Question grading help on incredible hulk #340

Hello,
    I recently was helping my mom remodel her house and stumbled across my old comic collection. I was curious if anyone could help me with grading this one. Hope the pictures are ok. The comic is in good shape main thing I noticed was the brownish color to the interior pages.thanks for the help

This was just before marvel switched to using better paper, but what a great issue this was and is! Have it myself! Looks as if it got stored in a hot place to be sure. A cool dark place is desired, away from flooding bugs and rodents. Sure you can get at the very least, 5 or 10 bucks for it. condition is everything, as well as being a key book. this was one of the best hulk wolvie battles ever.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J. View Post
    This was just before marvel switched to using better paper, but what a great issue this was and is! Have it myself! Looks as if it got stored in a hot place to be sure. A cool dark place is desired, away from flooding bugs and rodents. Sure you can get at the very least, 5 or 10 bucks for it. condition is everything, as well as being a key book. this was one of the best hulk wolvie battles ever.
    Right on the money valuewise. Grade wise, I will say FN/VF if not a VF minus at best.

58 bucks on Mile High Comics, if it's "very fine"

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...=421&instock=0
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Michel View Post
    58 bucks on Mile High Comics, if it's "very fine"

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...=421&instock=0
    With the usual caveat that Mile High's prices are delusional, at best.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Mile High referring to their prices as opposed to their supply

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    I love Milehigh's delusional pricing baby...where else could I see a Miracleman #15 go for $2,175 bucks...lol.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Yep. I've posted examples in the past, & while I can't remember the details in this instance, I ran into yet another example yesterday of Mile High asking for prices that were multiples of Lone Star's -- something like $15 for completely unexceptional late-'90s or early '00s ishes that Lone Star priced at $1 or so.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

I'd find myself very hard pressed to spend upwards of $45 each on Millie the Model (Archie style era) when I've been getting the same 15c-20c copies on eBay in VF usually within the $3 to $7 range. Takes a bit of patience and sometimes I only get 1 or 2 books at a time but I must have saved around $700 so far compared to buying the same books from MHC....
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well folks...Chuck has that big warehouse or 3 to pay for. So he wants us all to pony up the dough and pay these insane batshit prices.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

The big flaw that jumps out at me is that bent right corner. I'm not a condition guy, but I wouldn't pay any kind of high dollar for a comic like that. I'd happily buy it for around the $5 to $8 range, though.

Thanks so much for clarifying . Ive been working on learning more about the aspects of grading /each grade to get a better idea on some of the items I have.

Yes, that's what I was meaning with my smiley !
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I love Milehigh's delusional pricing baby...where else could I see a Miracleman #15 go for $2,175 bucks...lol.
    For those of you who got Chuck's latest newsletter...it seems his already delusional prices will be going up even higher, thanks to what he considers to be increased demand for both new and classic (silver age and bronze age) comics.

Incidently, his list price for Midtown's Spidey #666 variant is $87...I picked up a couple NM copies for $9.99 on eBay.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.