Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I don't understand what Jean has to do with PAD's X-Factor revamp, but welcome to the church, .AČ.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    I don't understand what Jean has to do with PAD's X-Factor revamp, but welcome to the church, .AČ.
    We have to familiarise ourselves with the old rubbish to know just how much better the newer stuff was. For example:

Drab and dowdy

Hot2trot
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

I c, riding on Jean's coattails, as usual.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Weezy's work was not rubbish.

Now that's the Stroman I loved.

Asquared you are really going whole hog on this. Awesome and muchly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Too bad DC isn't putting out much of his work out on collections. I'd love to see Atlantis Chronicles in a beautiful collection,
    I would so buy that. Esteban Marato and PAD? YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! I LOVED his Alien Legion. I was somewhat disappointed by his work in the newest X-Factor.

double post
    Last edited by Rheged; 02-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.

These are great write ups A2. Good work.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Asquared you are really going whole hog on this. Awesome and muchly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    These are great write ups A2. Good work.
    Thanks guys! I realise most of it is at least a little superfluous, but it's always interesting to get some insight into the goings on behind closed doors at Marvel. The next section will both be briefer, and address the second-wave of X-Factor more directly.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Weezy's work was not rubbish.
    I was being facetious.

Admittedly I haven't read it in its entirety, so I'm not the best judge to begin with, but to me the main problems were those Simonson inherited: the cast and the premise, both of which were intrinsic to the book and so couldn't be significantly altered. Regardless, she worked around the issue, improving the usually dull dynamic shared between the O5 by bringing in their girlfriends: Candy Southern, Trish Tilby, Charlotte Jones, Opal Tanaka, etc. She also gave us the X-Terminators (Rictor! Boom-Boom! <3) and perhaps most importantly, Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    It's a great piece. There's a better quality, textless version here, but I chose not to include it since it's a photo rather than a scan.

Why not? Oftentimes a photograph is better quality than a scan.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Why not? Oftentimes a photograph is better quality than a scan.
    It's just not as squarely framed. Either way, I've linked to it above.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I was being facetious.

Admittedly I haven't read it in its entirety, so I'm not the best judge to begin with, but to me the main problems were those Simonson inherited: the cast and the premise, both of which were intrinsic to the book and so couldn't be significantly altered. Regardless, she worked around the issue, improving the usually dull dynamic shared between the O5 by bringing in their girlfriends: Candy Southern, Trish Tilby, Charlotte Jones, Opal Tanaka, etc. She also gave us the X-Terminators (Rictor! Boom-Boom! <3) and perhaps most importantly, Apocalypse.
    That's basically it. Simonson made something great out of what she was given. She gave Jean a strong judgemental-bitch personality while keeping the Cyclops a deadbeat. Most importantly though her run went along greatly with Claremont's.

But this is PAD's thread so I'll move on from that one.

Already learning something new. Never knew that Claremont pitched having Jean's sister, Sara, brought in in her stead. IMHO, both, this idea and using Dazzler would have been indescribably better than ressurecting Jean. As a great fan of the DPS, I have to say, IMHO, Jean should have stayed dead. The negative impact of her return far outweighed any positives. Lookinf foward to the next instalment.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Thanks guys! I realise most of it is at least a little superfluous, but it's always interesting to get some insight into the goings on behind closed doors at Marvel. The next section will both be briefer, and address the second-wave of X-Factor more directly.
    Not superfluous at all. Honestly I much rather enjoy reading about the workings and goings on, including the mindsets and opinions of the creators and editors of a book than reading endless gushing reviews about a historical run that offer basically no insight, only opinion.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Honestly I much rather enjoy reading about the workings and goings on, including the mindsets and opinions of the creators and editors of a book.
    Yeah, me too. In this age of constant PC, brownosing and spin, it's hard to get some realistc view of the true workings and backgrounds of the stories. Y'know, Layton departure from the book an d the almost 180° turn that Simonson took always intrigued me. Would you happen to have some backstory on it, .AČ? Even if it's not directly linked to the thread's subject.

Peace