Page 15 of 132 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SKJoker View Post
    Hickman has written everyone pretty much perfectly.

I feel bad for Cap, though.
    Agree with this entirely.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Theories about the destruction of the Infinity Gauntlet:

1. Subconsciously, Cap wanted it destroyed. Stark says the Gauntlet works as an extension of the wearer's will.

2. Cap didn't use the Gauntlet properly -- his vision / belief wasn't enough?

3. It wasn't Cap's fault, but the limitations of the Infinity Gems, that Black Swan mentioned, meant they'd only work once, but be destroyed? Or would they have worked more than once? She said they would buy them time, just not how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Theories about the destruction of the Infinity Gauntlet:

1. Subconsciously, Cap wanted it destroyed. Stark says the Gauntlet works as an extension of the wearer's will.

2. Cap didn't use the Gauntlet properly -- his vision / belief wasn't enough?

3. It wasn't Cap's fault, but the limitations of the Infinity Gems, that Black Swan mentioned, meant they'd only work once, but be destroyed? Or would they have worked more than once? She said they would buy them time, just not how much.
    I don't think you can destroy the gems even if you consciously wanted to. Reed tried, and it didn't work.

Unless they're just sort of re-writing the rules of the gem, which is always a possibility.

I wonder if any of the other ultra-powerful artifacts scattered around the MU will come into play here?

We know that the Thanos, the Watcher and Galactus know that something's up. With the secret out, it's going to be hard to keep the Big Dogs from all getting involved, even beyond the Galactus thing we know is upcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Ha! Granted, it sounds like they set him up to fail, but we knew Cap wasn't meant for this job.

I had a feeling it would be Strange who wiped his mind.
    I like how this turns into an exclusive club, now, because uninvited members are going to be shown the door and only founders are allowed to be Illuminati. I always wondered if there was anything special about the makeup of the group, and that question has now been answered.

"We are the only ones worthy to be the deciders of important critical threats, because we are so smart". I can't wait for Steve Rogers to learn he was once a member.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Wow, this issue was amazing

I actually found myself taking Captain America's Side. He didn't want to take the 'Lesser of Two Evils' or "Necessary Good" He wanted to find a way where there wouldn't be casualties. This is the first issue I read from this series so I can't comprehend what the big deal is. He saved two universes but at the expense of 5 out of the 6 Infinity Gems. So the Illuminati are pissed at him because they lost the gauntlet? Were they originally going to use it to destroy another world? Universe?

I wonder how Thanos manages to reassemble the Gauntlet? Gems from another Universe? Using the Time Gem to bring the others back?

I am also one of the readers that was never a big Captain America Fan. One of my reasons was, "He is too perfect." I found myself rooting for him. He wasn't incompetent like previous events. He was in character. Consequences are a burden every leader faces. I'm actually happy he got kicked from this group. He seemed really out of place with the Illuminati.

I also found Beast to be a hypocrite. His reason for not taking Steve's Side was Mutant Survival? He was a key player in fighting the man that was responsible from preventing their extinction!
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 02-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Well--looking at Bendis comments about GoG, it's possible that more will notice? The infinity event has earth on the brink of galactic war. If someone found out about the incursions--would they try to destroy earth to save the universe? Just speculation---but ish has hit the fan indeed.

That's the question, if earth is destoryed out right--then would the 616 universe face incursions?
    The Lords of the universe have outright said, no one is allowed to touch the Earth. Maybe they already know about the Incursions, as thats why they stated it in Avengers Assembled?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Holy crap. I just thought of something.

The conversations between Reed and Black Swan had me thinking. Of Malice specifically.

Could B. Swan be an alternate reality Sue Storm?
    What about that conversation gives you that impression, other than that she's blond and has a dark costume with flowing tentacles like Malice used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    Wow, this issue was amazing

I actually found myself taking Captain America's Side. He didn't want to take the 'Lesser of Two Evils' or "Necessary Good" He wanted to find a way where there wouldn't be casualties. This is the first issue I read from this series but I can't comprehend what the big deal is. He saved two universes but at the expense of 5 out of the 6 Infinity Gems. So the Illuminati are pissed at him because they lost the gauntlet? Were they originally going to use it to destroy another world? Universe?

I wonder how Thanos manages to reassemble the Gauntlet? Gems from another Universe? Using the Time Gem to bring the others back?

I am also one of the readers that was never a big Captain America Fan. One of my reasons was, "He is too perfect." I found myself rooting for him. He wasn't incompetent like previous events. He was in character. Consequences are a burden every leader faces. I'm actually happy he got kicked from this group. He seemed really out of place with the Illuminati.

I also found Beast somewhat hypocritical. His reason for not taking Steve's Side was Mutant Survival? He was a key player in fighting the man that was fighting for Mutant Survival!
    Yeah, if nothing else he was clearly out of place with this collection of people.

And that's probably why at the end of Avengers 3 he was labeled "life" while Stark was labeled "death."

That's an overly dramatic way of pointing out that they're not on the same page.

I honestly think something is going to happen with the time gem to bring the others back, is it wasn't shattered, just gone. But that's assuming they are actually destroyed.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

i cannot wait for the watcher, galactus and thanos to show up all "...sup?"

Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    i cannot wait for the watcher, galactus and thanos to show up all "...sup?"
    Fun times.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit old school but in the end I still don't see them doing it. I think in the end Steve will be right now for his sake but for theirs... I think marvel will find some sort of third option beyond the Illuminati destroying every earth that comes into collision with ours because they won't want the blood of billions of innocent lives on these characters. Maybe some of them can get away with it, but not all.

But we'll see.
    You think about it. We have been shown other Earths in other Universes have been destroyed with all their super heroes and their Illuminati. What would the 616 Illuminati have to do that is any more effective than what those other Earths tried? To me, this is a very deadly game, and by that I mean if the Illuminati do find a solution, they may be dead afterwards. It's that serious. But I don't know where Marvel are going to be going with this as far as status quo is concerned, because killing off the Illuminati would completely change the MU.

Looks like Steve got the Hulk treatment. The turn around on this is going to be very interesting.

Can't wait to pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Yeah, but it always starts with earth--so destroying it might actually prevent the incursion from even occurring at all and that's the thing--if other intergalactic empires find out--they will try to destory earth--to save the universe rather chance at killing off a AU Earth.

I guess the question is--can a incursion still start without a starting point--which is always Earth?
    For Marvel to kill Earth, AU or any other, I do think a lot of threads would have to be ignited at once. like Age of Ultron, like Incursion, like Ragnarok, like the crunch, and a few others all in one. If you were going to end the MU you would have to bring so much crazy all at once that all you can imagine happening next is the end.