Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    I say again:
    Two words: James Bond.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Well, I for one think it would be interesting seeing TIE Fighter pilot boot camp and humanising the Imperials a little.
    After they were fleshed out in the Clone Wars cartoons and comics, I'd like to see just how much the implanted brainwashing that turned the original stormtroopers bad messed with their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    But we already know how his journey will end. Not enough tension.
    Couldn't you say that about any prequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Yes, but what can you say about Han Solo? He's a selfish jerk? Got it. He's a selfish jerk, but he may have some redeeming qualities? Got that, too. The debate is moot because this Solo movie is supposedly an "origin" story. So as much fun as a "Solo's 11" or whatever movie may be doesn't matter because this will probably just be a "Meet Chewie, Score the Falcon" by-the-numbers prequel.
    To be fair, just because you can't think of anything to say about him, it doesn't mean there isn't anything to say about him...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Couldn't you say that about any prequel?
    Yes, i did not like the prequels but at least they answered much more questions, like what did yoda do before Dagobah, what was Chewie's home plane, who was Padme, the origins of Darth vader etc...
    Also the Crispin Solo trilogy is one of the best SW trilogies.

Well, in the prequel trilogy we knew the fates of Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Padme, Palpatine, R2 and 3PO. Chewbacca doesn't really count because it wasn't until the final minutes of ROTS that we knew that the one Wookie was Chewbacca. So you are talking about knowing the fates of 7 of the main character in a story that had 20-30+ main characters and many more secondary characters. So complaining about the prequels being boring because we knew their fate only accounts for 1/3 (or more like 1/10) of the characters in the film considering how many OTHER characters were introduced beyond the main characters that we had never seen before.

So don't blame the boring aspect on being a prequel. There are other reasons for that.

BANNED

We know what Anakin is going to be, yeah, the prequles had plenty of other problems that made even less tense.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

I wish them luck.

No interest in either of these stand alone films and the recent quip by Lawrence K. about not referring to any of the Extended Universe material was disappointing too. Oh well...hope those that are interested enjoy them.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

BANNED

Got a link for the Kasdan stuff?

Everyone is making decisions about whether or not to watch the spinoff films, when NOTHING is set in stone yet. Yoda, Bobba Fett and Han Solo have only been rumored. These aren't official. And there certainly aren't scripts yet.

Come on people, if you are Star Wars fans then let them develop real scripts and announce real films before reacting. Stop being stereotypical Fanboys and wait to see a trailer before judging. Yeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Everyone is making decisions about whether or not to watch the spinoff films, when NOTHING is set in stone yet. Yoda, Bobba Fett and Han Solo have only been rumored. These aren't official. And there certainly aren't scripts yet.

Come on people, if you are Star Wars fans then let them develop real scripts and announce real films before reacting. Stop being stereotypical Fanboys and wait to see a trailer before judging. Yeesh...
    I think the prequels made the Star Wars fans jaded and cynical. At least thats how I look at it. I feel ya though
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Got a link for the Kasdan stuff?
    http://www.themarysue.com/lawrence-k...-wars-spinoff/

Kasdan would not confirm reports that the spinoff films would center on iconic characters Han Solo, Boba Fett or Yoda, but said he wasn’t focusing on his previous scripts or on the extended “Star Wars” universe in his approach to writing the new film.

“I’m trying to start fresh,” he said. “There are certain pleasures that we think the saga can bring to people that they’ve been missing, and we’re hoping to bring them that, and at the same time, have them feel that it’s all new.”

Fett's the guy with the cool suit who got pwned by a blind guy right?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

I still wonder are they following the continuity of the EU stuff or is Disney telling their own story when it comes to Star Wars?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Fett's the guy with the cool suit who got pwned by a blind guy right?
    His backpack has jets.
    He's Boba the Fett.

He bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt
    to finance his 'Vette.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think the prequels made the Star Wars fans jaded and cynical. At least thats how I look at it. I feel ya though
    But the thing is, most fans who didn't like the prequels (I personally liked them and rewatch them occasionally) put the blame fully on Lucas. Now they are getting their wet dreams... Lucas if no longer the final say in the films. Lucas/Disney has hired fantastic screen writers and they have J.J. Abrams confirmed for at least Episode 7 of the Star Wars: Skywalker saga.

All the news seems to be going in a positive direction. Temper the cynicism with that reality and give them a chance.

And to aNamored who is disappointed that Kasdan isn't following the EU stuff... Lighten up Francis... Everyone is screaming "Do the EU stories". And then shouting foul every time someone says they aren't using the EU materials. That doesn't mean that should all this make money hand over fist, that they won't eventually mine that area of fandoms favorite tales. They are just launching something new first. Who's to say that you won't absolutely LOVE what they come up with even more than the EU stuff you are pushing to get adapted now. Give it time. It's and exciting time to be a Star Wars fan. Bask in the warm afterglow of the Lucas/Disney deal. Cuddle for a bit.

New Member LegacyJedi Endordude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    For most of you older guys, yes I beleive so. Nostalgia is a strong motive. Being a Prequel/Clone Wars generation fan, I never had to worry about that. But with a new movie coming out, I just hope I don't become dissapointed like some of you original generation fans.