Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hold on ...there is a rape scene in Superior Spider-Man now ? Ugh...
    There is no rape, nor is there anything even hinting at any such thing.

The whole 'rape' thing came about because it was hinted, here and there, that Ock, pretending to be Peter, was going to try to make things happen with MJ. Which led to speculation that they would have sex, and because that would be under false pretenses, it would be classed as rape. This then got blown out of all proportion, into "SpOck gon' RAEP MJ!!!11"

However, we got the classic Slott Swerve, and nothing of the kind happened, nor is it likely to. The fanboys who were certain they could predict with 100% certainty what was absolutely without a doubt going to happen in any given comic were proven wrong again, just as they have been proven wrong eleventy billion times in the past, but which hasn't stopped them from doing the same thing every time.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by malexandria View Post
    This is why Marvel can do what they do, because they'll shovel stupid crap, get fans so pissed off and guess what? You'll still buy it. Me, I bailed after issue #699. I refuse to support stuff that is design not to entertain, but only to tick me off and anger me. The only people being "entertained" is Dan Slott and Marvel by watching the angry fans be outraged while still purchasing this garbage.
    I'm enjoying the comic quite a bit, actually.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    1 SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1
    2 BATMAN #16
    3 JUSTICE LEAGUE #16
    4 NEW AVENGERS #1
    5 SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2
    6 SAVAGE WOLVERINE #1
    7 UNCANNY AVENGERS #3
    8 DETECTIVE COMICS #16
    9 AVENGERS #3
    10 UNCANNY X-FORCE #1

Right... So basically Marvel has no presence in the top 10 except for the big, shiny, massively hyped #1s
    And #2s...and #3s...

BANNED

The #2 is a double ship on the same month. That leaves the two #3's, from their two flagships, and yet they're on the bottom of the list.

Marvel's relaunched books are dropping like flies.

6 comics in the top ten, and they're "dropping like flies". And #7 is the "bottom of the list".

Some people only see what they wanna see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    6 comics in the top ten, and they're "dropping like flies". And #7 is the "bottom of the list".

Some people only see what they wanna see, I guess.
    No offense, but have you seen the astonishing rate at which the first Marvel NOW books are shedding readers? Some are already not that far removed from numbers from before the reboot. And they all dropped about 50% on the second issue. That's simply not good prospects for Marvel NOW. I'm sure they were expecting a bit more durability from their event sales boost.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

No I haven't. I stand corrected, etc.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    There is no rape, nor is there anything even hinting at any such thing.

The whole 'rape' thing came about because it was hinted, here and there, that Ock, pretending to be Peter, was going to try to make things happen with MJ. Which led to speculation that they would have sex, and because that would be under false pretenses, it would be classed as rape. This then got blown out of all proportion, into "SpOck gon' RAEP MJ!!!11"

However, we got the classic Slott Swerve, and nothing of the kind happened, nor is it likely to. The fanboys who were certain they could predict with 100% certainty what was absolutely without a doubt going to happen in any given comic were proven wrong again, just as they have been proven wrong eleventy billion times in the past, but which hasn't stopped them from doing the same thing every time.
    That is good to know. I stopped at #700 and plan to wait til the title returns as Amazing Spider-Man likely when they bring Peter back in time for the movie.

I wanna bring something up bout numbers and all....Marvel and DC had 2 different style launches for their companies. We really can't judge Marvel Now as a whole til months from now. Like I told Rich Johnston , wait til the smoke clears. Take calculations and do figures from all the Marvel Now launches and compare it to DC's. Then you can say epic faaaail or not.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    Batman and JL aren't really in "events."
    Batman's having a massively hyped Joker crossover with gory setpieces and implications that characters will snuff it - it's definitely an event.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Batman's having a massively hyped Joker crossover with gory setpieces and implications that characters will snuff it - it's definitely an event.
    Batman always sells in top 5 event or no event. He is the nr.1 cash cow of superhero comics. I dont think his fans care about events or not. Of course the other less famous comics by DC,connected with the crossover profit temporary.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I wanna bring something up bout numbers and all....Marvel and DC had 2 different style launches for their companies. We really can't judge Marvel Now as a whole til months from now.
    How long do you think is a reasonable time to compare?

Here's one example:
    X-Men Legacy #271 from August: 37,206
    X-Men Legacy #4 from January: 37,673

Obviously, that's one that supports my vantage point, and other titles like Thor, Iron Man, Thunderbolts, etc. are on their 4th or 5th issues, and haven't yet dipped back to pre-Now! numbers.

But how many months, do you think would be a good indicator?

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    How long do you think is a reasonable time to compare?

Here's one example:
    X-Men Legacy #271 from August: 37,206
    X-Men Legacy #4 from January: 37,673

Obviously, that's one that supports my vantage point, and other titles like Thor, Iron Man, Thunderbolts, etc. are on their 4th or 5th issues, and haven't yet dipped back to pre-Now! numbers.

But how many months, do you think would be a good indicator?
    I think we have to judge all the books once they all roll out as #1's. Then we can sit and compare DC's pre-launch numbers to the current one.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Batman always sells in top 5 event or no event. He is the nr.1 cash cow of superhero comics. I dont think his fans care about events or not. Of course the other less famous comics by DC,connected with the crossover profit temporary.
    I don't think there actually have been non-event Batman books in the new 52.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I don't think there actually have been non-event Batman books in the new 52.
    I read Batman for the first 7 issues and since when is a story arc like Owls thing a big event in many comics? Its not Universe wide event, its crossover thing and now then. You dont go buy all Bat related comics just for a crossover. If that was true all Batwing,Nightwing and co would sell 50k+. Its only Batman,The Dark Knight,Detective Comics that sell really well because its Batman. Why doesnt the crossover work for other comics than Batman in Bat crossovers?

Event is Civil War,Final Crisis etc. Thats the only time Marvel comics top the list when its Universe big event like Fear or whatever the newest is called.

It will be interesting if Spiderman can compete with Batman ongoings or is there still 3 weekly Spidey comics. The only solo heroes books that sell always in top is those kind big names.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I read Batman for the first 7 issues and since when is a story arc like Owls thing a big event in many comics?
    It's 21 books spread across 10 titles.
    Hes the definition been deformed that much that this no longer constitutes an event?