Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Nah, they need to use the Aquaman/JL crossover to bring Lori back, and have a love triangle going on for years in the Superman comic. A love triangle between a Kryptonian, a demi goddess and a mermaid? That's how you write comics.
    You want start a war between shippers, Lyla vs. Lori. Ok, here we go.

Superman wants to die with her.

Your turn.

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    You want start a war between shippers, Lyla vs. Lori. Ok, here we go.

Superman wants to die with her.

Your turn.
    Superman would have given up being Superman for Lori, and would have marry her while still in college.
    Think about it: that was Pre Crisis, at a time where Superman was his real self. And he would have given up his real identity,condemning himself to a long life as his "disguise", for the girl. Talk about commitment.
    (Okay, this is funnier when the object of the ship is more improbable than usual, gotta admit).
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Superman would have given up being Superman for Lori, and would have marry her while still in college.
    Think about it: that was Pre Crisis, at a time where Superman was his real self. And he would have given up his real identity,condemning himself to a long life as his "disguise", for the girl. Talk about commitment.
    (Okay, this is funnier when the object of the ship is more improbable than usual, gotta admit).
    Lyla kryptonianize him (whatever that means). With her he can be the person that he would really been if Krypton hadn't exploded, and not give up his identity as with Lori.
    Last edited by the Sun God; 02-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Lyla kryptonianaze him (whatever that means). With her he can be the person that he would really been if Krypton hadn't exploded, and not give up his identity as with Lori.
    Yeah, but at least with Lori, in the end he's still alive.
    (Okay, I'm gonna stop here, if you don't mind)
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Yeah, but at least with Lori, in the end he's still alive.
    (Okay, I'm gonna stop here, if you don't mind)
    I'm sure Johns will surprise us all when he'll reveal that the true new Superman's love-interest is the old lady from JL # 14.

Because only she can connects him to his Smallville roots and makes him human.

I'm sure Johns will surprise us all when he'll reveal that the true new Superman's love-interest is the old lady from JL # 14.

Because only she can connects him to his Smallville roots and makes him human.
    Haha, brilliant.

Haha, brilliant.
    Ok, now I have to go. If you want we can talk about Lyla via PM.

I hope we'll resume this crazy conversation later or another day. Bye.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Well, since we're in derail mode anyway, let's not forget his special connection to the For Tomorrow waitress. He probably knew her name too and didn't even tell her, the cad:

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

There's no way this "relationship" lasts past TRINITY WAR. The very fact that they've made a big deal in JL with Batman spying on them and knowing their "secret"....this whole Superman/Wonder Woman thing is just a plot line to get us fans stirred up and a build up to the big crossover this year. Now, that doesn't automatically mean "Lois and Clark forevah!", but anyone who thinks this is going to be the new status quo beyond 2013 is fooling themselves. If by January 2014 Superman and Wonder Woman are still an active couple in the DCnU, I will be completely shocked and will admit I'm wrong. In fact I will start a thread announcing how wrong I am.

Having said that, I liked the preview and I will likely be picking this up. I like Diggle's voice for Clark and even Diana here. I think ACTION is in good hands.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    Well, since we're in derail mode anyway, let's not forget his special connection to the For Tomorrow waitress. He probably knew her name too and didn't even tell her, the cad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Anything For Tomorrow Burns my EYES.....

Make the bad man stop....

Superman seems desperate for some sex so maybe he will have a foursome with WW and the Sirens and they will all end up with Kryptonian babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    Bottom line, Superman is with Wonder Woman now. As in, right now, in a brand new continuity in which Superman has never been romantically involved with Lois Lane. It's being tried in earnest fashion for the first time ever. People who are hung up on his connection to Lois (which will come to be; it's an inevitability) will never give this romance an honest chance and will jump at every perceived crack in hopes that the (no longer valid) status quo is restored sooner rather than later.
    Everyone here knows I'm a supporter of Lois and Clark as the central romantic story in Superman's mythology, but I've never argued that there's no room for other love interests. I've done quite the opposite, in fact. I've said I'd be fine with Superman dating other women for nearly a decade in this New 52 continuity before the story moved once again towards Lois and Clark. Other love interests, in my opinion, are not threatening but rather are a great way of underscoring what is so special and perfect about the eventual pairing of Superman and Lois Lane. But in order for me to embrace the telling of other love stories, I believe those stories should be written well and should serve both characters (Superman and his love interest). Unfortunately, I've found the writing of the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship in the New 52 to be inconsistent, sloppy, and cliche. If the new Ultimate Power Couple was being written well, I'd be along for the ride. In other words, I'm not being critical because I enjoy nitpicking something to encourage an "us vs. them" dynamic. I honestly believe the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship is being handled poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    Maybe Superman and Wonder Woman will end up having bondage sex in the Fortress of Solitude with the lasso of truth. This is one of the advantages of Superman dating Wonder Woman because if Superman was dating Lois he couldn't possibly have sex with her because he is a man of steel and she is a woman of cardboard and he would kill her while having sexual intercourse. However Wonder Woman is as powerful as Superman and thus capable of having intimate relations with him.
    Superman has had sex with Lois in his Fortress. It happened just this year, in fact, in Bryan Q. Miller's Smallville: Season 11, and it happened in Superman: Dooomsday and Superman II.

Last edited by misslane38; 02-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Everyone here knows I'm a supporter of Lois and Clark as the central romantic story in Superman's mythology, but I've never argued that there's no room for other love interests. I've done quite the opposite, in fact. I've said I'd be fine with Superman dating other women for nearly a decade in this New 52 continuity before the story moved once again towards Lois and Clark. Other love interests, in my opinion, are not threatening but rather are a great way of underscoring what is so special and perfect about the eventual pairing of Superman and Lois Lane.
    Well we have seen this month that Wonder is his "current lover", as described by Lobdell. That seems to indicate its not the end of the story.
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I laughed far too hard at this...

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    "joke
    /jōk/
    Noun
    A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline."
    Last edited by Aquacatlungfish; 02-05-2013 at 01:37 PM.

BANNED

He also has the best signature ever.