Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who would you cast as Namor?

This is my first official post on here I love the site and all the members although I've only been watching and reading all of your opinions. I now want to jump in and see everyone elses suggestions on this. I was wondering who would all of you fans think would be a great actor to fill the feet wings of Namor...I say Jason Issacs I'm not sure if he's still able to buff up but honestly the dude is Namor lol.

i have no real idea who i'd want to see play him, but i know who i definitely don't want to see and that's zachary bloody quinto. just because he played one pointy eared character doesn't mean he should play all of them, tumblr.

i think jason isaacs might look too old, though?

i'd like to see a poc cast. jason momoa has the naturally occurring eyebrows to be namor. daniel dae kim has the cheekbones.

Default R.i.p.

Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

I have to agree with that casting Hulk_Is.

I love Jason Issacs, but as Renne said, he's a bit too old, I think.

It's easier to say who I do NOT want to see Namor, than attempt to find an actor that could handle the role. Definitely NO to Zachary Quinto and the Rock.

Christian Slater. (unless he's too old) The eye brows are perfect, they just need to be thicker.

Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Eric Bana. He is a good actor and certainly has the physique to pull off the part. I think he could easily pull off the green speedo's. Not literally though.

A few years back, I would have loved James Marsters but I think he may be slightly too old now.

Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    i'd like to see a poc cast. jason momoa has the naturally occurring eyebrows to be namor. daniel dae kim has the cheekbones.
    I would like to see Momoa have a go at Namor, though his showing in Conan was a little weak.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Eric Bana. He is a good actor and certainly has the physique to pull off the part. I think he could easily pull off the green speedo's. Not literally though.
    as an australian i reserve right to completely and utterly veto bana, since this is all i can think about when he's mentioned (video also strangely appropriate given the thread)

yeah momoa was a little weak in conan, but he was rightly arrogant and kingly enough as khal drogo.

Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    as an australian i reserve right to completely and utterly veto bana, since this is all i can think about when he's mentioned (video also strangely appropriate given the thread)

yeah momoa was a little weak in conan, but he was rightly arrogant and kingly enough as khal drogo.
    Oh man, that was pretty horrendous. Still, I think he'd make a damn fine Namor.

Momoa as Drogo rocked, I think it pretty much made me fall in love with him.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I think the Dwayne Johnson/the Rock could pull it off.

Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the Dwayne Johnson/the Rock could pull it off.
    That would be awesome. He can call people Jabroni in Atlantian.

Looks way too young and un-majestic.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

You won't find more majestic than Dwayne "The Rock" "The Scorpion King" Johnson.

Jason Isaacs has too much of a goofy look on his face. There's always something about his facial expression that seems like he's joking and can't be serious.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Not many actors fit him. You need to be a) a good actor, and b) look bad-ass while in nothing but speedos! That's a TOUGH sell... hmmmm... I'll get back to you.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."