Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FF a must read if you read Fantastic Four?

Going to start reading Fantastic Four and wondered what the deal is with FF.

Does it go hand and hand with Fantastic Four or will I be fine leaving it off my pull list?

BANNED

I'd say pick up FF over Fantastic Four. It's absolutely fantastic and is better than the main book.

All I can say is FF is leagues ahead of F4 so if you love F4.
    You'll go insane over FF.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Can you give me a summary without spoilers for the new NOW series without spoilers?

Also, I am grabbing Fantastic Four 600-611 + the 3 new NOW issues. Should I go back and grab the last volume of FF or will I be OK jumping into the NOW FF?

BTW....thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by joegeek View Post
    Can you give me a summary without spoilers for the new NOW series without spoilers?

Also, I am grabbing Fantastic Four 600-611 + the 3 new NOW issues. Should I go back and grab the last volume of FF or will I be OK jumping into the NOW FF?

BTW....thanks guys
    Well most of it should be partially explained in F4. Reed ect has gone to space whilst the others are left for 'minutes' to keep an eye on it. You should get the gist + I wouldn't bother to get the old one but its up you to. I'm also considering adding F4 again....maybe.....
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

BANNED

BTW....thanks guys
    You'll be okay to jump into NOW FF. I am doing it.

And basically FF is about the replacement team watching over the kids of the FF. This includes Scott Lang Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa, and a new character, Ms. Thing (She's actually a great character)

Thanks

Should I just jump on board then with the NOW Fantastic Four as well or does issues 600-611 explain a lot.....like my buddy said it did.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Thanks

Should I just jump on board then with the NOW Fantastic Four as well or does issues 600-611 explain a lot.....like my buddy said it did.
    The Marvel NOW reboot is its own thing.

The previous run is good and you might want to read it on its own merits, but it's not required reading to follow either of the current books.
    Expletive Deleted

I like FF better then F4 to tell you the truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    I like FF better then F4 to tell you the truth.

Is it just me, or would Sue Storm as Mante Teo's invisible girlfriend make mega bundles of money?

You don't have to read F4 prior to Marvel Now but Hickman's run is HIGHLY recommended because it's one of the best F4 runs ever made.

If you don't care about going that far back, I'd actually recommend FF over F4 as well.

BANNED

Basically read FF because it's a good book, not because you need it for F4.

It's not really necessary reading for F4 as far as I know, but I highly recommend FF.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

BANNED

That's six recommendations for FF btw!

Seven.

Summary:
    (an) Ant Man, She-Hulk, faux-Katy Perry and Medusa have goofy science-hero adventures (for the whole family) while babysitting a collection of kids that includes three moloids, the severed head of another moloid, two Old Atlantians, a stuffy android, an excess Power Pack member (who really should go finish his schooling sometime) and a confused Wakandan, all super-geniuses.

It is the best idea.

Also Mike Allred does the draws, and he is a groovy drawist.