Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Long live the Knight!

So, seeing that the Knight got killed and used as a bludgeoning weapon recently, in front of his sidekick Squire, how long do you think it'll be until she becomes the new Knight? I'm excited for it.

This is mostly a thread because I saw someone say that Knight died for no reason, when all Morrison's stories about the Knight were more focused on the Squire and it's pretty clear where it's going. Where would you like her to end up? A mini? A team book? JLI revival? I would say Teen Titans but... no.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

I love Knight and Squire so I was pretty damn sad when The Knight was killed. But I can definitely see Squire taking up the Knight mantle. It would be so great to get a mini series of the new Knight.

This thread is probably a pretty enormous spoiler to people who have been avoiding reading Inc and waiting for trades.

I'm pretty sad about the Knight's death. I guess it'd be nice to see Squire become the new Knight, but I imagine that's a transition that would take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by csis View Post
    This thread is probably a pretty enormous spoiler to people who have been avoiding reading Inc and waiting for trades.

I'm pretty sad about the Knight's death. I guess it'd be nice to see Squire become the new Knight, but I imagine that's a transition that would take some time.
    It didn't occur to me that people who liked the Knight wouldn't be reading Inc... maybe a mod can add "spoilers" to the title?

I think we'll see it before Inc. wraps up, actually. Beryl will be rather pissed off at Leviathan.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Such a frickin waste of a character...

Hopefully something good happens to Squire and it would be interesting to see her take over as Knight, but if it doesn't, then what was the whole point?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Such a frickin waste of a character...

Hopefully something good happens to Squire and it would be interesting to see her take over as Knight, but if it doesn't, then what was the whole point?
    Squire is now a sidekick without a hero and there are hints that Batman may soon be a hero without a sidekick. Could that be the point?

Na.........

Or there is a former Batgirl who was last seen in London

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebow View Post
    Squire is now a sidekick without a hero and there are hints that Batman may soon be a hero without a sidekick. Could that be the point?
    If that's Morrison's plan to put these two together for a team up... that would be rather stupid, especially killing off two beloved characters when there could be a much better reason for Batman and Squire to team up for a while.

If that's Morrison's plan to put these two together for a team up... that would be rather stupid, especially killing off two beloved characters when there could be a much better reason for Batman and Squire to team up for a while.
    The reason Knight was killed off could be that Damian is going to be. Naturally Bruce Wayne is going to be emotionally affected by this, maybe to the extent of giving up being Batman and certainly vowing never to have another young sidekick. For whatever reason Bruce is in London and encounters Squire who is similarly affected and the pair of them get involved in a case, the solving of which renews their desire to carry on and be crimefighters.

The reason Knight was killed off could be that Damian is going to be. Naturally Bruce Wayne is going to be emotionally affected by this, maybe to the extent of giving up being Batman and certainly vowing never to have another young sidekick. For whatever reason Bruce is in London and encounters Squire who is similarly affected and the pair of them get involved in a case, the solving of which renews their desire to carry on and be crimefighters.
    This sounds strangely familiar, like it was done before in a previous story.

This sounds strangely familiar, like it was done before in a previous story.
    Possibly it is as there are only so many plots, but I was not thinking of any particular story when I had the idea and it would explain a character such as Knight dying unexpectedly. it would show a considerable amount of forward plotting that is only possible when a writer has complete control of the characters and is not subject to editorial mandates.

grubby and tasteless StopRightThere's Avatar

You could be onto something here. Maybe there's an outside chance that the talk of Harper Row becoming the next Robin is a red herring and it's actually going to be Beryl who takes up the mantle. Beryl would make more sense than Harper, as she's more experienced and someone like her becoming Robin wouldn't feel shoehorned in.

She would be the first non-American Robin (Damian would have gotten automatic US citizenship as a result of having an American father, so he doesn't count.) Also, a fresh start in the US coupled with a new crimefighter ID might be just the ticket to help her overcome her grief at losing Knight. And of course, as you stated, there's a mention in one of the solicits of Bruce meeting up with someone from his past who gives him the impetus to carry on. It seems oddly convenient that Batman might be losing Damian shortly after Squire loses Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by StopRightThere View Post
    You could be onto something here. Maybe there's an outside chance that the talk of Harper Row becoming the next Robin is a red herring and it's actually going to be Beryl who takes up the mantle. Beryl would make more sense than Harper, as she's more experienced and someone like her becoming Robin wouldn't feel shoehorned in.

She would be the first non-American Robin (Damian would have gotten automatic US citizenship as a result of having an American father, so he doesn't count.) Also, a fresh start in the US coupled with a new crimefighter ID might be just the ticket to help her overcome her grief at losing Knight. And of course, as you stated, there's a mention in one of the solicits of Bruce meeting up with someone from his past who gives him the impetus to carry on. It seems oddly convenient that Batman might be losing Damian shortly after Squire loses Knight.
    I was thinking of that that particular adventure as opening up Bruce to the idea of a future Robin, but your idea could work very well and include showing Beryl adjusting to life in Gotham City. I hope they wouldn't over use the culture clash jokes though and Beryl would be a fellow Brit for Alfred to talk to, they could even gang up on Bruce. Her presence could also be explained as her being a member of Alfred's family
    Last edited by Bluebow; 02-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.

If Beryl became the new Robin, I'd bite. It could be an interesting story to tell.

I just hope they don't forget that there have been two female Robins prior in their publishing history. I know they love to ignore Stephanie Brown, but I always see that as a missed opportunity.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.