Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Mr. Spencer,

I do have another question and that is despite the title name, whether or not any future members of the Secret Avengers be mutants and/or members of the X-men ?

Will the team encounters any of the current Uncanny X-force teams in the future ?
    No mutants planned currently, but never say never.

And I'd be all for that, but nothing in the works as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Will it be explained why Hill is the "Acting" Director?
    Yep, we'll cover it.

If this has already been asked I apologize but I'm curious as to where the adventures of the new SA will take them location wise? Are then any particular countries or places that you're excited to take them? I guess the root of the question would be how globetrottery will this book be?

Any plans for Silver Sable?
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Thanks a lot for the answers, Mr. Spencer! So there's possibly more than one suit of Iron Patriot, and hearing that Taskmaster is getting a new costume is so awesome! I always thought his classic costume was fine, and it worked if he was training villains and henchmen, but when he was doing contracts and missions, he should don his more practical UDON armour.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerio View Post
    Any plans for Silver Sable?
    Silver Sable's been dead for awhile now, she died in the Amazing Spider-man book.

I'm a huge fan of yours having met you several times in the last years. and will next week at London Super Con. :-) how did you think about Budapest, Hungary as a location for the story? I'm quite happy about that as I come from Hungary :D

Nick, thanks for answering our questions.

I'm somewhat intrigued by this book -- as someone else noted, I thought your .1 issue was one of the best of the previous incarnation (other than the casual approach they all had to killing) and I'm a huge Hawkeye fan -- but I have to admit I have my doubts that it'll be for me. As far as I'm concerned, Maria Hill is a supervillain (attacking Cap for not following a bill that hadn't even passed Congress at the start of Civil War pretty much cemented her there) and honestly I see Fake Ultimate Nick Fury as a lot of what I don't like about today's Marvel. Can you give me some bigger reason to get excited about the title, since it sounds like it's going to be spending a lot of time focusing on those two. Right now I just feel like it's something I want to like more than I will.

Also, any thoughts on using Julia Carpenter, who's also got former government/secret agency experience? You mentioned you were a big AWC fan, and she's been completely underused since Jessica Drew was brought back onto the scene. If all the other spider-characters have to be in the Avengers, why not Julia, who was the longest-serving member of the team pre-Disassembled?

Awesome inaugural issue. I loved the quips you inserted between Barton, Hill, and Fury, covered the bases on common issues that fans had before the series debuted (Fury and mind control same as Secret War). Can't wait to see how Buck is incorporated into the series. Don't really have a question in there. I'm just excited to see where this going.

Hi Mr. Spencer,

Would you be willing to bring in the original Nick Fury or at least retcon the new one. I'm sorry, but I heavily dislike the idea of replacing a character who has been around for 50 years with one that resembles an actor. I also think that the method in which this initiated was very contrived. I would have no problem with him being Marcus Johnson. But the whole "looking just like Sam Jackson and losing an eye" is way too much he's not even a real character. (You don't have to answer this and I'm sorry if you perceive it as fanboyish or offensive. I have a lot of respect for you and I'm a fan of your writing. I just wanted to speak my mind on the issue.)
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hi Mr. Spencer,

Would you be willing to bring in the original Nick Fury or at least retcon the new one. I'm sorry, but I heavily dislike the idea of replacing a character who has been around for 50 years with one that resembles an actor. I also think that the method in which this initiated was very contrived. I would have no problem with him being Marcus Johnson. But the whole "looking just like Sam Jackson and losing an eye" is way too much he's not even a real character. (You don't have to answer this and I'm sorry if you perceive it as fanboyish or offensive. I have a lot of respect for you and I'm a fan of your writing. I just wanted to speak my mind on the issue.)
    He has not been replaced Nick Fury Sr has been in Winter Solider since that book started.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Great first issue. Loved Coulson and Fury. I don't really have a question, but I think it would be nice if the team got pass all the mind wipes. We've been down this road before, and those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Hey Nick, just wanted to say I loved the first issue. If this keeps up I hope you have a long lengthy run on the title. I think it was very smart to address all the movie-verse being brought into the comic-verse in the first issue so we can be done with it and move on. Can't wait to see Winter Solider, Mockingbird, and Iron Patriot make their debut. Thanks for giving me a title to be excited for again. Keep it up!
    My Canon > Your Canon

Hey Mr. Spencer, just come in to say that the first issue was AWESOME. I loved the banter between Fury Jr. and Hawkguy, and I like how SHIELD is being shown as a morally grey, for the greater good, the ends justifies the means kind of organisation. I can not wait for the next issue! I really want to see Taskmaster's new outfit.

Also a question if you're still checking this. Were the healing factor bullets real, or was Fury Jr. just lying about it to get Hawkguy off guard?

Quote Originally Posted by k0mi View Post
    I'm a huge fan of yours having met you several times in the last years. and will next week at London Super Con. :-) how did you think about Budapest, Hungary as a location for the story? I'm quite happy about that as I come from Hungary :D
    A lot of people have caught this: it's a reference to a little aside between Hawkeye/Widow in the Avengers film, regarding a mission in Budapest, that the two of them remembered differently. Given what we were doing with the story, I was being cute in setting it there. Plus it's just a great location for a spy story.

See you at LSCC!
    Last edited by Nick Spencer; 02-13-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motteditor View Post
    Nick, thanks for answering our questions.

I'm somewhat intrigued by this book -- as someone else noted, I thought your .1 issue was one of the best of the previous incarnation (other than the casual approach they all had to killing) and I'm a huge Hawkeye fan -- but I have to admit I have my doubts that it'll be for me. As far as I'm concerned, Maria Hill is a supervillain (attacking Cap for not following a bill that hadn't even passed Congress at the start of Civil War pretty much cemented her there) and honestly I see Fake Ultimate Nick Fury as a lot of what I don't like about today's Marvel. Can you give me some bigger reason to get excited about the title, since it sounds like it's going to be spending a lot of time focusing on those two. Right now I just feel like it's something I want to like more than I will.

Also, any thoughts on using Julia Carpenter, who's also got former government/secret agency experience? You mentioned you were a big AWC fan, and she's been completely underused since Jessica Drew was brought back onto the scene. If all the other spider-characters have to be in the Avengers, why not Julia, who was the longest-serving member of the team pre-Disassembled?
    To the first part, I don't know that there is an answer, really. It may just not be the book for you-- which is perfectly fine, nothing wrong with that. I could disagree with you on stuff, but that's how you feel about those stories/characters, I doubt I'd change your mind. Maria and Nick will definitely be a huge part of the book. I do really appreciate you keeping an open mind and giving it a shot, either way.

To the second part, you all are asking about a bunch of my faves, clearly we are of the same era :) No plans, but would love to write her someday.