Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I hope Rogue kills Wanda between issues of UA. In cold blood, dropping a toaster in the bath.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    While I'm not a fan of the more histrionic take on the Uncanny Avengers, the message Marvel's sending with them is really kind of icky. The symbol of America deigns to take notice of the problems of an oppressed minority and decides he's going to Fix Everything? Nothing the oppressed minority did to try and better their situation worked until the Man decided he was going to help out? I try not to overthink comics, but it's thoroughly tone-deaf. (Mind you, I was willing to give the book an arc anyway until Wanda's "So I committed genocide, so what?" speech in issue 1, at which point I opted to vote with my wallet.)
    But at the same time, such a commentary on 'Murica's take on social progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I hope Rogue kills Wanda between issues of UA. In cold blood, dropping a toaster in the bath.

But at the same time, such a commentary on 'Murica's take on social progress.
    Hah, you know, if I could convince myself that Remender was approaching it in that way and that the crummy message was there to be subverted, I might actually start buying the book again.

While I'm not a fan of the more histrionic take on the Uncanny Avengers, the message Marvel's sending with them is really kind of icky. The symbol of America deigns to take notice of the problems of an oppressed minority and decides he's going to Fix Everything? Nothing the oppressed minority did to try and better their situation worked until the Man decided he was going to help out? I try not to overthink comics, but it's thoroughly tone-deaf. (Mind you, I was willing to give the book an arc anyway until Wanda's "So I committed genocide, so what?" speech in issue 1, at which point I opted to vote with my wallet.)
    Well, you know what they say...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post

Lulz, you can draw a better Nu-Beast than most of the current artists Marvel has employed. Go Leirus.

Love it! :)

Oh my God...

It's too perfect.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    This thread is showing an interesting turn in the tide of public opinion re: Wanda.
    What gives you that impression?

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

I don't really view it so much as them saying that the X-Men's way wasn't working out but instead as progress being made in the MU as a result of AvX. Cap realized that they had been wrong to ignore the mutant plight and began putting together a team to help them. It's pretty refreshing to see more people fighting for mutantkind.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't really view it so much as them saying that the X-Men's way wasn't working out but instead as progress being made in the MU as a result of AvX. Cap realized that they had been wrong to ignore the mutant plight and began putting together a team to help them. It's pretty refreshing to see more people fighting for mutantkind.
    Read between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    What gives you that impression?
    Well, I did say the anti-Wanda crazies would come out after I posted that. And whaddaya know.

Me, I accept that she went crazy. Then Quicksilver talked her into a terrible mistake. Then Magneto goaded her into making an even worse one. And then she tried to help undo it.

Why is there not as much hate for Pietro and Magneto as there is for Wanda?
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Well, I did say the anti-Wanda crazies would come out after I posted that. And whaddaya know.

Me, I accept that she went crazy. Then Quicksilver talked her into a terrible mistake. Then Magneto goaded her into making an even worse one. And then she tried to help undo it.

Cause Magneto has bowed down and kissed the ring to the New Leader Cyclops and no one really cares about Pietro.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

I don't think that it's really about hating Wanda per se, but rather an objection to how things have panned out. I mean, first off, Wanda going all crazytown as a manifestation of the destructive nature of female hysteria was pretty gross. But then The Avengers just forgave her. The writers wanted to use her again and she was given pretty much a free pass (despite the fact that her actions led to the deaths of numerous individuals and she probably should have been prosecuted for this). But she's a Avengers and Avengers get get-out-of-jail-free cards. Cyclops, meanwhile, kills one guy under pretty similar circumstances and he is sent to jail, set up to be assassinated, escapes and becomes public enemy number one.
    It's the inequity of the whole matter that likely tics so many people off.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The UA are purely strategic on Cap's part. He's trying to solve the mutant problem, he's not trying to help mutantkind.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I don't think that it's really about hating Wanda per se, but rather an objection to how things have panned out. I mean, first off, Wanda going all crazytown as a manifestation of the destructive nature of female hysteria was pretty gross. But then The Avengers just forgave her. The writers wanted to use her again and she was given pretty much a free pass (despite the fact that her actions led to the deaths of numerous individuals and she probably should have been prosecuted for this). But she's a Avengers and Avengers get get-out-of-jail-free cards. Cyclops, meanwhile, kills one guy under pretty similar circumstances and he is sent to jail, set up to be assassinated, escapes and becomes public enemy number one.
    It's the inequity of the whole matter that likely tics so many people off.
    Sorry my friend Dr. Sonic but I don't see any free pass at all. She was an outcast for nearly a decade by 4th wall standards, that is a really long time to be an outcast with no character development. In CC Cyclops was the one that at the end let her go and she was willing to go with them until the Avengers and X-men started a Pre-AvX. She also declined to come back to the avengers and ex-communicated herself for some time. She was bared from the mansion my her former husband and what her status now in Uncanny Avengers with the avengers in uncertain until UA #5.

Really the idea that she is just back and that is it is really far from that truth, she has a long road ahead of her in Uncanny and all I would ask is to let it play out and see what happens be say it is all said and done. Cause really it is not.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Sorry my friend Dr. Sonic but I don't see any free pass at all. She was an outcast for nearly a decade by 4th wall standards, thats a really long time to be an outcast with no character development. In CC cyclops was the one that at the end let her go and she was willing to go with them. She also declined to come back to the avengers and ex-communicated herself for some time. She was bared from the mansion my her former husband and what her status now in Uncanny Avengers with the avengers in uncertain until UA #5.

Really the idea that she is just back and that is it is really far from that truth, she has a long road ahead of her in Uncanny and all I would ask is to let it play out and see what happens be say it is all said and done. Cause really it is not.
    I have some real sympathy for Wanda fans (the character's been treated ridiculously) but I don't think it's reasonable to say "Hey, she was off-camera for X number of years, she's paid her dues". She hasn't paid her dues in-story, and the attempt to downgrade her level of responsibility for M-Day was pretty sadly bungled. And then Remender gave her the whole "M-Day was no big deal" speech in UA #1, which was disgusting.