Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

this is probably a stupid question; but in light of DKR; theres no chance the earth-2 batman could be Blake; is there?

Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Justice League are definite pick ups for me. The ones that I will probably get if I like the first few issues: JLA and Vibe.

Hoping the female Atom gets killed off for Ryan. :)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    Hoping the female Atom gets killed off for Ryan. :)
    Oh great. See, this is the kind of fans that these discussions bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh great. See, this is the kind of fans that these discussions bring.
    What's wrong with wanting a superhero to die off so that asian men can get some decent representation in comics?

Please do not try to tell me that I cannot wish for Ryan Choi to return as the Atom on the eve of Chinese New Year. That's just disrespectful.

Veteran Member

What's wrong with wanting a superhero to die off so that asian men can get some decent representation in comics?
    What's wrong about wanting a character dead? A character that has'nt even been properly introduced yet? Just because you want another character on his/her place?

It's just wrong. If you want more reasons I will add that you want an asian female dead just to get her replaced by an asian male. She's even more of a minority.

Please do not try to tell me that I cannot wish for Ryan Choi to return as the Atom on the eve of Chinese New Year. That's just disrespectful.
    The new Atom is an asian female.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    What's wrong about wanting a character dead? A character that has'nt even been properly introduced yet? Just because you want another character on his/her place?

It's just wrong. If you want more reasons I will add that you want an asian female dead just to get her replaced by an asian male. She's even more of a minority.

The new Atom is an asian female.
    We got the Katana ongoing coming soon and she's starring as a lead in the new Batman cartoon. We need a prominent asian male to complete things obviously. Bringing in any asian is a good thing but when there already has been an asian male Atom and you bring in an asian female instead, there are problems. Not every problem of representation in the DC universe can be solved by throwing a pair of tits on them. Young people of color deserve to have someone that represents them.

Ryan Choi was murdered and put into a fricking matchbox. People looked up to him because he represented them. If we gotta kill an asian female Atom to get Ryan Choi back, I'm fine with that.

To me, there's something wrong with DC comics, when it says that the "Classic Power girl" costume returns... I mean it just speaks...seriously..are you kidding me...is that all fans of Power GIrl cares about,.... an "opening in her costume" ?

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    To me, there's something wrong with DC comics, when it says that the "Classic Power girl" costume returns... I mean it just speaks...seriously..are you kidding me...is that all fans of Power GIrl cares about,.... an "opening in her costume" ?
    I fee you...to me it just sound like horny 13 year old boys to me

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Yeah it is really.

Veteran Member

We got the Katana ongoing coming soon and she's starring as a lead in the new Batman cartoon. We need a prominent asian male to complete things obviously. Bringing in any asian is a good thing but when there already has been an asian male Atom and you bring in an asian female instead, there are problems. Not every problem of representation in the DC universe can be solved by throwing a pair of tits on them. Young people of color deserve to have someone that represents them.

Ryan Choi was murdered and put into a fricking matchbox. People looked up to him because he represented them. If we gotta kill an asian female Atom to get Ryan Choi back, I'm fine with that.
    The problem isn't about wanting more diversity, the problem is that you want the character dead just because it's a female version of Ryan Choi.

And if you wanted male asian characters I hope you bought OMAC, The Ray and Justice League International (Which I did).

someone just needs to make an Atom thread if thats what the predominant discussion is morphing into

BANNED

DC already has the most badass Asian, male superhero waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    DC already has the most badass Asian, male superhero waiting to be used.

................................. August General in Iron?

As an Asian male, I'm asking you please...just...stop.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW