Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WTF comics - heroes changing colors? Bring back the blue

Read the Bleedingcool.com article about heroes changing colors over the WTF covers....and have to say

Bright Nightwing's blue back. Changing it to Red, to me, is as huge a deal as changing Superman's colors from blue and red or Batman's from black. It simply IS Nightwing to be blue and black, thats his thing. Changing him to red like the other Robin's is just, ....silly, and makes no sense.

And while we're on the subject, DC, is Wonder Woman's shorts and boots blue or black? I first saw the red and black outfit from the new 52 and really thought it looked striking, just off set with her black hair perfectly. Now half the books show her with red and blue, the other with the red and black, between Batwoman, Justice League and her own comic. Make up your mind.

IcB

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Im right there with u man. Bring back the blue for Nightwing. Its not that the red is bad. It looks fine and i even kind of liked the red at first, but now i just find myself really missing the blue. Blue is just Nightwing's color. Not only in comics either but in every other outside media appearance of Nightwing too. Blue is still the color most commonly associated with Nightwing. At this point the red is counterproductive to Nightwing's general familiarity. Not too mention it'd help him stand apart. There is more then enough red in the bat family.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.

I think they're talking about Green Lantern though. Well Lanterns in general changing colors
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

It is probably Green Lantern, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was figurative.

Hal Jordan coming back as a Black Lantern, the end.

I agree. Nightwing's costume with the blue that he used for over a decade is iconic, and probably one of my favorite costumes of any comic book character ever. The red gives it a sinister tone that does not fit at all.

DC has made all sorts of changes like that, to me, often just to say, hey, we changed something. The Red costume is not my favorite, but it is what it is, and it's not changing back I fear.

I think it might be interesting to see Batman back in blue.

I do not get the outrage over Nightwing's costume changing from blue to red. It makes absolutely no difference, doesn't change the character one bit, and none of Nightwing's costumes have ever been even slightly iconic, other than maybe Disco Collar, which was iconically bad.

The black and red looks great. If anything, I think the blue made no sense in relation to the character's history.

BANNED

It's an aesthetic preference, simple as that. Black and red is extremely overdone at this point. It's the color scheme of almost everyone on the Teen Titans now.

I can see the overdone thing. But then, why not change some of the other characters as well? The Teen Titans have their own set of serious aesthetic problems, and most of them could use a drastic change, imo.

Lover of fine stories Mahou Otaku's Avatar

The best costume for Grayson is Batman's cape and cowl.

Though second to that, I'd rather blue over red honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I do not get the outrage over Nightwing's costume changing from blue to red. It makes absolutely no difference, doesn't change the character one bit, and none of Nightwing's costumes have ever been even slightly iconic, other than maybe Disco Collar, which was iconically bad.

The black and red looks great. If anything, I think the blue made no sense in relation to the character's history.
    I agree with you. I think the red is awesome!

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I can see the overdone thing. But then, why not change some of the other characters as well? The Teen Titans have their own set of serious aesthetic problems, and most of them could use a drastic change, imo.
    Because RED Robin and RED Hood have red right there in their name, and red has been staple to Robin since its inception. And while the color of his uniform might be a small thing, its a thing non the less. Robin egg blue has always been Nightwing's color, and still remains his color everywhere else. So to change it to red in the comics at this point, like i said, is just counterproductive.

Batwoman is also black and red. It is just such an overdone color scheme, especially within the Bat-line. It makes the character lose some of his uniqueness. Blue was his color and was the color people identified him as.

Changing it to red didn't do anything for the character other than making people constantly ask why it wasn't blue anymore. I mean everywhere else the character has appeared in the last 20-30 years it has been blue. From the Batman, Young Justice, and Teen Titan cartoons to the Arkham games and upcoming Injustice one. Even all merchandise related to the character is also blue and from a branding and commercial stand point it just doesn't make sense to change it unless they were going to change it across all incarnations, but that isn't happening.