Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Default Next Marvel event -- Infinity

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...aser-fcbd.html

A Thanos centric event.

Thoughts, reactions...(for me...it's a bit too soon after AVX).
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

I'm not a fan of yet another Marvel cosmic story in light of AvX. My bigger issue is that they're already hyping up the next big event when Age of Ultron is right around the corner and that story, imo, should have been held off till after the first year of Marvel NOW.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

I agree it's too early, but it it's good-- a good event then I will be ok. That's the question.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I'm not a fan of yet another Marvel cosmic story in light of AvX. My bigger issue is that they're already hyping up the next big event when Age of Ultron is right around the corner and that story, imo, should have been held off till after the first year of Marvel NOW.
    Agreed.

And they're saying its the biggest event EVER!

I mean...really?

Well, at least the FCBD issue will be written by Hickman and pencilled by Jim Cheung (he doesn't do monthlies again does he?).
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Agreed. Could it be that this is their way of keeping the momentum going?

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Agreed.

And they're saying its the biggest event EVER!

I mean...really?
    If it's going to be Hickman and Cheung as the creative team on the book, it should at least be good on a technical level, but this is too much too soon. I guess they really feel they need something to keep them competitive against DC's Trinity War. Unfortunately, I don't think this is it. Heck Thanos just had a big arc with the launch of Avengers Assemble last year.

This is interesting.

Honestly I had thought Hickman was doing his own thing in his Avengers book, but if Hickman and the Avengers are involved then the cosmic stuff going on in Avengers (and New Avengers) might spill over onto the rest of the MU.

It makes sense I suppose... the cosmic scale that Hickman is going for in Avengers really should begin attracting the attention of people like the Guardians of the Galaxy. Especially if Stark is on all these teams (Avengers, Guardians, Illuminati).

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...aser-fcbd.html

A Thanos centric event.

Thoughts, reactions...(for me...it's a bit too soon after AVX).
    Yeah it is a bit too soon after AvX for me as well as I'd prefer it if they focused on NOW instead for a while but as long as it's good I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Could be I guess.

BANNED

I really wished they tried something new. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet? That's as threatening as Galactus coming to Earth again.

If it's going to be Hickman and Cheung as the creative team on the book, it should at least be good on a technical level, but this is too much too soon. I guess they really feel they need something to keep them competitive against DC's Trinity War. Unfortunately, I don't think this is it. Heck Thanos just had a big arc with the launch of Avengers Assemble last year.
    Yeah, they really should have waited for the release of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie to have a big cosmic event.

I guess their thinking is that they want to have some library of recent "important" work (Thanos Rising, the new GoTG and this Infinity thing) for fans of the movie that might want to get into the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    I think for the cosmic books, it's a way to build momentum.

Avengers don't need it... they're fine. But for cosmic marvel... for books like Guardians and Nova, they're essentially just getting out of the starting blocks. The last cosmic books we got prior to the upcoming batch was Annihilators... so marvel cosmic needs all the help it can get.

Plus we know that there's a Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out. So I think ideally they want a sucessful comic book franchise as a part of that package, and having a big event might help with that. It's hard to get any new team book outside of Avengers and X-Men to even last 12 issues... and I'm sure because of the movie they REALLY want Guardians to suceed.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This is interesting.

Honestly I had thought Hickman was doing his own thing in his Avengers book, but if Hickman and the Avengers are involved then the cosmic stuff going on in Avengers (and New Avengers) might spill over onto the rest of the MU.

It makes sense I suppose... the cosmic scale that Hickman is going for in Avengers really should begin attracting the attention of people like the Guardians of the Galaxy. Especially if Stark is on all these teams (Avengers, Guardians, Illuminati).
    Stark really does get around.

BANNED

Hey guys, guys, GUYS, watch me, I'm from the future:

A year before Dr. Strange's movie, they are going to make an event, where Dormammu is the villain. Don't ask me how I know this, but I'm telling you, Dormammu comes into the 616, and all the Avenger teams have to fight him.

Unexpected, right?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think for the cosmic books, it's a way to build momentum.

Avengers don't need it... they're fine. But for cosmic marvel... for books like Guardians and Nova, they're essentially just getting out of the starting blocks. The last cosmic books we got prior to the upcoming batch was Annihilators... so marvel cosmic needs all the help it can get.

Plus we know that there's a Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out. So I think ideally they want a sucessful comic book franchise as a part of that package, and having a big event might help with that. It's hard to get any new team book outside of Avengers and X-Men to even last 12 issues... and I'm sure because of the movie they REALLY want Guardians to suceed.
    What those books need is a $2.99 price tag. For people who read comics regularly, Nova and GotG aren't big enough names to warrant $4. They're not Spider-man. They're not the X-Men. While it may pay off in the short term, I don't see those books being sustainable at $4.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hey guys, guys, GUYS, watch me, I'm from the future:

A year before Dr. Strange's movie, they are going to make an event, where Dormammu is the villain. Don't ask me how I know this, but I'm telling you, Dormammu comes into the 616, and all the Avenger teams have to fight him.

Unexpected, right?
    You're probably right.