Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default B&B - Feb 7, 2013

DC Comics Bob Harras and Editorial Director Bobbie Chase return for another B&B, announcing and discussing the reasons behind recently cancelled series, creative team shifts, "Trinity War" and more. Plus, exclusive art.

Full article here.

Whoa. That's....That's a lot of titles getting canceled. Shame about Sword of Sorcery. Expected Batwing to get axed, but glad to see that they're taking it in a new direction.

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Surprised Fury of Failstorm lasted this long.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

BANNED

So that confirms Giffen is off Legion.

Quite a few canceled titles there. Sad to see Sword Of Sorcery is already finished.

None of the upcoming annuals interest me, but hopefully they will replace the series they are canceling with something more interesting. They haven't had much luck with new series lately. I guess Synder's Man of Steel and the JLA series will at least help curve that trend some.

Ha ha! Rise & Fall of DC. Harras is always a bad news. Just wait and see how history repeats itself. First marvel, now dc.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Hey, is it safe to say that Batman is the leading franchise at DC in terms of quality and sales?
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Ugh, too many cancellations and not a single creative team change that interests me. Hope the next wave is better and the books manage to last longer than 8 issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Hey, is it safe to say that Batman is the leading franchise at DC in terms of quality and sales?
    Sales yes, quality no. That's the Dark line.

That leaves 35 of the original 52 still being published and 23 total canceled titles in less than 2 years. I wish that I could say that at least these canceled titles are making way for better stronger ideas, but I'm not sure that's true. We've lost 2 2nd wave and 2 3rd wave titles already and to be honest, I don't expect anything in the 4th wave to have staying power outside of JLA.

On the one hand it may be nice for fans of characters in canceled books that they plan tokeep them around, but honestly how many characters can you shoehorn into titles. Also, how many of the already canceled characters have they kept that promise while. I haven't seen Hawk and Dove, OMAC (since the JLI title ended), Static, Blackhawks, or Resurrection Man anywhere yet.

Im just glad that Dial H is not even mentioned, let it roll DC...
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

So Batwing is going to become Iron-Batman or Bat-Iron Man?

DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Official Ghostfacer JordanWinchester's Avatar

Glad to see they were allowed to have easy questions for the most part and really not answer anything all too interesting. I know that you can't expect much for some of the questions asked due to not wanting leaks but, at the same time, some of these answers are just repeated over and over in multiple interviews and results in my feeling as if I just wasted time reading it since I didn't get any new information from them. The only creator change they haven't done that I've been wanting is getting another person on Superman and TT. I would pick up those books then if they actually put a really good writer on them. Instead its just adding up to being superiorly bland and won't be memorable in the years to come.

1) I will definitely be giving Supergirl and Superboy looks in the future depending on art team. If it's Lupacchino on Supergirl that's as good as bought.

2) I can't wait to hear about what YJ books they have coming up, especially in light of the Ravagers cancellation.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat2576 View Post
    On the one hand it may be nice for fans of characters in canceled books that they plan tokeep them around, but honestly how many characters can you shoehorn into titles. Also, how many of the already canceled characters have they kept that promise while. I haven't seen ...OMAC (since the JLI title ended)...anywhere yet.
    Then you should pick up Stormwatch. :p