Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Carlie won't die. If the solicit isn't hyperbole and something big does happen, Ock will find a way to remove Peter from the body completely.

He'll return with the help of 2099 and maybe some other Spider-Men later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Carlie won't die. If the solicit isn't hyperbole and something big does happen, Ock will find a way to remove Peter from the body completely.

He'll return with the help of 2099 and maybe some other Spider-Men later on.
    They are hyping death, so its either got to be Doc (they won't permantely kill Peter due to the fact he is coming back and they did it like 10 issues ago.) or one of the supporting characters. It would make sense it be her considering she just got back to being a character in the book again.

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    I think that's how it will go. The solicits said people would be angrier than # 700. I think ony a small number would be angry if something happens to Otto. But Peter almost regaining control and not getting it, or perhaps again willingly letting Otto keep the driver's seat would be sure to infuriate the die-hard Spidey fans.
    I don't think Peter's *ever* 'willingly' let Ock had the driver's seat. He'd just run out of options in #700 and was hoping to limit the damage he might do with it after he'd failed to stop him.

He might -willingly- decide he doesn't want to be the kind of person who murders Ock by ejecting him from his body, however. Maybe he sees that Ock is starting to change, too? Who knows? Peter's ultimatley a good person who'd die to save the life of even a hated enemy, after all. In which case, Otto might 'kill' Peter and finally fly solo for a while... for now. We all know Pete'll be back -eventually-, but it's not going to be the 'he struggles for control of his body and WINS' thing that so many people who don't like the direction have pinned their hopes on.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-10-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Look Superior has been .... interesting however the Ock jacking himself off over MJ, acting like a tool and Peter's soul mate doesn't seem to notice something's off is quite annoying/disturbing, Carlie has figured out that something is off and Daredevil and Wolverine's X-Men have noticed it as well and to be honest Ock himself is a very meh Spidey the cast are the ones making this comic interesting not the main character, put Peter back in his body now please

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Look Superior has been .... interesting however the Ock jacking himself off over MJ, acting like a tool and Peter's soul mate doesn't seem to notice something's off is quite annoying/disturbing, Carlie has figured out that something is off and Daredevil and Wolverine's X-Men have noticed it as well and to be honest Ock himself is a very meh Spidey the cast are the ones making this comic interesting not the main character, put Peter back in his body now please
    She did notice something was off. She KNEW something was off. She just didn't assume that it wasn't Peter Parker like the reader's know.

Awesome book
    Last edited by Definite21; 02-23-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Default Too Good - marvel won't do it

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    I do have an idea for how SSM 10 is going to go. Peter gets his body back but this somehow leads to death of someone ( I am going to guess Carlie do to the fact she has been given the spotlight recently) and Peter quits being SM. This leads to a vacuum that needs to be filled when Norman comes back to town. Who is the person that happens to come back at this time? Why its Spiderman 2099! This would explain how this can piss off fans without just rehashing ASM 700.
    Your idea is too good and too logical. Therefore, no way it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Well, in everyone's defense, Peter did tell her in #700. So it isn't much of a leap for her to start noticing things and remembering that conversation.

Peter said in ASM #700, after throwing himself and Otto out of Avengers Tower that since he just tried to kill Otto (thinking the last ditch mindswitch would work with the gold octobot) he could never be Spider-Man again anyway. I like that idea. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Peter said in ASM #700, after throwing himself and Otto out of Avengers Tower that since he just tried to kill Otto (thinking the last ditch mindswitch would work with the gold octobot) he could never be Spider-Man again anyway. I like that idea. ^^
    You like the idea that Peter will never be Spider-Man again? Good grief...

Quote Originally Posted by malexandria View Post
    Your idea is too good and too logical. Therefore, no way it happens.
    I dunno. We could go full Reign of the Spider-Men. xD

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

I love Marcos Martin Spidey covers. So stripped down (literally in this case) and effective!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I dunno. We could go full Reign of the Spider-Men. xD
    It would seem to be more of a battle for the cowl I guess.

Also not much feedback on my idea? I thought it was good. .

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Superior SM's gonna appear in Deadpool as well.

DEADPOOL #9-10
    GERRY DUGGAN & BRIAN POSEHN (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A)
    Cover by ART ADAMS (#9) & TONY MOORE (#10)
    • Deadpool targets a MAN with AQUATIC powers!
    • Then he teams-up with your SUPERIOR Neighborhood SPIDER-MAN!
    • I PROMISE HE KILLS ONE OF THOSE TWO!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Parental Advisory …$2.99 (EACH)
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

My guess is that something is going to get murdered ... Otto will decide, for reasons he doesn't quite know why, that he has to destroy all of the emotional ties that Peter has. In a sense he has to murder Peter's old life.

This is consistent with some posters' speculation the whole purpose of this exercise is to reduce Peter Parker back to being a misunderstood loser.