Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Earth 2 #9 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...th-2-9-preview

Looks really good, I love Kendra Saunders in this universe. Excited for Dr. Fate, happy to have Nicola Scott back, nothing bad to say. This book is such a fun superhero read and definitely one of the "wins" of the New 52.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

As usual, best team book out in super hero comics right now. What else is there to say? Well, other than I'd love for it to come out twice a month.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Nice preview, I was a bit worried that Nabu was going to be phased out of this version so glad that he is retained. Also, now it shows that Kendra meeting Jay was not an accident but rather she was told where he was. All very interesting.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Looks like Alan has really annoyed Hawkgirl , judging by her target practice there
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Looks like Alan has really annoyed Hawkgirl , judging by her target practice there
    Means the feeling is mutual.

But I really do like what I see in this book, with Shayera being the sort of focal point that gets why they as Wonders need to stick together. That said I do wonder how she's managed to keep herself hiding from the World Army and what she did to tick them off in the first place?

Can't wait!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    But I really do like what I see in this book, with Shayera....
    Your referring to the wrong character. This Hawkgirl is Kendra Saunders not Shayera Hol.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Looks awesome. Love the weaponry adorning the retreat, as well as the fact that New Orleans is apparently retained as Kendra's home base of operations.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

This looks good
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Your referring to the wrong character. This Hawkgirl is Kendra Saunders not Shayera Hol.
    Ah bollox...too used to Hawkgirl=Shayera :S

This is the book I most look forward to every month. =)

Veteran Member

But I really do like what I see in this book, with Shayera being the sort of focal point that gets why they as Wonders need to stick together. That said I do wonder how she's managed to keep herself hiding from the World Army and what she did to tick them off in the first place?
    Maybe they know she's made potentially powerful discoveries (like the helm of Nabu), and they want to make military use of them (and of her, as a winged wonder), but she doesn't trust them (partially because of whatever Khalid said while wearing the helm and getting all prophetic).

As for how she hides--dunno. It does seem like a winged person would be conspicuous. Maybe Khalid worked some long-lasting concealment magic while wearing the helm, or maybe she's just that good.

When the Atom first arrives on the scene in #4, Kendra said to him, "I'm not going back, Al! Not alive, anyway!" I'm pretty sure she was previously a member of the World Army and ended up going rogue, probably when Nabu informed her of a greater threat the WA was ignoring.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Volkditty View Post
    When the Atom first arrives on the scene in #4, Kendra said to him, "I'm not going back, Al! Not alive, anyway!" I'm pretty sure she was previously a member of the World Army and ended up going rogue, probably when Nabu informed her of a greater threat the WA was ignoring.
    Either that or someone said something to her after she got the wings that equated to: "Come right this way Ma'am, we'd like to do a few experiments on you."

Kendra is an absolute badass! I definitely missed her last issue. Love how she's there to give everyone a reality check while kicking ass at the same time.