View Poll Results: Who Was Worst Robin

Voters
98. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Dick Grayson

2 2.04%
  • Jason Todd

19 19.39%
  • Tim Drake

7 7.14%
  • Stephanie Brown

20 20.41%
  • Helena Wayne

9 9.18%
  • Damian Wayne

9 9.18%
  • Carrie Kelly

10 10.20%
  • Robin the Toy Wonder

4 4.08%
  • Other

0 0%
  • I don't hate any of them...

18 18.37%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Well I think the public is correct in this matter.

Tim Drake made Robin work for me because he had more in common with Spider-Man than Dick Grayson as Robin.

Everyone knows the worst Robin is obviously Chris O' Donell! Just kidding, it's Joseph Gordon Levitt! Just kidding. To be honest, I never liked Tim Drake as Robin so....
    "Saga is like Star Wars in space!"
    -Machinima

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

To be honest, I'm just impressed by how well they conform to the Breakfast Club archetypes. Steph is a bit of a reach as the basket case; but Dick is clearly the jock, Tim the brain, Damian is most definitely the princess, and Jason is obviously the criminal.

...man, now I really want to see that classic movie poster redone with the Robins.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

That sounds more like a modern writing issue versus golden aged writing issue rather than a character specific complaint to me Holmes.

Have you read Chuck Dixon's take on Dick as Robin? It's modern story telling but it keeps the same devil may care attitude that makes Dick Grayson so great.

Who or what the hell is Robin the Toy Wonder?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Helena Wayne is just a waste in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Who or what the hell is Robin the Toy Wonder?
    He was the side kick to the Batman of the 853rd Century in the DC One Million event.

He has always reminded me of Burt Ward's take on Dick.

Carrie Kelly is the Robin I like the least. Don't know whether she's the worst but one of the reasons I couldn't finish reading The Dark Knight Returns is her. Just can't stand her characterization.

And IF DC's making Harper Row the next Robin, she may as well be my second least favourite. (I like her when she's not Robin, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well I think the public is correct in this matter.

Tim Drake made Robin work for me because he had more in common with Spider-Man than Dick Grayson as Robin.
    Pretty much. I'll always see Tim as the Peter Parker of the DC universe, despite DC's vain attempts to make him the dark and gritty Batman Jr.

And I'm not voting for anyone, I love all the Robins equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I vote Dick Grayson.

He's the reason why Robin is a joke in the public.
    To be fair, he was also a big factor in keeping Batman relevant many, many decades ago. You're right that the public doesn't take Robin seriously though. Much of that is because once upon a time Batman wasn't meant to be taken as seriously as he has been post-Miller.

Not that I'm complaining, as I much prefer Nolan's Batman to the Adam West version of the 60's; so if that mean no Robin, then I can deal with it. But it would be cool to see Robin in a decent Batman movie. Or at least Nightwing.

My vote goes to Jason Todd, but I'm only factoring in his time as Robin, not as the Red Hood.

I like them all!

Stephanie Brown
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This. I don't see any potential in this character and can only picture stories set in her past as Robin as being mind numbingly boring. Every other Robin has or had some potential to be a great character as Robin.
    This.

Was she supposed to be a former Robin pre-crisis as well?
    I think on E2, Dick was still Robin and continued to be Robin into adulthood.
    ...Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This. I don't see any potential in this character and can only picture stories set in her past as Robin as being mind numbingly boring. Every other Robin has or had some potential to be a great character as Robin. Was she supposed to be a former Robin pre-crisis as well?
    Really? I loved the flash back to her first night as Robin with her Mom in World's Finest. I'd gladly pay for a book set in that universe with her as Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Stephanie Brown

Gotta agree there. Not the worst Robin by what she did and stuff but in terms of the adding something to the Robin mythos....she didn't do anything except having big hair.