Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connor Hawke

Sherwood Forest on Earth2 & Jersey Pine Barren Earth 18

Default Connor Hawke

What happened to Connor Hawke?Please bear with me but I was away for awhile & the last comics I read were Civil War & Rise & Fall
    Last edited by Green Arrow Jr.; 02-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow Jr. View Post
    What happened to Connor Hawke?Please bear with me but I was away for awhile & the last comic I read was Battle of the Planets meets the Thundercats.
    He doesn't exist any more.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BANNED

If we're lucky, he'll exist on Earth-2.

Yes, if we are lucky! Loved the character in Green Arrow. I actually asked the artist, Rodolofo Damagio at the time, for a picture and he drew me an awesome one with Connor and Robin (Tim)....I think I was him biggest fan and was shocked to received it in the mail autographed to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    If we're lucky, he'll exist on Earth-2.
    Earth-2? Are there two Green Arrows? Shoot... I wish there were, 'cause you just gave me a great idea! If there were two Oliver Queens, imagine Jim Lee designing a really kick-butt version of GA's old green and red golden age suit for the Earth-2 archer!
    Last edited by carloshll726; 02-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Well technically there was a Green Arrow on the original earth 2 and apart of the JSA i believe, so it would be easier to bring Connor hawke there as you could just make him the green Arrow of that earth who has taken over for his father who was the original GA of that earth.

Funny thing is that there was a Black canary was apart of the JsA so maybe we might see her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    Well technically there was a Green Arrow on the original earth 2 and apart of the JSA i believe, so it would be easier to bring Connor hawke there as you could just make him the green Arrow of that earth who has taken over for his father who was the original GA of that earth.

Funny thing is that there was a Black canary was apart of the JsA so maybe we might see her as well.
    Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) was a character that first appeared in the 1940's . . . back then, he was part of a team known as the Seven Soldiers of Victory.

He was one of the few Golden Age characters who still had a feature that continued from the Golden Age into the Silver Age, and he then became a "modern day" Silver Age character on what would become Earth 1.

I believe the Earth-2 Green Arrow's first post-Golden Age appearance (as a separate entity from the then current Green Arrow) was during Justice League of America #'s 100 - 102, when the JLA and the JSA teamed up and brought back the Seven Soldiers of Victory (back in 1972).

Black Canary was originally a late-Golden Age character who was a member of the Justice Society of America. She then appeared in the first of the JLA/JSA team-ups in 1962, but after her husband died during a later JLA / JSA adventure in 1969, she then decided to leave Earth 2 and came to Earth 1, joining the Justice League of America.

Then, in 1983, during another JLA/JSA team-up (written by Roy Thomas & Gerry Conway), it was retconned so that the Black Canary who had been a member of the JLA (since back in 1969) was really the daughter of the Golden Age Black Canary, though she had still been born on Earth 2.

As for Conner Hawke, he has no ties to Earth 2 . . . he was created well after the Multiverses ceased to exist. So the idea of suddenly dropping him into Earth 2 seems to be a stretch from what Robinson had been saying would happen with that concept.

Face it, aside from maybe showing up in Grant Morrison's future project Multiversity, Conner's chances of still existing are even less than the likelihood of John Boehner becoming a GoDaddy.com girl.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 02-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I never knew JSA had an Oliver Queen...

I had forgotten about Connor, but I liked his martial arts books.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Face it, aside from maybe showing up in Grant Morrison's future project Multiversity, Conner's chances of still existing are even less than the likelihood of John Boehner becoming a GoDaddy.com girl.
    Would Boehner make out with a fat, nerdy kid,... and then cry, afterwards?
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by carloshll726 View Post
    They didn't. The Oliver Queen of Earth-2 was mostly a solo adventurer with a sidekick (Speedy), but they eventually joined the original Seven Soldiers of Victory.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Not every Golden Age character from Earth 2 was a member of the JSA (though many were part of the All-Star Squadron, which included the JSA's heroes).

I think Morrison has said he'll appear on the 90s Earth in Multiversity? (not sure about that one)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I think Morrison has said he'll appear on the 90s Earth in Multiversity? (not sure about that one)
    That's correct, he has said that.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Sherwood Forest on Earth2 & Jersey Pine Barren Earth 18

I thought he was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory on Earth 2

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow Jr. View Post
    I thought he was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory on Earth 2
    I'm not familiar with that...