Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Have a horrible feeling that Superman will just turn out to be faking, thanks to his superhearing and ends up saving Diana. But I wonder what just happened to Eros?
    Is there any particular story that makes you think Superman is faking having that glowy eye effect as well as knowing exactly what they're trying to do to him, despite not really knowing much about them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    You don't read Justice League, do you? He hasn't saved the day there in a while. Hell, he hasn't saved the day in any of DC's recent events, with the possible exception of Final Crisis But don't let that deter your Superman envy.
    Oddly enough all written by Geoff Johns, biggest Hal, Arthur and Barry fan working in DC...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Is there any particular story that makes you think Superman is faking having that glowy eye effect as well as knowing exactly what they're trying to do to him, despite not really knowing much about them?
    Mostly pessimism because that set-up seems to be all DC can do these days when it's not done by Azzarello.

Just asking, because another bunch of pessimists would say, "Oh great, more mind-controlled Superman stories..."

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

The first comment is what jumped out at me. EIGHT DOLLARS?! Is that the cover price?
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    The first comment is what jumped out at me. EIGHT DOLLARS?! Is that the cover price?
    Unfortunately. yeah, $7.99. It's 64 pages, with about 6 different stories.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Oh, and he is your nephew, not your cousin.
    Oh, and Eros calls Diana: "little cousin", too.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Maybe Wonder Woman just doesn't know her family well enough. It's too big for her to always know who is who.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Is there another preview link? Because when the page opens its so small you cant read the words.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

There's a preview for it here on cbr, Brett.

This is actually the best they've been written as a couple so far. But count me among the confused at Eros apparently being a demi-god rather than a god, and also him being Diana's cousin. Surely he's her nephew. I love the looks of the Sirens.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    "Surrender your lasso and bracers." Good move, Eros. Without her lasso, Diana's god mode could do nothing if Sirens are singing! Speaking of her lasso, it's finally useful in the New 52!
    And poor Diana; to be ashamed of her family. Ha!
    ...so annoying... they're bracelets, not bracers...
    M

I thought Diana had forgiven mummsy earlier in the series... this doesn't sound like she's truly let go of it.

Last edited by RMAN63; 02-04-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I thought Diana had forgiven mummsy earlier in the series... this doesn't sound like she's truly let go of it.
    She forgave Hippolyta, pretty much, in 4 but that was before she found out about the other big lies in 7. In 15, when she talks to Hephaestus, she looks downcast when she alludes to things Hippolyta didn't tell her, so we knew that she wasn't really over it (and really, how could she be?) It's been clear (to e, at least) that she is still proud to be an Amazons, but that doesn't mean she's OK with everything she has found out. I do think she sounds a little more brooding here than Azz writes her, though.
    Last edited by slvn; 02-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    She forgave Hippolyta, pretty much, in 4 but that was before she found out about the other big lies in 7. In 15, when she talks to Hephaestus, she looks downcast when she alludes to things Hippolyta didn't tell her, so we knew that she wasn't really over it (and really, how could she be?) She might sound a little more brooding here than Azz writes her, though.
    I think it's just that HERE she talks about it and addresses it directly. Under Azzarello, she doesn't. Although I must admit they're probably writing this for Wonder Woman readers and non-readers alike so they have to be concise and flatly point out the issues. On another note, I'm having a little *kaff kaff... yak* moment with the artwork here. Those breasts don't look.... umm... natural. I didn't know they had those types of surgeons on the island.

I'll have you know Rob that Hephaestus made those breasts for her. Perhaps he's better with weapons than boob jobs.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I think it's just that HERE she talks about it and addresses it directly. Under Azzarello, she doesn't. Although I must admit they're probably writing this for Wonder Woman readers and non-readers alike so they have to be concise and flatly point out the issues.
    Heph brings up her mothers' secrets in 15, and she still seems disturbed by them, as one would expect (though it's true that she doesn't exactly talk about it, we're able to infer something about how she feels):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Picture (2).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	108135
    Last edited by slvn; 02-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.