Default What titles of New 52 for a French guy ?

Hi everybody, from France !

Some month ago, I discovered the american comics, and particularly DC. I immediatly liked DC with the New 52 and some of other big story like Hush, Dark Mirror, Babel Tower, Grant Morrisson's Batman, Green Lantern Rebirth and more. But in France, my country, the publications concerning american comics are limited, too bad. In New 52, we just have a few titles translated into French.

But if I want more, I must to read the originals. But I don't speak english very well ! So can you say me what titles of New 52 do not seem too hard to understand, with relatively simple story and dialogue understandable for a french like me ^^?

Except the titles translated into French, I already read Green Lantern Corps and The Flash in English (both Volume 1). I understood Green Lantern Corps without too hard, but I need a few help from Google Translate ! And for the Flash, many help !

Thanks for help !
    Merci de votre aide !

I think you wouid do well with Batman and Justice League. Pretty easy to understand, very popular, fun storylines, great art, etc.

If you want to read the originals then New 52 isn't for you. :)
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

I too would suggest Scott Snyder's Batman.
    If you read Green Lantern Rebirth, did you read the rest of that collection? You should read ALL of Geoff John's Green Lantern collection.
    You might like the Crisis collection events too. It starts with Crisis on Infinite Earths (my favorite) and it ends with Final Crisis.
    Also, Flashpoint is pretty good.

Snyder's Batman is VERY verbose at times. I wouldn't call that a perfect in for someone who doesn't read the language too well.

It seems to me you want action and art driven books, and so in that vein I'd recommend

Justice League (by Johns)
    Aquaman (by Johns)
    Green Lantern (by Johns)
    Flash (By Manapul/Bootch)
    Animal Man (by Lemire)

Batwoman is, of course, beautiful and well worth it for the prettiness, but is extremely dense and verbose, and in that way may be offputting.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Batman Inc. with Nightrunner the Batman of France.

I'd say Flash and Green Lantern.

Wonder Woman is good, too. Chances are you know a little Greek mythology, so that might help follow the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Snyder's Batman is VERY verbose at times. I wouldn't call that a perfect in for someone who doesn't read the language too well.

It seems to me you want action and art driven books, and so in that vein I'd recommend

Justice League (by Johns)
    Aquaman (by Johns)
    Green Lantern (by Johns)
    Flash (By Manapul/Bootch)
    Animal Man (by Lemire)

Batwoman is, of course, beautiful and well worth it for the prettiness, but is extremely dense and verbose, and in that way may be offputting.
    Yeah but the storytelling in Batman is very easy to follow. I think you'd be able to understand what's going on in the story mostly by just looking at the art.

I like all the other recommendations there. Would recommend against Green Lantern just because the entire storyline is predicated on past years of stories.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I'm from Germany, and I think titles like Dial H and Demon Knights are more likely to appeal to somebody who grew up on European comics.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Good titles that I think won’t be too hard to follow would be:

Aquaman
    Batman
    Batgirl
    Birds of Prey
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad

Dial H and Batwoman are wonderful titles, but maybe the hardest ones to get into for someone not very good at English.

Keep away from Green Arrow, not because it’s hard to follow, but because it’s really bad!
    If my words and grammar are not correct, that's because English is not my native language! My English would have been far worse if I hadn't read original comics for decades though!

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zegreg63 View Post
    Hi everybody, from France !

Some month ago, I discovered the american comics, and particularly DC. I immediatly liked DC with the New 52 and some of other big story like Hush, Dark Mirror, Babel Tower, Grant Morrisson's Batman, Green Lantern Rebirth and more. But in France, my country, the publications concerning american comics are limited, too bad. In New 52, we just have a few titles translated into French.

But if I want more, I must to read the originals. But I don't speak english very well ! So can you say me what titles of New 52 do not seem too hard to understand, with relatively simple story and dialogue understandable for a french like me ^^?

Except the titles translated into French, I already read Green Lantern Corps and The Flash in English (both Volume 1). I understood Green Lantern Corps without too hard, but I need a few help from Google Translate ! And for the Flash, many help !

Thanks for help !
    Merci de votre aide !
    You have quite a few new 52 titles translated in French.
    You have the first two albums of Justice League, of Wonder Woman, at least the first album of Batman and Nightwing, Batwoman, Grant Morrison's Action Comics , Animal Man, Swamp Thing.....
    So I suggest you get all that in French (except Justice League, it's really not complicated), appart from Nightwing maybe, it's not that great (and i'm not a fan of Batman, but most people like it).
    As for stuff in English, you can try Detective Comics and Superman, starting with issue 13 for both. Dectective is considered decent, and Superman a bit of a hit or miss selon qui lit le truc, but both are relatively easy to read (there's some technobabble once in while in Superman, but honestly, it doesn't mean anything). I heard Green Lantern follows heavily the pre new 52, so it may not be that easy, but Flash (new 52 version, I mean) is considered a simple read. Supergirl is simple to read and is considered to be either great or at least decent by most readers. And I think Demon Knights is understandable enough.
    Voila voila......alors t'es de Clermont Ferrand, hein? J'avais une grand mère à Clermond Ferrant.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."