View Poll Results: How does Batman Inc. fit into the current continuity?

Voters
19. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Before New 52

4 21.05%
  • After New 52

1 5.26%
  • During New 52 (explain)

7 36.84%
  • Not in continuity/different universe

6 31.58%
  • Other (explain)

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman Inc. in continuity

So how does everyone view the Batman Inc Leviathan plot (not the Inc initiative) in terms of the New 52 continuity? I've come up with a few ideas

-Before New 52: basically this whole arc wraps up and the globe is able to recover. No mention of Inc because it's not relevant.
    -After New 52: rest of New 52 Bats happens before any of this takes place.
    -Simultaneous: no idea how this would work, just making it an option if someone has a good theory
    -Not in continuity/different universe: easiest, but cheap explanation

My personal choice is that it takes place after the New 52.
    Last edited by dubbauw; 02-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

I said during. Batman Inc has been mentioned in the Batbooks, and events from Batman Inc have been mentioned in the Batbooks.

Events that happened in Volume 1 did not happen exactly the same (e.g. Catwoman doesn't know Batman now), so the middle of Batman Inc was Flashpointed like everything else.

Last I heard, it's definitely part of New 52 continuity. How it fits in currently, I dunno. Snyder has been good about mentioning Inc, even using it as a reason for Bruce to rationalize why Joker abducted Alfred. The last part to Kevin Smith's trilogy is set to be the last pre-Flashpoint Bat-story.

Quote Originally Posted by SicSexSix View Post
    Last I heard, it's definitely part of New 52 continuity. How it fits in currently, I dunno. Snyder has been good about mentioning Inc, even using it as a reason for Bruce to rationalize why Joker abducted Alfred. The last part to Kevin Smith's trilogy is set to be the last pre-Flashpoint Bat-story.
    Forgot about that mention. But how about the whole arc? When does the whole Leviathan takeover happen?

The whole Leviathan take over is in one night...

Yeah, and whenever it happens, it's definitely before Death of the Family. That much is concrete.

BANNED

Everything else isn't in continuity.

I'd go with "Signature run by important creator" and respect it like that. That puts it in the class of something like the first Batman/Grendel, which can't be in continuity because it's an intercompany crossover, but remains a classic Batman story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Everything else isn't in continuity.
    By everything else, do you mean everything before Inc vol 1?

Quote Originally Posted by dubbauw View Post
    By everything else, do you mean everything before Inc vol 1?
    Pretty sure he means that Inc's contuinity is the only one that counts.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

It takes place in a magical universe where Grant Morrison is the lord and master of all reality. In this world the Joker never cut off his face. Owl zombie assassin's do not exist. Batman has been Batman for at least ten years (if not more). Sometimes the poison of other worlds will pollute Morrison's perfect world. Legends speak of the disappearance of a few batgirls for instance. But such is the great power of Lord Morrison that the spells he casts upon Batman and the crew sometimes bleed into the more bland regular DC universe so that his light may touch everyone in it's own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Pretty sure he means that Inc's contuinity is the only one that counts.
    Oh haha true, that sounds more like Holmes.

Batman Inc. is in continuity with the exception of Bat-Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by SicSexSix View Post
    Technically, that wasn't in continuity either. More of an elseworlds story. Lee also said the Dark Knight: Boy Wonder book is supposed to finally hit at some point.

BANNED

You guys act like this is your first Crisis event.

Every single time DC does a Crisis type event, some characters and timelines reset, while others get a facelift and retcons to fit them into the new history. Batman has been doing this since he was created. Retcons and facelift, no reboot.

So yes, Batman INC is in continuity. He didn't get rebooted. DC just put some of his larger cast on the shelf to help establish his core family to new readers. The moment "Batman Incorporated" was referenced in EVERY OTHER BAT BOOK in the New 52, it cements it there.

You guys are getting hung up on the timeline. It doesn't really matter. DC tells you it doesn't matter. The age of heroes started about six years ago, while they existed prior to that for years, as urban legends and what-not. There's nothing else to really go into.