Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    For all the rampant fanboy whining about how horrible Justice League has been, it has consistently sold more than Morrison's JLA.

By issue #7, Morrison's JLA was at 103K. Johns' and Lee's last Justice League issue before the Throne of Atlantis arc began was at 120K (I think it's issue 12).

By issue #15 JLA was at 109K. Justice League # 15 which is in the middle of Throne of Atlantis is at 115K. I don't think Justice League has reached below 110K yet.
    Not bad for a book with no incentive/variant covers coming out at the height of the 90's crash.

patience gone in 3, 2... GokaiRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    This post made me laugh a little. That comic is a year and a half old. If DC's supposedly premier super-hero team can't gel after a year and a half, then maybe all of them should be rotated out.
    Part of the problem for me was the decompression. Sometimes that can be good, depending on the style of the story being told, but particularly in ensemble, plot-driven books, this can become a bit of a problem. With the number of issues in a year and a half, you could have a plethora of different stories focusing on many characters, or you can have a very small number of stories that take up a tremendous amount of issues to get through, month after month. I prefer the former.

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Because they made them to different from their own book. Take green lantern is a jerk or wonder woman she way too different from her own book. So hot head.The post crisis JL was better then this crap.
    Well that can't be it, since Justice League is doing better than both of Green Lantern and Wonder Woman's solo. In fact in January it did better than every single other comic book with the exception of Batman and the first issue of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest Hero View Post
    Because it isn't that great. I've thought about dropping it a bunch of times.
    But you haven't actually dropped it? If people who didn't like the book followed through on their threats on dropping it, maybe that'd send DC the right message.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    This post made me laugh a little. That comic is a year and a half old. If DC's supposedly premier super-hero team can't gel after a year and a half, then maybe all of them should be rotated out.
    So basically Robinson's JL? How well was that doing?

I'm an X-Men fanboy who got into DC via Green Lantern and while I pull Batman yea, Justice League is def on my list. I've been liking it thus far

For me it's just because the decompressed stories aren't worth my money. I prefer buying trades.

Hal Jordan's absence is detroying the whole New52

I've bought the recent issues of Justice League (Throne of Atlantis) and have really liked it so far. Also, Black Adam has appeared in the Shazam mini story, so I HAVE to read it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    2.) The team is always squabbling
    This doesn't seem to hurt the Avengers, the X-Men, or basically pretty much every singlke last superhero team ever written about.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AstroShark View Post
    Hal Jordan's absence is detroying the whole New52
    Yes, like Darksied his death is slowly dragging the Multiverse into a hole at the bottom of reality! :)

I've been getting Justice League for the Shazam backup. And I don't even think the backup is that great.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    This doesn't seem to hurt the Avengers, the X-Men, or basically pretty much every singlke last superhero team ever written about.
    The Avengers and X-Men bicker and squabble, but for the most part, both of those teams still give you a sense that the members
    A) have a common goal
    B) want to be there
    C) ultimately DO get along, even if they don't agree about how to do everything.

I don't get that from the nuJL. I still think the frat boy mentality applies to how the team is portrayed. It's a bunch of alpha dogs and Cyborg who just happen to work out of the same base.
    Last edited by G. Wayne; 02-17-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viole_Grace View Post
    I've bought the recent issues of Justice League (Throne of Atlantis) and have really liked it so far. Also, Black Adam has appeared in the Shazam mini story, so I HAVE to read it lol.
    The whole series has been good and has been an excellent seller, and all the complaints you read are the vocal minority.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Because not even Johns and Lee's names can carry their phoning it in.

Throne of Atlantis has been better, though. It's a real shame though that the bar was lowered so much by them, prior, that this average story now comes across refreshing.

I still say it doesn't seem so bad. Just reread 1-6 in trade this week and it flows very fast as a crash course for everyone meeting one another. The head bashing seems to make sense seeing as it's a bunch of alpha dogs meeting at exactly the same time. It's not like this is a well established team with people that know each other admitting a new character at a time.

I'll have to reread 7-12 this week to see how it flows when done in one sitting. Which brings up another point...are #0 and 13-14 going to be collected? I was thinking that they might be tacked onto the end of Vol 2 but they weren't.

Unless it's going to be a small Vol 3 with all the of the Shazam backup stories included
    Ranking the Periods of X-Men History
    X-Book Marvel NOW Timeline
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    Because there are a lot of people who really just like Batman. There are people who buy nothing but Marvel, and Batman.
    Hey,that's me! Seriously though, I picked up Justice League. It was terrible. Last time a Justice League title was good was when Morrison was writing it (... and maybe also the first time a Justice League title was good??) So, that's why I don't read it. It seems like a kid's comic. And I'm a grown ass man. :)

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    It's not like this is a well established team with people that know each other admitting a new character at a time.
    I'd be inclined to agree with you... if it weren't for the five years that are supposed to have passed between the group's origin and the Graves arc. You could barely tell the group dynamics had changed in those two phases.