Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Grumpy Old Fan: New Ring Slinger Simon Baz Recharges "Green Lantern"

ROBOT 6's Tom Bondurant discusses how Geoff Johns' "Green Lantern" went "from a nice habit to a must-read" with the introduction of the fifth Earthling to wear a green ring, the Arab-American Simon Baz.

Full article here.

I've been reading Green Lantern and GLC only since the launch of the DCnU. While I'm generally aware of what's been going on in the series for the last couple years, it has still often felt like skipping to the last chapter of a book, as all the fallout from Johns' previous events is still being dealt with. As such, I agree with Tom that Baz is the first "post-Oan" Green Lantern. He came into the Corps with no knowledge of its convoluted history, which puts him on equal footing with newer readers like myself. I already enjoy reading things from his perspective more than Hal, Guy, or John, and as the character continues to develop I expect that he will be the go-to Green Lantern for this generation of comic readers.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Honestly, I think they're spelling Baz wrong. It definitely should have several Zzz's.

Bring back HAL!
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier