Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
    The only costume worn was captain America and it looked pretty bad with helmet on....BWidow and Hawkeye basically work black agent wear and iron man is robot.. thors outfit was changed to make it at least plausible and not silly ...and they barely pulled that off...please don't equate what works in movies to money...spiderman 3 must be one of the best superhero movie made then.
    Only comic fans and diehard geeks would make that distinction. To everyone else (i.e., the vast majority of people who saw the Avengers) they were all wearing costumes.
    Last edited by kalorama; 02-10-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Only comic fans and diehard geeks would make that distinction. To everyone else (i.e., the vast majority of people who was the Avengers) they were all wearing costumes.
    and that was my point
    Support your local roller derby league

I can't stop laughing at how awful this process has been.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Yeah I was just going to say Captain America looked atrocious in that movie. Thor was really just wearing battle gear. That's pretty much it for costumes. Should have kept the pumped up badass war gear look from the solo film for Cap's costume. Justice Leage has more costumes.
    Right and the more capes and spandex the more hilarious it becomes. Justice League costumes are too flamboyant to work as a group in daylight on screen.

Exactly my point...fans will not have a problem with it but as a whole it will be laughed at because though DC has the iconic heroes their costumes as they are are too silly for a large scale live action film.
    I see where you are coming from but Smallville did a good job with their Justice League costumes and I have never heard of anyone complaining about those like the JSA ones. As for the JSA Smallville costumes I thought Dr Fate and Stargirl's worked but Hawkmans was to big. I looks like that helmet might fall of during a fight.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Right and the more capes and spandex the more hilarious it becomes. Justice League costumes are too flamboyant to work as a group in daylight on screen.
    So that's been the problems with production all along. When they say "the script sucks and was horribly written", they really mean "costumes are silly."

Costumes can be tweaked, they would look fine in a movie. Plus there's that whole suspension of disbelief thing.

Elder Member

Well (A) they don't actually make the movie costumes out of spandex and (B) of the characters that have been announced as being part of the movie JLA, the only ones who wear capes are Batman and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well (A) they don't actually make the movie costumes out of spandex and (B) of the characters that have been announced as being part of the movie JLA, the only ones who wear capes are Batman and Superman.
    My using the word "spandex" is speaking more to the look of the hero then the "actual material they use in the movie" which I thought was obvious... I apologize if I gave you impression that I thought they actually "used spandex"...but thank you for taking the time to log in to point that out.

Of course a poorly written script will undoubtedly contribute to a bad movie but much of it is determined on the look of the characters in daylight and the suspension of belief working enough for the world to be taken with some sort of seriousness. Avengers worked because it drew from the Ultimate universe created specifically to be a "real world" power group which presentation panders to the cinematic...JLU has ways to go. The watchmen costumes were decent but they were mostly shot in the dark and shadow, the JLU exists many time in daylight which presents a cos-play atmosphere no matter how well you cg it.
    Last edited by maskedavenger; 02-10-2013 at 11:45 AM.

My using the word "spandex" is speaking more to the look of the hero then the "actual material they use in the movie" which I thought was obvious... I apologize if I gave you impression that I thought they actually "used spandex"...but thank you for taking the time to log in to point that out.

Of course a poorly written script will undoubtedly contribute to a bad movie but much of it is determined on the look of the characters in daylight and the suspension of belief working enough for the world to be taken with some sort of seriousness. Avengers worked because it drew from the Ultimate universe created specifically to be a "real world" power group which presentation panders to the cinematic...JLU has ways to go. The watchmen costumes were decent but they were mostly shot in the dark and shadow, the JLU exists many time in daylight which presents a cos-play atmosphere no matter how well you cg it.
    tempted to agree
    Support your local roller derby league

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

The watchmen costumes were decent but they were mostly shot in the dark and shadow, the JLU exists many time in daylight which presents a cos-play atmosphere no matter how well you cg it.
    Then have most scenes take place at night for the movie. Batman mostly only shows up then anyways.

That was easy.

Elder Member

My using the word "spandex" is speaking more to the look of the hero then the "actual material they use in the movie" which I thought was obvious...
    Well, based on the the cumulative content of your posts in this thread, you seem to have a habit of thinking things that aren't necessarily supported by objective truth.

I apologize if I gave you impression that I thought they actually "used spandex"...
    No need to apologize. I've gotten used to you saying things that don't jibe with the facts.

but thank you for taking the time to log in to point that out.
    Don't mention it. Always glad to help.

The watchmen costumes were decent but they were mostly shot in the dark and shadow, the JLU exists many time in daylight which presents a cos-play atmosphere no matter how well you cg it.
    Pure speculation with a hint of fortune-telling thrown in. (A) since the movie hasn't been made yet you have no way of knowing how much of it takes place in the daylight versus the nighttime. (B) Since you haven't seen any of the CG or the costumes for the film you have no idea how they look. (C) Much of the Avengers took place in the daytime without any problem.

You're jumping to unfounded conclusions based on how things work in the comics. Movies aren't comics and they don't work by the same rules.
    Last edited by kalorama; 02-10-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I can't stop laughing at how awful this process has been.
    How the topic conversation has shifted or how flip flopping WB/DC has become when it concerns the Justice League film?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

In response to Kalorama :
    -Of course its speculation the majority of this TV/ Film thread is speculation "with a hint of fortune telling thrown in". Why even respond to these threads if your objection to my "speculations" of why the JLU would be visually problematic in a live action movie is that my words are "pure speculation"...That is pretty obvious...in fact this whole thread might be pure nonsense due to the fact that the script being discarded is based on a "rumor".
    - Of course I am basing the JLU on the comics and animated series in which the JLU primarily operates in day light because you would like to think WB would stay somewhat loyal to vibe of the team and other then batman it isn't a nocturnal crime fighting group.
    - Once again Avengers was based on an ultimate universe and when that universe was created the editors/artists redesigned their costumes purposely to become cinematic ally appealing, where as DC has yet to do that with its heroes so it is hard to compare the two as having the same results...JLU costumes even streamlined and mainstreamed are "too flamboyant".
    The point is you obviously believe WB can come up with solutions to the visual problems I have proposed and I do not think those solutions will compromise the look of the world, thus changing it to an XMen or Avengers...though my opinions are purely "speculative"...just to be clear.
    Last edited by maskedavenger; 02-10-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Just what does that have to do with my previous post? Yes I'm well aware people are still joking about it, don't need any evidence for that, but I'm also pointing out how pointless and tired that joke has become.
    It has to do with the fact that no matter how good a writer you put on Aquaman, he will always be not taken seriously. Even when Johns took part in the DC Comics special for "Robot Chicken", he found the character being the butt of jokes. It may be tiring, but it will never just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama
    This is from the aborted Batman vs. Superman movie, right? I always thought that was a terrible idea because it essentially turned Batman into the villain. Plus, I'm more than burned out on the whole "heroes fighting each other" thing.
    His wanting to kill the Joker was in line with the Burton/Schumacher films and wanting to keep Superman from stopping him doesn't make Batman a villain in that. Just the aggressor. Recall that he killed in the first three films in that series, often deliberately. Wanting to kill the man who killed his parents and now his bride to be, is in keeping with that modus operandi.
    Last edited by Mat001; 02-10-2013 at 02:13 PM.

In response to Kalorama :
    -Of course its speculation the majority of this TV/ Film thread is speculation "with a hint of fortune telling thrown in". Why even respond to these threads if your objection to my "speculations" of why the JLU would be visually problematic in a live action movie is that my words are "pure speculation"...That is pretty obvious...in fact this whole thread might be pure nonsense due to the fact that the script being discarded is based on a "rumor".
    - Of course I am basing the JLU on the comics and animated series in which the JLU primarily operates in day light because you would like to think WB would stay somewhat loyal to vibe of the team and other then batman it isn't a nocturnal crime fighting group.
    - Once again Avengers was based on an ultimate universe and when that universe was created the editors/artists redesigned their costumes purposely to become cinematic ally appealing, where as DC has yet to do that with its heroes so it is hard to compare the two as having the same results...JLU costumes even streamlined and mainstreamed are "too flamboyant".
    The point is you obviously believe WB can come up with solutions to the visual problems I have proposed and I do not think those solutions will compromise the look of the world, thus changing it to an XMen or Avengers...though my opinions are purely "speculative"...just to be clear.
    If you find the thread pointless then why continue posting here?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck