Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Sooo...she's tearing up why?
    Because Teen!Scott has just found out that Teen!Jean knew they were married (she'd HAD to have seen it when she pulled details from Beast and Logan) and that she didn't see fit to tell him.

It's emasculating and embarrassing for him, and he lashes out at her. She's not crying for a lost future, she's crying because something she did not feel like sharing has been discovered by the other party.

Now that I'm done being sensible, it's back to mocking Teen!Scott. That whiny little dullard!
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Go take a chill pill ProfeZZor X's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    You didn't like Teen Iceman's little scene?
    Kitty wanted him to do fifty pushups, big deal... I didn't read any more into that scene than what I had to. I suspect she's also taking her frustrations out on him to some degree because she's dating the older version of him and knows how he's going to turn out as an adult. I suspect that at some point she'll snap, out of frustration, and say something to the younger Bobby to make him realize how much of an immature asshole he is as an adult. That may get conveyed back to the older Bobby, which may change his demeanor for the better, or at least get him and Kitty talking to better their relationship... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Because Teen!Scott has just found out that Teen!Jean knew they were married (she'd HAD to have seen it when she pulled details from Beast and Logan) and that she didn't see fit to tell him.

It's emasculating and embarrassing for him, and he lashes out at her. She's not crying for a lost future, she's crying because something she did not feel like sharing has been discovered by the other party.

Now that I'm done being sensible, it's back to mocking Teen!Scott. That whiny little dullard!
    Yeah, I think I like your interpretation better than what I assume was meant by the scene. Running with it until I read otherwise. And yes, let the mocking recommence!

On another note: I just realized that I would be totally prejudiced against certain types of mutants. Telepaths and shape-shifters would creep me out. Mind-thieves and shifty deceivers, all of them. (Irony intended)
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Pressman View Post
    Nope! Not just you. David Marquez is awesome.
    Ditto. That reference alone made this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    That's a lot of cash BTW in that safety deposit box. Those look like stacks of $15k maybe $20k in $100 bills. That's $75k-$100k in that little box.
    You wanna know the really bad news? Because the money was placed in the safety deposit box, it was not able to accrue interest. So, unless Scott has been making additional deposits over the years, he has actually gotten poorer due to inflation:

Assuming that he joined the X-Men around 15 years ago, $100,000 would have the same buying power as about $141,000 today.
    Still, could be worse...
    When X-Men first hit the shelves in 1963, $100,000 would have the same buying power as around $750,000 today.

He would of been better off investing it in hookers and blow.

Wait, maybe that somehow explains his relationship with Emma.
    Last edited by Blue_Collar_Nerd; 02-06-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Collar_Nerd View Post
    You wanna know the really bad news? Because the money was placed in the safety deposit box, it was not able to accrue interest. So, unless Scott has been making additional deposits over the years, he has actually gotten poorer due to inflation:

Assuming that he joined the X-Men around 15 years ago, $100,000 would have the same buying power as about $141,000 today.
    Still, could be worse...
    When X-Men first hit the shelves in 1963, $100,000 would have the same buying power as around $750,000 today.

He would of been better off investing it in hookers and blow.

Wait, maybe that somehow explains his relationship with Emma.
    Unless you know the government were to accuse him of crimes against humanity and seize his assets or something. Stuff in a safe deposit box isn't an investment, its insurance. Investments make you money, insurance cost you money. You need both.
    Black characters always get looter powers.
    ~darknessatnoon

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Does original Jean even know about Rachel and Cable yet? Hell isn't Nate Grey still running around in the 616?
    She knows everything. She learned the truth about her older self's life back in issue 5

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    The only problem I have with the issue is that Mystique showed up as Wolverine to get Cyclops out of a bank....really?!!! Xmen cant get on computers and read the news that one of the biggest anti-heroes....who is supposed to be in jail....shows up and Wolverine comes to snatch him back....no one is going to be able to put two and two together and realize he talked to Mystique??!!!!
    Agreed that it's because most bank institutions would rather not advertise a mutant let alone public mutant enemy number one visited the premises. That being said were talking about a group that has more than one mind reader yet somehow the writers ignore that and make them suffer mutiple betrayal attempts. Sometimes from their own teammates. You would think that they would be prepared. Nope comes across as a Luke finding out Darth Vader is his father moment.

With Mystique more than likely being around the 05 in disguise makes me wonder if they plan to do anything with Iceman and Mystique. After rereading the X-men manifest destiny trade he did not seem to angry at having been thrown out of a exploding plane, poisoned and pretty much having been screwed over by Mystique. Bendis will probably not use that but who knows. Makes a interesting and sick love traingle between Mystique, Kitty and Iceman.
    Last edited by sureshot; 02-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Wouldn't Cable's birth certificate have been in that box though. I mean to me that seemed like something that would have been in that box. Thats the one thing i thought was really missing in this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Wouldn't Cable's birth certificate have been in that box though. I mean to me that seemed like something that would have been in that box. Thats the one thing i thought was really missing in this issue.
    Cable was born on the kitchen floor of the mansion, not a hospital. Then Sinister erased all traces of the baby's existence circa X-Factor 12.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Petty emotions like feelings of betrayal and revenge are beneath Sinister. Dude took Gambit back as a Marauder in MC complex afterall.
    True and good point about Sinster taking back Gambit as a Marauder in the MC. Except Mystique unlike Gambit did not kill him off and attacked off guard and from behind to boot. Notice also that unlike Gambit who may say is "free of Sinster" after Sinster dies in MC he does nothing really to be free of him. Mystique actually did all the dirty work. I'm not saying they will never ever work toghether. Yet I would expect him to get some sort of revenge or at the very least betray her at the moment she needs help the most imo. With coming close to as a actual true death in AVX I would be surprised if he wanted someone so untrustworthy and manipulative anywhere near him. At least for now. And as for plain revenge why not. I actually would like to see sinster get some sort of revenge. More belivalbe imo.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Cable was born on the kitchen floor of the mansion, not a hospital. Then Sinister erased all traces of the baby's existence circa X-Factor 12.
    Ok, so maybe not a birth certificate, but i still think there would have been something about his kid in there.

BANNED

Ok, so maybe not a birth certificate, but i still think there would have been something about his kid in there.
    Like maybe the order he gave Wolverine to kill him?

Present Day Cyclops has hardly said 10 words to his daughter since she found her way back from outer space.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Present Day Cyclops has hardly said 10 words to his daughter since she found her way back from outer space.
    In his defense, she's a future-baby from an unconfirmed timeline. At least Nathan is 100% confirmed to be his.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.