Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    In a recent interview, Dan Slott said we would find out what happened to Peter sooner than later. I think it's really Peter. When he tried to switch bodies at the end of 700 he beamed himself in it just wasn't enough for a full transfer because of the plating doc used to prevent the switch from happening.
    Slott said he would show why it look liked Peter was at peace with Ock at the end of 700 and what change between that and SS1. I think Peter's plan at the end was him stalling Ock while working on some thing else and that something else put him back in his body.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by xElijahSnowx View Post
    I hope to God, not.

Considering what we know so far: Slott has got at least a year's worth of stories, already planned. We have the next (issue 3) "one & done," followed by the first longer arc. Then "FIRED." And we know Miguel O'Hara (2099) is supposed to be popping up at some point in the future as well...it would be...almost exhausting to have Peter yammering directly to Otto, and have him yammering back - amidst trying to tell a story, focus on the return of Spider-Man 2099, focus on something OTHER than the yammering dialogue b/w the two. I sincerely hope that we don't have to deal w/ any more of Peter than we already do...which is already far and above too much.
    I wonder about 'Fired'. I'm thinking maybe that 'Fired' will be leading us to thinking he's gonna get fired from the Avengers, and Otto will be so busy dealing with that that he'll, instead, wind up getting fired from Horizon Labs. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I wonder about 'Fired'. I'm thinking maybe that 'Fired' will be leading us to thinking he's gonna get fired from the Avengers, and Otto will be so busy dealing with that that he'll, instead, wind up getting fired from Horizon Labs. xD
    Yeah you could be right. The Avengers have Wolverine (and now basically everyone) and they're going to kick Spider-Man out for acting like d-bag? Fired might feature the Avengers not exactly thrilled with Spider-Man's behavior but focus on him losing the Horizons gig.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    Doubtful seeing as we keep seeing Patrick Swayze-esque Peter haunting himself
    Which could be a visual cue for the reader and more symbolic than literal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The story has implied that Peter has control. But it could also be that Peter has no control and that Peter's body just has some residual conscience that is in operation. I find it doubtful that Ock is struggling with himself over what to do.

My money is on the notion that Peter exhibits influence, but not control. And it could well be that very soon Ock will find a way to negate or ignore the influence.
    Probably the best and most likely explanation. Giving Pete tenuous control or influence but not total control preserves the option for potential conflict between Pete and Ock and it preserves the drama. If Pete has total control we never have to wonder what Ock will (or won't) do and the question instead becomes stuff like, well why doesn't Pete just have Ock turn himself in if he can control his body? Why doesn't he just have Ock sit down in a brain descrambling machine?

Default Superior: I'm Callin' It ...

Ock and Peter are going to either:

A) Fight for supremacy over the body. ie. They will swap back and forth, fighting for control ...

Or

B) At a certain point 'not too far off':

Pete get dominance, with Doc's consciousness and abilities suppressed and fighting to regain control.

Loads of unpredictability and fun ensue.

*buh-ZING!*

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Ock and Peter are going to either:

A) Fight for supremacy over the body. ie. They will swap back and forth, fighting for control ...

Or

B) At a certain point 'not too far off':

Pete get dominance, with Doc's consciousness and abilities suppressed and fighting to regain control.

Loads of unpredictability and fun ensue.

*buh-ZING!*
    I think it's a bit of a ways off. Also, I think if Ock gets kicked out of the Avengers, we're gonna see him form his own Superhero team.

THE SUPERIOR SIX. D: D: D:

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

im calling it,

issue 25 will be a double sized issus and mark the end of Spocks control over Petes body
    Ock will then end up get a fresh body cloned from Jackle
    it will convert back to Amazing Spider-Man starting with with issue 726
    Superior will continue with issue 26 with Spidey 2099 at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    im calling it,

issue 25 will be a double sized issus and mark the end of Spocks control over Petes body
    Sounds good to me.

I'm calling it. The Punisher hears that Doc Ock is running around in a Spider-Man suit, so he kills him. No one complains.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think it's a bit of a ways off. Also, I think if Ock gets kicked out of the Avengers, we're gonna see him form his own Superhero team.

THE SUPERIOR SIX. D: D: D:
    I wonder who he would recruit?

real world
    a) optimistic path: Slott will stick to his gun and will try to tell the story he wants without any disruption
    b) pessimistic path: the negative response to ssm will make Slott retcon series pretty quickly, and it'll be treated in the same vein as omd, or clone saga.

comic books
    a) the fight for supremacy is possible, but a little bit cheesy way
    b) figment of imagination? schizophrenia? a bit of the soul in parker's body? who knows?
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Quote Originally Posted by DimitriKalashnikov View Post
    I wonder who he would recruit?
    See. I think that's a really interesting question. And I hope that SpOck making his own super-hero team in his own arrogant way actually happens. Personally, I think he'd recruit younger, intelligent (but not smarter than him) heroes that he thinks he has a chance to mold in his own image. I think he'd fail, of course, ultimately because while Ock's diabolical genius is well suited to running a criminal enterprise, I don't think he's particularly cut out for leading a team of super *heroes*.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-06-2013 at 05:42 PM.

I think that in the next months Peter is going to take even more control over Ock.
    If Peter becomes even the slightest visible then in no time,he will get a way to take a control over his body again.
    Nobody remembers when the ghost of Hammerhead was haunting Doctor Octopus way back,Ock was basically just living under the terms of the Hammerhead ghost,so this says that in no time Peter will get even more control over Ock.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    im calling it,

It might last 25 issues but you are completely off with everything else and i'd bet any amount of money on it.

Superior is akin to Peter Parker, Sensational or Spectacular Spider-Man. It's in continuity but it has nothing to do with the numbering of ASM.

I think Steve and Dan realize that a story like this doesn't belong in ASM. This is it's own story, much to dark and twister for an extended time to be in the pages of ASM. This is the Superior Spider-Man.

Furthermore, Marvel would never start the numbering at #726. How does that make any sense?

Are you telling me that after the triumphant return of Peter Parker Marvel is going to pass up the ability to launch a title at #1?

You're crazy.

When Superior ends, ASM volume 3 will debut as a number 1. When the book reaches #50, the original numbering will be reinstated to 750 which sets up the road to ASM 800.

Regarding the thread, we didn't see any concrete evidence that Peter has or doesn't have limited control over Ock. There was the one scene where Ock asks Carlie if she said something and Peter wonders if he heard him. That was a fun moment but not a concrete example of anything. Great issue. Much better than ANXM7 and Avengers #5. Both titles are dragging. Yeesh... Beautiful art in all three books though.