View Poll Results: What was the only good thing about AVX

Voters
27. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Karasu and Sojobo

4 14.81%
  • Kieron Gillen

15 55.56%
  • Moon!Jean

8 29.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Default Karasu and Sojobo: Phoenixii of Death

After Hope killed the original Jean Grey when she uncreated the WHR along with everything Phoenix, did a powerful new cosmic bird enter the scene?

When the Messiah took Phoenix to the meat-grinder and made mutant sausage, she did a pretty bad job. Look at Eye Boy- to extend the metaphor, he would be made up mostly from bits of Jean's intergalactic spleen. When we first saw Hope's abominations, it was pretty dismal. But was there more to the story?

Look at the soulless husk looking thing in the foreground of this picture. Chisel the glaze from your eyes with something sharp, then look deeper. Birds. Black and White birds- and they just ate that mutant's inner-self. It's clearly the first known appearance of Karasu and Sojobo. Immediately after the cinders of the Phoenix died, out two ash-themed powerhouses arose, massive psionic Raven gestalt in tow. It seems that after hatching, they quickly made their way across Asia for their first meal.

Surely the Phoenix had better things to do than charge across the galaxy just to make Shark Girl. That's can't have been it's goal. If it's role in the cosmic scheme was vital and the universe abhors a vacuum, perhaps this Deathly Raven has risen to set things right. Remember that Kun lun/phoenix stuff from AVX? Not really right, but there was probably a yin/yang symbol in there somewhere. The Ogun Twins are all about that stuff. Was Sojobo's "death" necessary as part of their continued Yin Yang gimmick? Through the twins the Raven feeds off the Phoenix phailures, but to what end? Who will mourn for Eva Bell?

Made of smoke and steam (from the extinguished flames of Jean Grey..?)
    Last edited by Atomiq; 02-04-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: eventual proofreading

Ah, yes... Yet another troll thread riding on Jean Grey's back! Keep 'em coming people! Keep 'em coming -- the more neo-followers the better
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-04-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Ah, yes... Yet another troll thread riding on Jean Grey's back! Keep 'em coming people! Keep 'em coming -- the more neo-followers the better
    This is about protecting Jean's legacy as much as anything, ZNOP. If Jean was in charge of cranking out new mutants she'd have just given them the power of Home Economics instead of a cosmic insult like Jia.

My only complaint is that I can't vote for all three poll options. Otherwise, good thread with an interesting premise. You're onto something.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    My only complaint is that I can't vote for all three poll options. Otherwise, good thread with an interesting premise. You're onto something.
    I felt bad voting against Gillen myself but that's what he gets for dumping Hope from the end of his UXM.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Atomiq I like the way you think.

Kieron Gillen. Because justice.

Jia Jing being an abomination created from pieces of various other mutants makes everything sensible.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

BANNED

I like X-Men Legacy just fine, but if any of the current stock of characters are still relevant in a year's time, I'll eat my hat. Legion included.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

The Phoenix wasn't destroyed, it was dispersed across the planet. It has been fragmented before, It will eventually pull Itself back together. And the new crop of mutants is totally lackluster--did evolution really need the likes of Eye-Boy and Mudbug?
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    The Phoenix wasn't destroyed, it was dispersed across the planet. It has been fragmented before, It will eventually pull Itself back together. And the new crop of mutants is totally lackluster--did evolution really need the likes of Eye-Boy and Mudbug?
    If anything, they were meant to be Morlocks.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    I felt bad voting against Gillen myself but that's what he gets for dumping Hope from the end of his UXM.
    He probably wasn't allowed to use her.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Retired
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Pretty much this. You can't destroy the force of life and evolution.

Why does everyone keeps saying the phoenix is dead? Did marvel say something? Seems pretty damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenera View Post
    Why does everyone keeps saying the phoenix is dead? Did marvel say something? Seems pretty damn stupid.
    I think Tom Brevoort said it was, although he isn't the best with continuity.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I think Tom Brevoort said it was, although he isn't the best with continuity.
    Brevoort's so bad with continuity he probably thinks the Phoenix is what destroyed Superman's home planet, and that Crossbones killed Batman's parents.

We need to get Bendis on those stories right away!