Default Question about Spidey & Spidey-related mini-series

So I'm picking up EVERY Spider-man title like ASM, Spectacular, Web of, etc that I know of. But, I know there have been several mini-series/one-shots that weren't part of any particular title. Anyone know what I should pick up? I have 2 different Doc Ock series so far.

Negative Exposure & Out of Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by frizbfrizb View Post
    So I'm picking up EVERY Spider-man title like ASM, Spectacular, Web of, etc that I know of. But, I know there have been several mini-series/one-shots that weren't part of any particular title. Anyone know what I should pick up? I have 2 different Doc Ock series so far.

Spidey and the Human Torch by Slott (I'm With Stupid) would be a must on my list. Hooky also, just an odd off beat Spidey story featuring Bernie Wrightson on pencils. The SHort Halloween by SNL alumni Bill Hader and Seth Myers was also one I really enjoyed, though it has nothing in it that makes it a must read, no big events or anything, just a fun story.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

I'm with Schmed, Spidey and Torch mini is one of my favorites, same with Hooky. I read those all the time. Usually by my night stand when I need something fun to read, next to my Batman/Judge Dredd crossover. I just love the splash page with Judge Death showing his fears lol. Always makes me smile.

Try Spider-Man presents Black Cat. Spidey's only in it a little, but it's one of the few times she's been written and drawn well and is a really good read, well worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by frizbfrizb View Post

Well, I would also recommend both "Tangled Web" and "Webspinners", 2 short-lived but excellent anthology series that ran circa 2000. Both have excellent stories by rotating talent and are pretty easily available.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Spider-Man/ Human Torch is great.

Webspinners and Tangled Web are worth tracking down, although you don't need every issue.
    For Webspinners, I'd recommend Issues 1-3 (JM Dematteis's Mysterio), 7-9 (Joe Kelly depicts Spider-Man's prom), 10-12 (Paul Jenkins' first arc) and 17-18 (Spider-Man VS Sinister Syndicate by 1980s Amazing Spider-Man creative team.)
    Highlights of Tangled Web include Issues 1-11, 13-14 and 20-22

The good thing about mini-series is that you can make the logical decision to only buy those that were actually good.

Some recommendations...

Spider-Man/ Doctor Octopus: Year One- Retelling of the origin of Doctor Octopus.
    Amazing Fantasy #16-18: Gorgeously painted story of Peter Parker as he was deciding to become a superhero.
    Death & Destiny- A three-parter by Lee Weeks exploring the aftermath of Captain Stacy's death.
    Spider-Man Blue- A six part story by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale exploring the Gwen/ Peter/ MJ love triangle.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Definitely Spider-Man: Blue!

The One Shot with Spider-Man and the Infernal Man-Thing was a good read. Released I want to say 4-5 years ago.

Awesome...thanks!

The Amazing Fantasy issues Mets mentioned are in the Untold Tales Omnibus, which is well worth picking up. Those were a nice surprise in there.

Found Amazing Fantasy 16-18 today at my LCS. Also picked up a 3 part story called "The Thousands" or something like that. Never heard of it. Thought I'd give it a shot. And I picked up the "Fear Itself" 1-shot.