Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel's FCBD Teases Hickman & Cheung's Thanos Story: "Infinity"

Marvel Comics has released the first teaser for its Free Comic Book Day offering - a Thanos-starring image illustrated by Jim Cheung for a story by Cheung and Jonathan Hickman.

Full article here.

Another Thanos Infinity Story? I'll check it out, but I'm not the least bit excited about what this means for the next event.

Here's what I don't get about Marvel. Considering how powerful some cosmic characters are, why does Marvel cosmic get more chances than Marvel mystic? I mean guys like Silver Surfer can pretty much produce the same effects of someone like Doctor Strange.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I'll be getting this hope it's good.

BANNED

Thanos is reality headbutting.

But anyways, seriously? Their idea for the next event is Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet again? Why not try something new, daring, something that would build the Marvel Mythos instead of relying on nostalgia?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Thanos is reality headbutting.

But anyways, seriously? Their idea for the next event is Thanos getting the Infinity Gauntlet again? Why not try something new, daring, something that would build the Marvel Mythos instead of relying on nostalgia?
    Well it IS Hickman, so there may yet be an interesting wrinkle to this tale. Nevertheless, I think it's time they let somebody new rise up the ranks of cosmic baddie. Thanos seeking/achieving ultimate power has been done to death at this point. If they want comics that tie into Thanos's MCU appearance they already have the Infinity Gauntlet saga.

EDIT: The more I think about it the less enthused I am with Marvel as a whole. Just...*sigh*.

BANNED

MOTHER OF GOD YES!
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

SO Much WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Another Thanos Infinity Story? I'll check it out, but I'm not the least bit excited about what this means for the next event.

Here's what I don't get about Marvel. Considering how powerful some cosmic characters are, why does Marvel cosmic get more chances than Marvel mystic? I mean guys like Silver Surfer can pretty much produce the same effects of someone like Doctor Strange.
    Marvel mystic/magic just isn't as popular as Marvel cosmic. I remember they tried to do something with the magic corner of MU a few years back (the name of the "event" escapes me) but I don't think it was very successful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo_Tomasi View Post
    Marvel mystic/magic just isn't as popular as Marvel cosmic. I remember they tried to do something with the magic corner of MU a few years back (the name of the "event" escapes me) but I don't think it was very successful.
    Choas War. It was kinda a dud event.

Then again, all events are just about a super power villain wiping the floor with heroes til the last issues. Besides Heroes vs. Heroes. AvX was both of the above.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

I think it's too soon for another mega event.

Marvel should have given its NOW program at least a year to breathe.

Heck, Age of Ultron is coming in March throw in this "mega event" and it just seems like over kill.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

BANNED

REALLY Hope Cheung will be drawing the Entire Series, so we dont get another JRJR vs Olivier Coipel (AVX), or Brian Hitch vs Brandon Peterson (AOU)

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo_Tomasi View Post
    It was Mystic Arcana and it wasn't an event by common use of the word. It was a series of one-shots featuring a few Marvel mystics. That's it. There was no deep investment in fleshing out the mystic arm of the Marvel Universe like they gave Annihilation.

I'm sure if they actually tried something they could get some mileage out of it. DC seems to be finding success with their supernatural/mystic arm. I don't see why Marvel can't produce something of equal or greater value. They have a rich assortment of magic users, demons and deities. It's all there. Marvel just has to be willing to give it a go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    I think it's too soon for another mega event.

Marvel should have given its NOW program at least a year to breathe.

Heck, Age of Ultron is coming in March throw in this "mega event" and it just seems like over kill.
    we dont know if this should be classed as a Mega Event, it might just be a Major Extended series like Childrens crusade, hopefuly not too many books will tie into it beyond Hickmans avengers most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Choas War. It was kinda a dud event.

Then again, all events are just about a super power villain wiping the floor with heroes til the last issues. Besides Heroes vs. Heroes. AvX was both of the above.
    Chaos War...ehhhh. I wouldn't exactly call it a mystic event. That would be like calling Fear Itself a mystic event.

NEEDS MORE SILVER SURFER!!!

I better get a Silver Surfer ongoing out of this whatever it is!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Chaos War...ehhhh. I wouldn't exactly call it a mystic event. That would be like calling Fear Itself a mystic event.
    Well, Choas War was supposed to bring out Marvel's Mystic side.