Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hmmm... Peter didn't say his famous catch phrase this issue, I thought according to MJ and Carlie he says it all the time.

Otherwise, it was an ok issue. Not big on the abusive parent thing, since it's pretty cliche as far as Marvel character origins go. (Hulk, Green Goblin, etc.) I think Remenders even retconning it into Captain America's origin right now. Also, I thought SpOck destroyed the "spider-signal" at the start of the comic, how'd they get it repaired so quickly? (And why, since SpOck said it was a bad idea to have one.)

Wow this issue was solid top to bottom. It seems like Parker and Ock are going to learn a lot about one another this series.

Good issue, some interesting developments, but I did feel it was the weakest of the three issues so far. That "hurting children!!!" part read wrong to me. Like Doc Ock really gives a fuck about children when he held the whole world at ransom just to prove a point.

GREAT Stegman artwork, though. His best work yet on this book.

Strong issue. One of Slott's best done in ones.

This is the best indication that Ock might actually succeed in becoming a good man. The change in his relationship with the Vulture is excellent, and it builds nicely on the villain's last appearance.

Spidey rooting through Ock's memories is also more interesting than his greek chorus role in the second issue.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Good issue, some interesting developments, but I did feel it was the weakest of the three issues so far. That "hurting children!!!" part read wrong to me. Like Doc Ock really gives a fuck about children when he held the whole world at ransom just to prove a point.

GREAT Stegman artwork, though. His best work yet on this book.
    It's a lot easier to do something when you're disconnected from it. There's a lot of psychological reserch on this point, actually, but it's perfectly conceivable for Ock to be fine with murdering the world, but balk at hurting a child with his own hands. One, as stated earlier, is a statistic, a consequence of pushing a button... the other is up close and personal, where you can see what you've done with your own bare hands. Also, let's remember that he's no longer locked in a dying body consumed with thoughts of his own impending annihilation. He's no longer at his lowest low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Strong issue. One of Slott's best done in ones.

This is the best indication that Ock might actually succeed in becoming a good man. The change in his relationship with the Vulture is excellent, and it builds nicely on the villain's last appearance.

Spidey rooting through Ock's memories is also more interesting than his greek chorus role in the second issue.
    I'd not say a 'good' man yet. But a better one. But what kind of man is a 'better' man for Ock?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars 'N Stripes View Post
    Kinda wonder what the naysayers who wrote SS-M off before a single issue hit think of the developments now.

What do you think? After one okay, one bad and one good issue, should that be enough to be a full on supporter, you mean?

I wouldn't say any of the issues have been 'bad' yet, myself.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-06-2013 at 09:28 PM.

This was a great read.

Loved it! Gimme more. 2 more weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I wouldn't say any of the issues have been 'bad' yet, myself.
    #2 was a misfire, IMHO. But this one was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    #2 was a misfire, IMHO. But this one was strong.
    I thought #2 was hilarious, myself. Admittedly, the thought of Spidey swinging form building to building, screaming, "I AM UNDONE AT EVERY TURN, BUT HOW?!?!" had me in stitches to begin with, so. I love it when Ock spouts off all the supervillain nonsense in completely ridiculous places. xD

"THE DIE IS CAST!"
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-06-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Did you like the Banana Pants pun?

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Did you like the Banana Pants pun?
    I didn't really care about it. It didn't diminish my enjoyment of the rest of the issue.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Good issue. This book is pretty good.

Also loved the Batman trolling.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison