Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46

    Default

    Nice to see Johnny's chair gag finally paid off.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  2. #47

    Default

    Artwork. Admission price. Paid.

  3. #48
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    This is most certainly not something one retcons in as an after thought.
    i like it. i've liked all of Fraction's 'retcons,' so far. i think Sue should have been on the doctorate path from jump.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i like it. i've liked all of Fraction's 'retcons,' so far. i think Sue should have been on the doctorate path from jump.
    they should had made that a change in the season one book if they were going to do that in this fashion.

    If we don't get to see that, than at least package it with the very much needed change of why they went on their mission. It makes a little sense, its just the way its implemented feels haphazard and for the wrong purposes.

    and, wait what other retcons are there? I've read the past 3 issues (subscription hangover, I'll stop an an issue or so and keep reading Ff) but I don't remember any other changes.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

  5. #50

  6. #51
    Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Doomstadt, Latveria
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post


    I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about just dumping this book. We haven't approached Mark Millar territory, but I really don't care for this quote. I HATED his retcon of Namor's origin story, simply because, "Ooooooh wouldn't it be cooler if Namor's dad was Captain Nemo?" No. It would not and it is not. But at least that happened on panel. This. This is BS.

    I'm not going to explode into a rant until I have read this issue, but if Reed's intro of Sue is a harbinger of things to come, it's going to be an interesting next Wednesday.

    FYI, I don't have a problem with Ben or Wyatt being referred to as brothers. They are pretty much part of the family. In fact, I have much more of a problem with Wyatt not showing up at all for Johnny's funeral.
    Me too and it's too bad that the story behind Wyatt not being at the funeral was something Hickman said he had to drop in order to wind things up.

    Oh wow....I just read this plan of Fraction's for Sue and I have to say I disagree also. I'd be on board if he has her going to continue her education now as T.M. Anthony suggested in his post. ...heck, I didn't start college until I worked about 10 or 12 years to save the $$$. But Sue had a child to raise and one that required special attention once his powers started to manifest. Their life is so tumultuous for those years I don't see how she could work it in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    No, I haven't and yet I have...been glancing at numerous previews (written and actual (I.E. page samples) ), and reading the reviews and interviews, as well as Mr. Fraction's Twitter. So strangely enough, I have been developing my own opinion through all of that, and that opinion is I don't like at all each and every one of the tastes of the NOW! F4 I've had thus far. Not to mention that Fraction's 'My way or the highway!' 'tude about what are very drastic changes he is doing to very legendary, prestigious, and historic characters does not help my opinion at all.
    Fraction does come off very arrogant about it in his post. His Thor started losing readers when he made too radical a change. I think he was a poor follow up on that title compared to JMS and Gillen. He still has big shoes to fill following Hickman and he has yet to show that he's done that.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

  7. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Fraction does come off very arrogant about it in his post.
    How so? All it is is him stating his reasoning behind the change. There's no belittling or dismissal of people who disagree.

    Also, can someone tell me what the story is behind Hickman having to depart early? I've heard it mentioned a few times now.

  8. #53
    Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Doomstadt, Latveria
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbilex View Post
    How so? All it is is him stating his reasoning behind the change. There's no belittling or dismissal of people who disagree.

    Also, can someone tell me what the story is behind Hickman having to depart early? I've heard it mentioned a few times now.
    I think maybe arrogant in that suddenly he thinks he needs to make this change to the back story that IMO isn't necessary. There's no need to play down that she decided to be a wife and mother first. As I said, she could start doing the education part now. Or just use his own idea, have her time travel and 2 minutes later, she comes back with a doctorate. Maybe that's how Victor got his

    With Hickman, I recall him giving an interview where he mentioned explaining why Wyatt was absent at the funeral but this was well before they made their plans for Marvel Now. I am not sure when that writer's summit was held where it was decided to change writer assignments. If you check his formspring posts (some of which are linked in the ongoing Doom appreciation thread, he also mentions how the story with the Parliament of Doom and the fight against the 4 Mad Celestials was going to go into more detail, like how he lost his Infinity Gauntlet to the Priests and the Professors.

    Here's a link to one of the posts
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-12-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

  9. #54
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think maybe arrogant in that suddenly he thinks he needs to make this change to the back story that IMO isn't necessary. There's no need to play down that she decided to be a wife and mother first. As I said, she could start doing the education part now. Or just use his own idea, have her time travel and 2 minutes later, she comes back with a doctorate. Maybe that's how Victor got his

    With Hickman, I recall him giving an interview where he mentioned explaining why Wyatt was absent at the funeral but this was well before they made their plans for Marvel Now. I am not sure when that writer's summit was held where it was decided to change writer assignments. If you check his formspring posts (some of which are linked in the ongoing Doom appreciation thread, he also mentions how the story with the Parliament of Doom and the fight against the 4 Mad Celestials was going to go into more detail, like how he lost his Infinity Gauntlet to the Priests and the Professors.

    Here's a link to one of the posts
    They really could have made a nice little issue about Sue getting her doctorate. Maybe mention that she's taking classes on the side, and down the line having a one shot where she graduates and other heroes attend the ceremony. You can have a nice moment with her kids there if they wanna go into 'afterschool special' mode. And for fun, you can have the Frightful Four or something attack the Ceremony.

    It can be an annual or something if they're worried about it disrupting the monthly title.

  10. #55

    Default

    Yea, it did come out of nowhere to the point that I thought that maybe the timeline had been changed

  11. #56
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    they should had made that a change in the season one book if they were going to do that in this fashion.

    If we don't get to see that, than at least package it with the very much needed change of why they went on their mission. It makes a little sense, its just the way its implemented feels haphazard and for the wrong purposes.

    and, wait what other retcons are there? I've read the past 3 issues (subscription hangover, I'll stop an an issue or so and keep reading Ff) but I don't remember any other changes.
    in Future Foundation, he had Scott Lang describe himself as a nanotech specialist and a teacher; among other things.


    if he wanted to, Fraction could attribute it to the concordance engine he introduced in his Defenders run.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •