow typically!?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Oh.. I was under the impression that the whole film would be CGI, like Shrek. If they mean live-action and ONLY Wonder Woman being CGI then no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Err, no. If the entire movie was CGI, it would be okay, of course (DC should do something like that)
    A CGI animated film/series would be pretty good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    If they haven't done it with all the hooplah around Azzarello's version they probably won't. It's plain and simple. There is no faith on their end that they'd make $$$ which ultimately is why a project hasn't been done.
    That's probably not true. GL TAS and Young Justice got cancelled and they are both shows with high ratings and acclaim. GL is still a very solid property even after the live-action movie.

  10. #10
    The Mad Artist RMAN63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bermuda Triangle
    Posts
    3,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    A CGI animated film/series would be pretty good.



    That's probably not true. GL TAS and Young Justice got cancelled and they are both shows with high ratings and acclaim. GL is still a very solid property even after the live-action movie.
    But that's the whole point! When was the last time Wonder Woman had her own show? 39 years ago. When was her last live-action movie in theatres (or appearance in a movie)? Never.

    Why?

    It's all about casheroolah investment and what they 'think' their return would be.

  11. #11
    Senior Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    For the character to be expressive they'd need someone to mo-cap but at that point they may as well just use the actress. WW's powers aren't too crazy either, so they don't really need the CGI.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Arvandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Hell yes.

    One of my first thoughts when watching the following vid (besides mega awesome) is how it could easily be Wonder Woman vs Circe.

    Last edited by Arvandor; 02-10-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

  13. #13
    They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    I'd rather have an excellent animated or CGI Wonder Woman film than I would a poor live action one. And generally, I'd rather DC stuck with the excellent animated features it knows how to make rather than make a bunch of non-Batman live action features it tends to do poorly with. The 2009 Wonder Woman animated DVD feature was pretty good; while the last live action feature with a female DC character lead was Catwoman.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

  14. #14
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    17,032

    Default

    I disagree big-time.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  15. #15
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    No CGI Wonder Woman, I can see it working in X-Men easily cause there's mystique, Nightcrawler,beast, iceman, all sorts of people that are fully covered and could use cgi a cgi person always looks to cartoony unless the entire film is cgi

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •