In a constant state of being Forgiven and Loved.

Question Are any gaming headsets compatible with the Xbox 360, PS3, AND the Wii U?

I've never used headsets of any kind before. I don't intend to use it for voice chat, but I do want something that will play the game sound. But do they make any that are compatible with all three "current major" (whatever your own personal opinion is about that) systems? Specifically, I'm trying to find one that will work with Xbox 360 and Wii U.

And this may be incredibly basic, but I'm having trouble finding info on *how* they hook up:
    Do they attach to the systems or the tv?
    Are they corded usually or do they run on batteries? (I bet that would get expensive.)
    And if they hook to the tv, am I screwed since we still have an old-school vacuum tube tv?

I appreciate any info. I know most people already know about all of this, but I'm just learning. Much thanks for any help you can provide.
    I've got a great idea. How about we keep blaming the other party. Yeah. That's healthy.

Yeah, they're universal headsets. I don't know about the Wii U, I know they'll work for Xbox and PS3. I only bought the headset for the xbox though. The universal ones are f***ing expensive. Not saying the other ones are any cheaper though. Some range between $60-two hundred freaking dollars average. Of course the wireless ones would cost more. The brand Red Samurai I think is cheaper. But I don't really know the price. And you plug them to the system. Just make sure the headsets are compatible with the system you want to use it for.

They supposedly don't last long. (Some people complain about it's lifespan. And it looks like one of the speakers from my headset is breaking up.) I would say is better to use them when people are sleeping. The surround sounds are freaking amazing by the way. You can hear like, everything.
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

Fear me.
    And my serpent.

The Seven Sins of Star Wars

1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.