14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Gonna Hire me a Wino , to Decorate My Home....

I like watching those house hunter , house buyer shows on Saturday and Sunday mornings that A & E shows. Its no secret , I get into watching them and seeing them remodel houses they buy. Its like some sick thrill to watch them get a house and completely redo it. Knocking down a wall , adding a new room etc etc. Its like some wild game where they get a house and decide to do as much crazy shit as possible and then go over budget. Watching them go insane the moment their modest budgets get blown out the ass.

Last week I laughed so hard at one guy who completely goes insane at times on his workers when his budget gets shot to hell. Him and his wife own the business and they bought a nice place on a golf course. All the house needed was maybe the 1 wall to be knocked down and nothing more. Instead , they soon redo the kitchen like crazy and the stairway rails. Also they did some crazy shit by the fire place to make it look like a mansion when ya walk in. The $15,000 budget was shot to hell and went over $75,000 by the end.

"If you weren't my wife ...I'd fire you." he'd yell at his wife. But honestly , its his own damn fault really. He had a great house originally and he just went monkey shit crazy on.

So I always tell myself If I get a lotta money and wanna blow it....hell why not do what that classic David Frizzell song would say...

Yep so I'm gonna go get me an Otis Campbell . You know ...the town drunk on Mayberry...

This way If I do blow hundreds of thousands of dollars , least I can have some fun watching a wino decorate my home. Oh yes , it shall be fun.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

"Hang on. Let me get my swatches!"
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Deck shows are where it's at! Pergolas for everyone!
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

You should hire a bipolar danger girl, and pay her a ridiculous amount of money. That would be fucking entertaining!

I could bury the bodies in the foundation.
    Last edited by bipolar danger girl; 02-02-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Ahhh...David Frizzell. Lefty's untalented brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Ahhh...David Frizzell. Lefty's untalented brother.
    Who else could make this a classic and headline of a CBR thread...31 years later ? Only David Frizzell....
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

As a small funny update since I'm up late after sleeping earlier. Scott Yancy and his wife (that was the couple in the above show i mentioned) had another house. Yancy bought a small 2-3 bed room house for $75,000 and projected to spend $15,000 in renovations. Well folks it went straight to hell pretty fast. His wife comes in and decides to yank up all the good existing floor tile and want to get new limestone tile. Plus counter tops and more.

Yancy comes back as this is happening and demands to know... "Why is that good tile being trashed ? We only had a $15,000 renovation budget."

The conversation goes like this.

"Jenn , tell me how much is the limestone tile ?"

"Scott ...its....uhh....$7,500."

"What the hell ?! Add costs to put it down and finish and thats almost $10,000 alone. What about the counter tops and more ?"

"That is another $7,500 ..."

She explains how she has a great design touch and he should look over this as usual. Which he does .

Its a funny show to watch her blow the budget and destroy the house to rebuild it so much.